main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    He had a few one liners. Some of which, apparently, were pulked from Wesley Snipes’ real world conversations.

That’s very different than the pattern that emerges in the third film and much of MCU, where people’s dialogue is constructed with a self-conscious desire to relentlessly “clever” or humorous as another means of entertaining the audience. It crushes any chance at naturalistic dialogue.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    RDJ saying he's "surprisingly open" to returning as Iron Man. I keep thinking hoping that Secret Wars will basically be like No Way Home but RDJ, Tobey Magurie/Andrew Garfield/Tom Holland, Hugh Jackman, and all previous Marvel stars. The Phase 4&5 noobs can get them coffee.

Anyway as Deadpool and Wolverine prep I rewatched Elektra (2005) as it's Foxverse and castmember was reported as returning, it's not particularly good and I definitely recommend the 2003 Director's Cut of Daredevil more, but I do like Garner in the role, also Terrance Stamp as Stick hustling as pool is a highlight for a minute. Also Typhoid Mary is in it (named just Typhoid), I always get her and Lady Deathstrike confused, and Typhoid Mary turned up again in Jessica Jones, mucho different but there. I also rewatched the Tim Story Fantastic Four movies, I think they got the family dynamic super fun in the first movie and sort of still there in the 2nd one. Doom gets better as the movie goes on, 2nd one is mostly VFX though, needs more gags (but the opening 30 minutes are breezy enjoyable). And both are certainly more enjoyable than that 2015 movie, what the hell, lets do Fantastic Four body horror because that's what people want (I think it was a repudiation of the first two movies I guess?)

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Foot drawer and Deadpool co-creator getting some flack from Disney

He's still hosting screenings of Deadpool and Wolverine though

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Who wrote this mess - The Hackolyte?
    Just kidding, I haven’t watched any yet

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Rew, TCF-1138 , tom and 3 others like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Deadpool and Wolverine director Shawn Levy tops list for next Avengers gig.

Pertinent bit re. Everyone in it. "Even with no director set and the script only recently coming in, Marvel has been working hard in recent months to pull this together so shooting can begin next year on one of Marvel’s largest productions to date. Sources close to both the project say more than 60 MCU characters could reprise their roles, including everyone from Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth and Benedict Cumberbatch to Tom Hiddleston, Simu Liu and Karen Gillian. Unlike the first four films in which there was a core group that consisted of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Hemsworth and Ruffalo, many of the characters in this film would have equal footing, making it more of an ensemble feature instead of a handful of characters leading the team."

I'd say Infinity War is more like that and Endgame is the core Avengers flick.

7. Dr Silva

Dr Silva Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 23, 2021
    I've always thought Downey and Evans would return especially now with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, i bet Patrick Stewart will return one last time as Professor X, Ian Mckellan as Magneto etc, this will be Feige going all out and getting everybody he can in this movie.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I do think this has been leading to a Marvel Multiverse, and not just MCU Sacred Timeline/Earth-199999 ala 2015 Secret Wars Doom rewrites the Earth but it's all mashed up and multiple different Marvel continuity versions. The next saga there's a smoothing out of continuity and whoops it looks like mutants have always been there

Let's go for Dolph Lundgren Punisher!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Yesterday Evangeline Lily announced she's retiring from acting.
    Either we'll get another WASP or simply the MCU we'll just pretend she got lost inthe quantum realm in between movies.
    Anyway, the Wasp was easily one of the more misused Avengers characters in the MCU.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, and she was basically cut down to nothing to do in an already sparse character arc in AM3. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes an exception for a cameo in Secret Wars, but I suspect that we'll get a multiverse recast of her after that. Especially since I think she's pretty serious about retiring, given that she's been talking about it doing so for almost (if not over) a decade at this point.

But it will be a tricky needle to thread, because Scott's connection to Lily's Hope is a pretty strong character trait (and one of the best character moments in AM3).

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You can't have Ant-Man without The Wasp

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The first Ant-Man was fine without a suited-up wasp.

if they really need a female counterpart, his kid is fine.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It also partly served as an introduction to Wasp so she could then appear in the next movie.
    I would jut recast, you need to have that duo because they work well together.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Moderator star 10 Staff Member Moderator

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess that depends on if Paul Rudd's Ant-Man is still around after Secret Wars.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Marvel would recast a main character at this point (beyond the obvious Phase 1 and less-obvious Marvel TV examples). Not when they can use a Secret Wars reset to address any needs in-universe.

rocknroll41 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Good riddance. She’s an anti-vaxxer piece of ****.

Ramza, PCCViking , blackmyron and 3 others like this.
  17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That sounds very strong. Anyway, I will say I was embarrassed that her post-Lost career was a Rock Em Sock Em robots movie with Wolverine.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Real Steel was surprisingly one of the best family movies in recent decades.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I will say that I agree with Quest -- and you all know how much I hate doing that -- but Real Steel was surprisingly better than it should have been.

rocknroll41 and The2ndQuest like this.
  20. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I wonder if his Star Wars movie will still happen.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    About as high a chance as any announced Star Wars movie has been

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    His daughter can become the new Wasp.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You can also just recast.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Shy an actor dying, I don't think Marvel has any incentive to cross the recasting threshold they've established before Secret Wars.

She becomes/has become Stature.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Tell that to Terrence Howard.