main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Fanfic Will and Testament

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Tears and Rain would go to either VA_Parky or VaderLVR64--whoever would be most interested in finishing it up.

And the sequel to one of my stories that is supposed to come out in January would come with me. I like oqi's idea. [face_devil]

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wow...Thanks for the vote of confidence Marie & Lola! Y'all are just trying to make this good ol' country boy blush, huh?

As for my stories? I think I'd want a lottery held. Everyone pitch in ten bucks, and then my unfinished (and finished but not posted) manuscripts get doled out by ticket draws. With all the money raised going into the my bank account.

[face_thinking] y'know...i think it might be time to fake my own death...[face_mischief]

3. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006

*Keels over*

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] None of that now.

5. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Striker:

I bequeath Three New Sailor Senshi to Jaded_Girl and rebel_cheese.

I'll be (partially) entrusted with your marquee story? Wow, thank you. [face_blush] Makes me feel terrible that I didn't bequeath anything to you.

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    What an odd, odd topic. I've thought about this before but never expected to see a thread about it in resource :p

Into the Lion's Den would go to Princess_A or the wonderful Dianethx
    Shroud of Darkness would go to Kynstar, my collaborator
    The Days Like These series, would also go to my collaborator, Neon Star and Princess_A
    My Drabbles would go to Charmisjess

I was glancing back over my old stuff and surprisingly most of it is actually finished :p

7. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    ;) Oh, and I leave Consort to Darth-Father-In-Law of whom I know would do it justice...

8. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Oh wow, thank you. :) Though, I'm not sure would 'justice' be the right word here...[face_batting]

Well, AF: this is revenge. I'd leave 'Divida et Impera' to you. ;) 'Exodus' would go to VaderLVR64 - she could create something splendid.

'Higher than Hope' would go to CrazyAni - mostly because she needs some punishment, and then, she could make some sense to it. :D

I have several plot bunnies...I think Star_Angel would get "that one"...And rocketscientist "the other one". No explanations to these. [face_devil]

9. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    You are trying to kill me... aren't you? [face_mischief] Hee... you'd have fun with it... I've merely done the first chapter.

10. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Yes, I am trying to kill you. But it wouldn't be so bad...I already have a plotline and several dialogues, flashbacks and so on...;) You would only be...terrified. :p

Well, I'm sure I would have fun with it.

11. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    *Runs away screaming* No, spare me! Not the story, that is, an unmerciful death!

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I would bequeath "Tales of Tatooine" to WyoJedi and "My Brother, Myself" to PrincessC.

13. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I laughed when I read the first post, because it's just so ironic...story time:

Okay, so I was lying in bed one night and thinking about really profound stuff, and it was at that moment that I realized I wasn't afraid of dying. Nope. Instead, I found that I was TERRIFIED of dying and leaving a story unfinished, caput, with no ending. I mean...the horror! So the next day I went up to myPartner in Evil (PIE...pretty much my best friend), registered as Claudius_Jayde, and I said, "Abbey, if I die, you're in charge of finishing any stories that I haven't finished."

So...my stories go to Claudius_Jayde. But in the even that she should die, here are my suggestions:

The sequel for the Plot of Fulfillment goes to my beta, mastermeg, and she may rally SilSolo to help her if she wishes.

My Allana-series-which-is-yet-unnamed goes to either ZebulaNebula or SilSolo, or maybe both.

And the short story I am currently working on for the J/TK December challenge goes to Jade_Max, because I know that she will fill it with angst, which is it's intended purpose.

I think I would have to leave You've Reached the Vaders, Please Leave a Message After the Beep...to Jade_Max again, because she's good at all that family drama, or someone cool on the Saga baord, but I don't really know anyone very well there...

14. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I like the idea of leaving my readers hanging forever causing some of the faithful to organize into a secret society which would meet irregularly to interpret tea leaves and toenail clippings in hopes of finding my reincarnation.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

In the event of my untimely (or timely, depending on who you ask) death, I leave Dissent Rising to VaderLVR64. She's been my faithful beta, and put up with me as her Padawan, so it's only fair that she should have to end that monstrosity. ;)

I leave The Legacy to VA_Parky. Along with being an incredible writer, she's one of my most faithful readers.

In case of my death, those are your stories, whether you want them or not. Now, I give both of you permission to end them with, "A huge safe fell on all of them and they all died. The End." ;)

I hope for both of their sakes that a bunch of us don't suddenly kick the bucket. If so, they're going to be busy with all of the stories that are being left to them. :D

15. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I have one major dangling storyline at the moment. It is Anakin's Escape, an Star By Star AU. I would leave this fic in the very capable hands of Jade_Pilot. I think she is master of dialogue and empathy. She creates such warm place to read no matter what the subject matter. this fic would need a good storyteller and she is it.

Thanks, Lola64, for the confidence in my bringing your every plot bunny to life. But, Cyrano, I'm not sure about that one.

Edit: Kelli_LB, I may just have to steal your icon because once I change from a long time icon, I get manic and switch between a few. That one ist good!

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Believe it or not, I actually considered this not too long ago...[face_thinking]

I like the idea of leaving my readers hanging forever causing some of the faithful to organize into a secret society which would meet irregularly to interpret tea leaves and toenail clippings in hopes of finding my reincarnation.

I would just assume Naamit was actually the characterization of oqi, and that Badour had just gone ahead and finished the story rather rudely and abruptly.
    :p

I would leave my stories to a few friends.

Shades of Gray: MsLanna, because she writes a MUCH better Hethrir than I.

The Four Huntsmen I leave to oqi, who upon her discression, will in turn finish the story by mass murder via handing out assignments to the revolutionaries on the Death Coaster in the OC ANOM...

And to my brother, who is a lurker - and will NEVER post anything - I leave the Shades of Gray sequel, he knows what its about, but will never tell.[face_devil]

17. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this! :p

Let's see...

Skywalker Family Game Night and It Takes Two can both go to VaderLVR64. O:)

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I've thought about this too. We're quite the (lovably ;) ) odd bunch here. :p

I like oqi's idea best, honestly. [face_devil] But if I were to bequeath a story, I'd want someone who understood me well enough to take the story in the same general direction I was going, but talented enough to put their own spin on it and really make it their own. Depending on what type of story it was, I'd leave it to either LadyPadme, obaona, Knight_Aragorn, Jedi-2B, or Jedi Trace. Such lucky girls they are. :p

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *ears perk*

Wait, what? Tell me more... ;) [face_batting]

Hm... I had to go back and look at my fics. hee

I'd leave all my mush (which is... um... all my fics but 3 [face_laugh]) to Jade_eyes, who is always so sweet and enthusiastic about them!

"The Measure of a Man" would go, of course, to my fellow Angel, JadeLotus. She might want my 2 stabs at actual plot and angst, too... ;)

And I'd leave "Father-in-Law" to Jedi Trace. I'd like to see it expanded. ;)

It's fun to see what everyone would bequeath!

20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I would have to bequeth my fic Insatiable to ginchy - she's the only other person who knows how it's going to end! Even though writing all the angst might kill her as well :p

I'd probably leave Chimera and the sequel to Jedi Trace - I know just how well she writes Dark!Luke.

21. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Joiner to Brentus of Gath (He is my Master, and he beta'd some chapters)

The rest of Joinerverse to Alishu06 (short story collections) (She has my notes!) [:D]

and Unnamed Fic to Jackyy. (Thanks for those ideas a few months ago. It's a massive NJO AU, just to help you get started.)

and M33 Saga to Kidan. ;) (It's my first fic, it's supposed to be Lara Notsil centric, but never went anywhere. Something about clones and HRDs, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun killing them all :p

last but not least, the unnamed method by which Zan Arbor inflicted on Tallisibeth in the short story
    "The Darkside is a Pathway to many powers" to... Kissa (I'm not sure why, but I just want to say the character Khay Don got to me...)

My sig: to Imperial77 [face_skull] (heheheheehee)

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]

On second thought....I like Kidan's lottery idea :p

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love reading the posts and reasonings.

The Four Huntsmen I leave to oqi, who upon her discression, will in turn finish the story by mass murder via handing out assignments to the revolutionaries on the Death Coaster in the OC ANOM...

You are so right there! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Excellent idea for aa thread Herman. :*

24. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Well, my sole WIP Galaxy Grey is only missing three scenes and an epilogue at this point when it comes to actual writing. The rest is a matter of posting it. I would have to leave it to my brother Forcefire. He knows the characters pretty darn well and has some idea of how I think ? as much as anyone does, anyway. :p

I do, however, have a number of fics in prewriting stages, or even started but unposted. If I were posting one of those when I met my end? [face_thinking]

Shades of Twilight, my planned Purge fanfic, would have to go to oqidaun because she would think of spectacular new ways to kill them all.

Braken Starblaster, Space Attorney, my planned Imperial-lawyer-humor-fic (a tired clichéd idea, I know) would have to go to my favorite comedic writer on the boards, 1Yodimus_Prime. Sorry Yod. You have the Douglas Adams-inspired timing and wackiness necessary.

Galaxy of Suspects, my prequel for the Galaxy Noir series, I would leave to Luton_Plunder and Mjsullivan. Make those Aussies work together, whether they want to or not. :p

Mjs got a taste of writing my characters in our collab For Hire, and would provide all the explosions necessary. LP seems to enjoy writing about cops on Corellia, so this would be down his grimy crime-filled alley. They?re both darn good writers, one noobish and one board-reclusive ? which I?m hoping will balance out into awesomeness. ;)

The 31st Man, the NewRep Intelligence fic? Can I leave that to the writers of 24? Even if I don't die? [face_laugh]

Galaxy Noir: Planetary Sin, I would bequeath to my crew of Loyal Readers to figure out the last installment of the series together. Perhaps they will blame each other instead of me. :p

25. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    JmsBndGrl :p.... Perhaps it would have been clearer if I put the vowels in, but I invented that screenname on a site where that would have been too long to post, so taking out the vowels was the best solution. I could change my icon to "Miranda Frost," but "Die Another Day," was my least favorite Brosnan James Bond film.

Anyways....You did what! I gave up my own "Phantom," fic because of DRL time constraints, but I couldn't say no to yours. I'd feel guilty if I didn't finish it. Oh well, I'd find a way. Just don't plan on dieing on me anytime soon. ;) I'm flattered that you would trust me with your story.

As for my WIPs:

"A Jedi For Christmas," - Would go to HandmaidenVeme, I know she knows what source material I pulled that from, so she would have the best idea of where I was going with it. Although her take would be different from mine, I think it would be closest to my intentions. However, since I am almost finished with it I doubt she will have to worry.

"Always in Motion: If You Love Me," - This one is hard, but that is because I spent so much time on its predecessor and it is my personal favorite. I know that AnakinsFavorite would be quite capable of developing a dynamic plot for it and would be able to maintain the integrity of my version of Obi-Wan. Also, even though I have not really released plot details, my fellow angels, HandmaidenVeme and Amidala66 could probably piece together a vauge idea of my intentions and ultimately get to the conclusion I was shooting for. Exxaciel and darksideyesplease also have a fairly good handle on who my OC, Aila, is. However, I don't know if I could bequeath that story to someone. Perhaps it is selfish, but I am attached to my story and my characters. Any of the people above could give it a great endng, but it wouldn't be my ending. I think that if I died today, I would have to live up to the title that Amidala66 gave me. I would truly be "The Mistress of Cliffhangers." With my death, my "Always in Motion" Saga would die too. So let us just hope that doesn't happen. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.