main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Your Aunt Mara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Your Aunt Mara
    Characters: Ben Skywalker and Allana Solo
    Setting: 42 ABY
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Skywalker wanted to be alone today, in his room. Doing nothing but looking back on all the great memories he had with his mother, Mara-Jade Skywalker.

Two years ago, she died two years ago today all because of Jacen. If had never became a Sith this would've never happened. She'd still be here today.

The door to Ben's bedroom slightly opened which caused him to look up from the picture book he was looking at. A little girl's head peaked in, it was Allana. "Ben?" she called out.

"You can come In Allana." he said. Despite wanting to be alone today he didn't mind having Allana come in.

"Hi Ben. You haven't come out of your room today is everything alright?" Allana asked innocently. Ben looked at his younger, six year old cousin. What was he gonna tell her?

"I just wanted to have some alone time today."

"Do you want me to go?" Ben shook his head. "Nah, it's OK."

"Why are you so upset?"

"Well, my mom died two years ago today." Allana looked confused. No one really spoke about Mara to her. "Who was your mom?"

"Your Aunt Mara..." Ben said on the verge of the tears. Allana sat on his bed beside him and patted her older cousin on the back. "It's OK, Ben. You can just cherish her memory and let it live on."
    Ben looked at the young Hapan Princess and smiled. "Thanks Allana."

"If you don't mind me asking, but how did she die?"

Ben couldn't tell Allana her own dad killed her, Allana did not know the truth about Darth Cadeus. They just told her her father died while battling Cadeus. Allana though Cadeus was someone totally different. "Darth Cadeus, the Sith who was fighting your dad killed her." Allana gasped. "I'm really sorry Cousin Ben. She didn't deserve to die."

He felt so bad for Allana, her own father killed his mother. "Would Aunt Mara have liked me?"
    "I'm sure she would've. Your Aunt Jaina and her were very close. And believe it or not, Aunt Mara once worked for the Empire as an assassin"

"Really?" Ben shook his head yes.

"I have quite a family history." The little girl said.

Ben laughed. "Yes, you do."

"Can you tell me some more stories about Aunt Mara?"

"Sure, why not, kiddo. After all I should cherish her memory and let it live on."

Note: Might edit this in the future!

2. Hans lil girl

Hans lil girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    a very good story. would suggest continuing the story.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    It is nice to see Ben remembering his mother with someone that never knew her.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great little story.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Cute little story! It would be nice to see Ben telling Allana more about Mara!

6. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you guys so much for reviewing! When I wrote this I got no reviews, so happy you four commented! Thank you I really appreciate it.

7. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Sweet

8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I agree...it needs to be continued..it just feels too short

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nicely done! You should continue it.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) I would also like to see this continued. [face_batting] Mom!Mara is a treat to read. I also like the tone you've given Allana. =D= Curious and warm and has a good approach to her "interesting" family history [face_laugh] ;)

Team Padme likes this.
  11. Blackfish

Blackfish Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2012
    Cute. I love the Ben-Allana combo myself. Just a little fact check, though. Two years after Mara's death, Allana would be eight, not six.

Team Padme likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback EmeraldJediFire Blackfish Jade_eyes

Allana was four around the time of Mara's death, not six.

And if you guys really want me to continue.

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aw, very sweet. I quite like the interaction between Ben and Allana, the 'next generation'. It'd be interesting to see how would Allana react to the truth one day.

It's actually been awhile since I've read fanfics, I feel like this was a very good one to start with. :)

Team Padme likes this.