main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I actually think it would be a pretty brutal and interesting superhero movie that explored how powerless a singe powered individual was against the forces of colonialism and global capitalism in completely destroying a native society.

Rew, MrZAP and Gamiel like this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I had a pretty cool idea for the Doctor Strange trilogy. So Baron Mordo is obviously a villain in the next one, which I titled 'Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme', but I'd like Enchantress to be a villain in it too. Strange himself is too powerful to take one just one of these noobs. Dormmamu would be teased in the after credits.

Then we get to the important part - the third film. By this stage in the MCU, I feel like the Fantastic Four and X-Men will have been introduced. Now Dormammu is a big character and one of the most powerful villains there is, so it would be a shame to never use him again, which is why this film would act as a smaller Avengers film like Civil War, except Strange would assemble all of the sorcerers in the MCU, making it a big deal and giving Dormammu the best role possible. It would start with Doctor Doom (who's already a main recurring villain in the MCU by now) visiting Strange and telling him he's felt Doammu's presence, which Strange has felt as well. After some bickering the two agree to work together to fight the coming evil, and in order to stand a chance, they must assemble every magic based hero and villain they know to fight him. Doom goes and gets Enchantress, while Strange goes and gets Wong, Scarlet Witch, Magik, and whoever else is in the MCU by then. The heroes and villains must put their differences aside and work together to take Dormammu down permanently. That would be so epic to see.

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So would it be worse if Kevin Feige completely ignores your idea...or rips it off word for word?

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kevin can steal it if he wants, I'd love to see it happen! Lol.

BigAl6ft6, PCCViking and Alpha-Red like this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, that would be a fairly worthless power.

"No, my eyebrows!"

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I operate under the assumption that everyone in Scott Pilgrim will eventually play a Marvel character (plus Routh for token DC presence). It's already up to 5 (+Routh).

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    South Park had a two-fer of MCU on the season premiere with Black Panther related subplot (great slam about how meeting the kings in the afterlife is cribbed from Lion King and calling it a "structural mess") and Cartman running around wearing a leather Jacket and monolouging and background jazz music like Jessica Jones.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Disney/Fox Merger Could Actually Be Completed As Soon As The End Of 2018

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So the Snapture took out half the animal population too! From Kevin Feige Q&A around the time Ant-Man was released:

“Are half the animals dead? Are half of the horses gone? Half of the ants?” Responded Feige, “Yes. All life.”

I mean, the entire thing was resource reallocation, right? you need animals for food to the remaining half would have a surplus and "full bellies". But Thanos is an idiot and clearly didn't think it through. Or living up to his Mad Titan name. Or he believed animals weren't a food source but sentient lives that were a drain on resources and 50% of them needed to go to! Agh! You were supposed to be smarter than this, Thanos!

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    With Evans potentially retire from Cap, I would suspect that Marvel would shelf the character for a few years and lead Captain Marvel and Spidey take the reins of the MCU for a bit before the character is recast. Which I'll be fine with.

[​IMG]

I'm ready for Cap to have his dance with Peggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What part of "the Mad" in 'Thanos the Mad Titan' did you miss?

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Tru that, although the 50% plan does have a "brutal but sensible" logic to it but that kinda goes completely out the window to full on mad if he's halfing food resources as well. So much for #thanosdidnothingwrong

Dread it.
    Run from it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi @Ender Sai did you know Al thinks only meat can be food? Does this surprise you?

Jedi Merkurian and Ender Sai like this.
  16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    and "po-tay-tah chips"

Gamiel and Diggy like this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    He was just keeping it simple. I mean if you start following a yum-yum exception, where does it end? Earthlings, Kree, Xandarians ... they're all food for something.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So as for the not MCU Marvel movie released last weekend, Venom. Which I saw some speculation that it was toned back from an R to PG-13 to make it MCU compatible. Which, having watched it, I think the movie is very MCU backwards compatible friendly. Although they may have killed off J Jonah Jameson's astronaut son in the opening minutes. And it does have an actor who is in Luke Cage but, really know, as we saw with Alfie Woodard it wouldn't be the 1st time. Personally, I kind of view it the way I view Runaways or Cloak and Dagger wherein people get superpowers and nobody is particularly preturbed or unable to understand it because, y'know, they live in a world with Iron Man, the Hulk and alien invasions. Although Eddie does express disbelief that aliens exist but that could be handwaved away.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What did I just read?

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if they retroactively stated Venom was set a few years ago it might not be an issue. Having Venom set in 2012 just prior to the Chitauri invasion would also be kinda funny since that was the last time the Spiderverse almost crossed over with the MCU (with the near-inclusion of Oscorp Tower from ASM1 in Avengers 1).

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    So I saw Luke Cage Season 2, and a good part of Season 1.

I will try to do a bigger review later. But for now? Diamondback.

What was the deal with this guy. In a show that had a surprising amount of bright spots, this just seemed unrelentingly terrible. His father was a pastor, fine. The constant scriptural paraphrases were still really grating. What were they even going for? He didn't otherwise build that as a motif around himself. A good half the time they weren't even topical--he just shoe-horned it in to whatever he was saying. That besides, his name didn't really make sense, he seemed like less of a threat than the villains that came before, and he didn't pose much of a threat to Luke Cage. By the time we got to the "secret brother" revelation, it was just overwhelming soap opera.

MrZAP and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the point of Diamondback was to interject a more physical villain after Cottonmouth's Kingpin schtick. Cottonmouth was never going to be a direct threat to Luke and be able to "finish it in the streets" so to speak. And I assume the intention was also to increase the tension and pacing in the backhalf of the season after the first half of the season had a notoriously slow burn. Thus, the Judas bullet sniping/chase and, later, the power suit.

The brother revelation was soap opera, for sure- but it did allow the show to more fully go into Luke's backstory with his father (the second half of the season was essentially both hero and multi-villain origin stories, instead of front-loading that info), which is a subplot continued in the second season.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    From THR

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh holy crap! Someone who looks almost identical to Sebastian Stan [face_love] is at my job. He was in my department with two suits 15 minutes ago. I couldn’t linger or say anything because it sounded like heavy legal talk...I nearly walked into the glass doors on my way out as I noticed them.[face_blush]

In the bathroom I heard myself say No way!

Anyway, back to legit Marvel news.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Which Sebastian Stan. Long hair brooding Bucky Stan, or Sebastian Stan from The Martian?

One of my favorite YouTube pundits, ComicBookGirl19, is in love with Long hair brooding Bucky Stan, but totally rejects clean cut, clean shaven Stan.

At any rate, congrats on the encounter @Master_Lok

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.