main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'll believe a man can fly... Again. Superman Returns!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Superman Returns - The only movie coming out in 2006 that I'm actually looking forward to so far. Everything I've heard and seen so far has been positive regarding this project. Good cast, great writers, and a big budget. It looks like Singer and Warner Bros are really looking to deliver on this one. Check bluetights.net for weekly updates - they just put up some sweet high-res shots.

[image=http://jc.oaxz.com/supermanreturns.jpg]

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I hope they do a midnight release with this one. I can't wait, I love Superman, growing up with him as a kid. He's always been my Superhero of choice.

~PK~

3. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I remember thinking when he flew around the earth to turn back time and save Lois that that was just about the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Movie looks like it's got a pretty good cast lined up. Should be a good time. :cool:

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    woohoo. i was waiting for a thread on this. i'm excited about it to. it's cool singer decided to use stock footage and recordings of marlon brando for jor-el. i liked his dialogue in the trailer. there is only one other person i would have play the role of jor-el and that is anthony hopkins

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I saw they were using the Williams score in the trailer. Is this gonna be the case with the movie? Is Williams doing it?

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    JW is not doing the movie score. John Ottman or whatever his name that did X2 is doing it. he is going to be using some of the themes JW had in the original movie though. there will me new material in it also

7. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I too am really looking forward to it. Am I over the top excited? Not really, it's gonna hard to beat the original; and I'm not a kid anymore. The realities of life kinda take away the magic.. but everything that I've read/seen as well says it should be really good. As with ROTS, I hope it makes money and lots of people go see it; cause like KONG; the budget on this was not exactly small and I'm not sure what kind of international appeal this will have.

Williams "Superman March" is being used, after that it's all Ottman with some of Williams themes thrown in for good measure. This is the only thing I'm really not excited about.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    does anyone have the music from the teaser trailer where i could download it

9. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm looking forward to Superman - Bryan Singer is directing, and I like his work.:)

10. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    i'm looking forward to the movie, buti STILL am not sure about brandon routh as superman.. he looks great if they were casting superBOY.. but i imagine he'll be ok, i suppose singer chose him for a reason, and i really like all of his movies..
    it was a GREAT idea to make this a sequel to superman 2... those old movies (especially the first 2, but i also liked 3.. thought 4 kinda sucked..) were fantastic and there's no reason to forget they existed..

11. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i cannot wait for this movie to come out! i am as excited about this coming out as i was when i heard about star wars returning (tpm). i just hope i am not quite as disappointed.

saying that though, i don't see how this film can fail.

12. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    This one will be fun to watch - I miss the days of Reeve as the man of steel but i look forward to the new addition to the line of movies.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't, but it's on the Superman The Movie 2-disc soundtrack. The track is called "The Planet Krypton". As to which tracks will be used, I think it'll be the following. "Main Title", "Love Theme", "March Of The Villians", "The Fortress Of Solitude", "The Planet Krypton", "Trial Of The Villians", "Kryptonite" and "Destruction Of Krypton".

14. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I just read the plot line on IMDB, and it strikes me as having some similarities to Batman Begins. Could be just me though...

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I've never really been into Superman. I used to watch Lois & Clark over dinner most nights quite a while ago ([face_blush]) but that was about as far as it went. Anyway I wasn't particularly fussed about this new production either; I had ignored the webdocs and any news about it that popped up on AICN or similar.

But then I saw the teaser trailer and to be honest I got quite excited. It's an excitement quite seperate from any geeky love of Superman, but just that I thought the whole thing looked really well done, and that it had an awful lot of heart put into it. So yeah, I'm excited about this one.

I read an article about the film recently, and it said that the voiceover in the trailer is infact the voice Marlon Brando from taken the previous Superman films. Is this true?

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yep. it's him. singer is using stock footage and recordings that weren't used in Superman II

17. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Yes, those are actual lines from the first film. It also mirrors the original trailer to the first film in which the very same lines were chosen to make Superman appear almost Christ-like.

This is the only movie I'm looking forward to this year. Superman was the first movie I ever saw and I've been a fan ever since.

18. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Chris Reeve will always be Superman to me.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Obi_Webb, better Routh than Nicholas Cage *shudders*

20. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It was in the firsrt one as well, it is williams' Krypton theme

21. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Absolute truth there.

But I am interested in seeing how they do with a remake. I was more of a Batman fan than a Superman fan when I was younger, but I've recently found the Man of Steel more intriguing as a character. Maybe I'm just tired of the Dark angle, but the Batman Begins movie didn't grab me like I thought it would, so I hope this one is better.

Not too sure that I like the costume though...it doesn't seem bright enough, and for some reason, I hate the boots.

22. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Absolutely, Chris will always be Superman to me as well. I guess each Gen is different. Kirk Alyn and George Reeves and then Christopher, and I guess Brandon will be for the newer fan.

Not sure about the costume either. I think it's kinda of a nice touch to pay tribute to the old 30's cartoons and serials...but something just doesn't seem quite right.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

This isn't a remake. This is a sequel to Superman and Superman II. One that ignores the last two films. That's why it's called "Superman Returns" instead of "Superman Begins" or "Supeman: First Flight".

24. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Christopher Reeve will of course always be the Superman. If things had gone differently, Singer might have been doing a Kingdom Come project with Chris as an aged Superman right now, instead of Superman Returns. But They didn't. And just as George Reeves passed the torch to Chris, the torch is now being passed to Routh, who should be given a fair chance.

Dean Cain in not canon. [face_not_talking]

25. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Kindom Come with Reeves would have been AWESOME!!!! Man I loved that comic. I think routh is going to be very good in the role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.