main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Younglings' Academy

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by RubberDuckTape, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

Yes...yes she was. Its her favorite game. I thought the licking was aggravating, but I would gladly trade that for the pooing.

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Thats so funny!!! [face_laugh]
    I guess something to look forward to.......

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Mr. Bug found an old cell phone and was examining it. I asked him "who are you going to call?" and he said "Medico" which sounded an awful lot like 'Mexico'...

o_O

4. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I'd like to give away some kids...

Earlier they were playing nicely together, now Mr. bug has decided that throwing cars at his sister's head is great fun. He actually has pretty good aim and has already made her cry once. I took the cars away, but he's still finding more to throw, and his sister is going in the same room as him (even though I told her, if you aren't near him, he can't throw them at you) which he thinks means that he should throw more. :oops:

5. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yesterday Abby was so mad at me that I put her in a dress. (tomboy already?!?!) She was complaining to me all morning then finally gave up. I figured out why she hated because she couldn't crawl in it because her knees would hit the fabric and slip..........ha ha! Now she has no choice she must walk! (I'm such a horrible mom :p

6. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I have the oscillating fan on since I'm burning up, and Mr. Bug is sitting on my lap and keeps pointing to it saying
    "What's That?"
    "A fan."
    2 seconds later: "What's that?"
    "still a fan."
    2 seconds later: "What's that?"
    "a monkey"

at which point he looked at me with the most surprised look on his face and stopped asking.

:D

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would do that all the time to my daughter. I would be cooking and she would ask "What are you doing?" I would say "Feeding the elephants" she would be like "I wanna see!!!"
    or doing laundry "What are you doing?" "I'm watching a concert" Then she would pout becuase she wasn't tall enough to watch it.

How bad of a mom was I???? It was funny, and she most of the time wouldn't ask me what I was doing, if her friends asked you could see the panic in her face, like 'what is my mom going to say & how will my friend react????' hehehehe [face_devil]

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My Mom tried that...problem is that she had 4 VERY sarcastic children. After enduring the "can I have a drink?" question until her soft drink was almost gone for umpteenth time, she said, "If I was drinking horse pee you'd probably want a drink!"

My brother and I looked at each other and then said, "I don't know. What's it taste like?" We were all of 9 and 5 at the time.

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Beans latest annoying habit is actually quite humorous for the first few times in the day.

"Julien, come in here please."

"I'm not Julien, I'm Hermione."

"Are you hungry, Julie?"

"I'm not Julie, I'm Hermione."

She does this everytime we say her name. Yesterday, my mom said, "Nice to meet you Hermione, my name is Chewbacca." and Bean about flipped out. "You are not Chewbacca, you are MiMi!"

10. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Last night as we were putting the younglings to bed, Mr. bug was in his sister's room 'filling' his diaper. She started coughing and gagging from the stench and saying "ISAAC!" so he ran out of the room, stopped at the door and said "I Sowwy" in the cutest voice ever. The smell lingered in her room so she kept complaining and every time she said something, he would say "SOWWY!" It was too funny.

Pretty much now every time he does something to her, on accident at least, he will tell her "sowwy" and give her a hug or pat her arm. If it's on purpose however, we have to tell him to apologize to his sister and then he'll do it.

11. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    LOL--READING THESE THINGS ARE GREAT! OUR YOUNGEST, QUINLAN, IS SO FUNNY AND MEAN AT THE SAME TIME. IF YOU TELL HIM TO STOP DOING SOMETHING HE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO HE LOOKS UP AT THE CEILING AND IGNORES YOU. AND HE IS VERY DEMANDING. THEN HE DOES WHAT ISAAC DOES, ASKS YOU THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I TELL HIM ONCE AND THEN WHEN HE ASKS AGAIN, I SAY I ALL READY TOLD YOU. THEN HE GOES, OH OK. :rolleyes:

12. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yesterday Abigail and I spent 20 min in the fridge as she pointed to each thing and asked "whats this" and I'd say what it was. Her favorite was the beer, she would say "what's this" I'd say beer and she said, "ooo" then try to take, then I would say "nope only for adults" and she would put it down. [face_love]

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Mr. Bug is fascinated by the baby swing and bouncy chair. I had to listen to the music each of them plays for about an hour this morning. There was almost murder in the front room today.

[face_hypnotized]

14. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    We still don't have a/c in the house, so right now on the level I'm on it's 83. Mr. Bug is up one level in his bedroom, which is at least another degree warmer. He has a gate across his door and keeps showing up at it needing more water in his bottle. This last time I hear "momma?" and I look up the stairs to see him halfway into a long sleeved shirt. I'm not sure if he put it on and decided it was hot then got stuck taking it off, or if he started to put it on and got stuck. I went upstairs and said, "Are you stuck" to which he replied "yah,STUCK."
    :oops:

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Last night during dinner, Bean excused herself from the table to go to the potty...in itself, not unusual.

Then we started hearing a strange noise, like chanting coming from the open bathroom door.

My mom went to investigate, and there was Bean, waving her hand above the toilet and saying, "I can feel the air (heir) of slytherin coming out. Hot!"

What a goof!!!

16. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Mr. Bug has started to pay more attention to Baby Chubbs. Now when she cries, he comes up and holds up his hand like he's stopping traffic and says "NO CRY! Baby, NO CRY!"

I can't believe she's already 3 1/2 months old. We have to get the exersaucer out soon because she is getting tired of being always held or in her swing and wants to stand up all the time. She can sit up by herself for about 3 seconds before doing a 'Timber!' slow motion fall, so it won't be long before she's crawling and getting into all the little things her brother and sister like to play with. My little baby is growing up too fast!

17. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Wow! She's motivated.

18. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Yeah, she can already roll from her tummy to her back (has done it 3 times so far) and scootch herself around, but I think that is more because she's a wiggle baby instead of her trying to move. She has to keep up with big bro and sis

19. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    It's amazing how quickly they grow up... I have a whole new appreciation for my parents' comments as I was growing up now.

Speaking of growing up... Anyone have any tips for potty training?

Sarah has started the process, she says she needs to or did potty, will sit on the potty for a few seconds usually, maybe up to 30 seconds, going well there.

The problem we have currently, she is stripping down after we put her to bed and then going in her bed. Not hollering or coming to get us or anything until after her bed is all wet.
    We tell her she can come get us if she needs to go potty, but so far, no luck.

We'd put the potty in her room, except thus far if it's anywhere besides the bathroom she pulls it apart, puts toys in it or puts the little bucket on her head and happily calls it a hat. Makes us nervous for if she DOES use it and then decides to play.

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  21. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    Hannah was looking through her Star Wars DK Reader Step one book and saw Yoda's hut. Then she saw Luke. She asked how Luke fit in such a tiny hut. I told her he had to bend down to get through the door. She said "Oh, he did the limbo?"