main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favourite scenes from the Star Wars movies

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by major_phennir, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    im not sure if this qualifies as a scene as it never made it into the final cut of ROTS but its one of my faves, in the deleted scenes, there is a segmant that shows General Greivous, Obi-Wan, Anakin, droids and.....*drum role* ...Shaak Ti. There is a few moments of banta between Grevous, Ob-Wan and Anakin, then Grevous kills Shaak Ti. And thats when the fun begins the two jedi decide on what to do and eventually end up cutting a hole in the floor and falling to a sub level refule and hydration center. They make their escape, and anakin seals the hatch using his lightsaber. This quickly brings on the under-estimating words from Obi-Wan "It will never hold" there is an explotion and guess what..... the hatchway holds in place although with what seems to be a rather large super battle droid head shaped dent in the metal work. I rather liked this scene as it explains what happens to Shaak Ti. And i really dont understand why they didnt finish it. Instead of re filming the first encounter between grevous, obi-wan and anakin they could have just left it in with a few tweaks, i beleive this would have given the opening sequences a little more depth and fealing to the characters, the way it did to luke in ANH when he saw his aunt and uncles bones on the desert sand of tatooine.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    1. The entire Hoth Ground Battle - I love space battles, but the gritty realism of the ground assault on Echo base impressed me on a certain level and has been my favourite scene for ever.

2. Difficult to choose one, so I'll go with Yoda taking it to Count Dooku the first time (AOTC), though I was ultimately disappointed that he couldn't multitask to save Obi and Anakin, and also stop or at least try to stop, Dooku from escaping.

3. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    OMG, there are sooooooo many, we are spoilt for choice!

I guess BINARY SUNSET from A NEW HOPE

But really it has to be the OPENING CRAWL followed by the opening scene of the REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER being pursued by the IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER, best opening to any film and it throws us right into the middle of a story, yet alone another Universe!

All the films have so many stand out moments and we all love them

4. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    ANH:Han chaseing the stormtroopers into the hanger only to chased back by them [face_laugh]

5. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    Okay... Next five. From ANH just to keep some order here.

1. ANH: C3-PO and R2 landing on Tatooine. Their banter is beyond fun.
    'Well, I'm not going that way. It's much too rocky. This way is much easier.' - Gosh, how many times have I said that to myself on a mountain! Never works.
    'You'll be malfunctioning within a day, you nearsighted scrap pile!'
    'And don't let me catch you following me begging for help, because you won't get it.'
    C3-PO turned out so perfectly English. I love him.

2. ANH: Cantina scene, but not with Han. I love this conversation:
    Ugly humanoid looking thing in menacing voice: He doesn't like you.
    Luke: I'm sorry.
    Ugly thing: You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence in twelve systems.
    Luke: I'll be careful.
    Ugly thing: You'll be DEAD!

3. The meeting in the conference room on Death Star, with the parring of Vader, Tarkin and Motti.
    Motti: 'Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fort...'
    Motti chokes
    Vader (in a disgusted voice): I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Tarkin: Enough of this! Vader, release him!
    Vader: As you wish.
    I have a soft spot for the irony this one expression, 'As you wish' can convey.

4. 'Listen, I don't know who you are, or where you came from, but from now on you do as I tell you, ok?'
    Perfect delivery, do I need more explanation?
    And the end of the scene:
    'Somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way!'
    'No reward is worth this.'

5. And finally, for today, an oft' acted out bit of scene which even my no-fan SW fans know inside out and make funny use of it in several situations:
    Obi-Wan: You don't need to see his identification.
    Trooper: We don't need to see his identification.
    Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids your looking for.
    Trooper: These are not the droids we're looking for.
    Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
    Trooper: You can go about your business.
    Obi-Wan: (to Luke) Move along.
    Trooper: Move along. Move along.

6. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    favourite scenes from star wars:

1) when they replaced Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ
    2) when Jake Lloyed went "Wheeee" at some point in the TPM
    3) the rolling in the grass in AOTC

7. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Are you being ironic Fleeboy or are these genuinely your favourite scenes??!! [face_worried]

To me, you've chosen the three worst moments in the Star Wars saga [face_shame_on_you]

8. chrisfree

Apr 28, 2006
    Come now! That was so cute. [face_whistling]

9. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    i think sarcastic is the word. ;)

10. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Phew!

Okay, I missed the joke, didn't I? [face_worried]

11. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
  12. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    No, the worst moment has to be Darth Vader's 'Nooooooo!!" in ROTS. (I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of SW fans cried out in horror, and were suddenly silenced).

Although any moment where we have to see Hayden Christiansen turning the once bad-arse Vader into a whiny emo teenager with awful chat up lines isn't far behind.

13. chrisfree

Apr 28, 2006
    [face_not_talking] I don't know. I really liked him actually.

14. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    I disagree CA with your comments on the Vader scene where he cries 'No' in ROTS because I think that for me is a critical moment in the development of the character. It is a final reinforcement of the fact that Vader isn't simply pure evil and that there are more dimensions and complexities to the character.

To my mind Vader is the tragic hero. Yes, hero! It wasn't a typo. He ultimately brings balance to the Force in Return of the Jedi. Moreover the choices that he makes leading to his corruption to the dark side are the right ones made for the wrong reasons. His failing is to believe that saving Padme is worth any cost. If anything he is blinded and corrupted by love and his reluctance to let go of those that he loves.

Vader's cry of 'No' is to my mind one of frustration and desperation. He realises that he has lost everything that he had fought for. His love is destroyed, his bride is dead, his body is ruined and his soul is surrendered to Palpatine. Its a last moment of emotion from Vader before he withdraws into himself and the dark side, which is better explained in Michael Reeves book, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

As for Haydn Christensen, I think he was good as Anakin. He did suffer I feel from poor direction and a script that at times was turgid and turned him into the whiny teen that was so detested. Personally I found his rages to be too impotent, he didn't seem to have enough anger in him to convince as a man torn by his duty to the Jedi and love for Padme. A more mature actor could have brought that to the fore I think.

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ah,the old 'it will all be explained in the book' excuse.
    sorry,i disagree wholeheartedly,on this one.
    the final scene of vader was handled terribly,starting with the simply ridiculous suit that they patched up for hayden to wear... out of shape,disproportionate and RIDICULOUS!!
    the scene should have been a homage to the frankenstien picture with his gloved hand suddenly twitching to life...
    it was more of a D'OH,than a NOOO.
    and tell me why padme dies,again?

16. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Btw, the book was by James Luceno.

As for why Padme dies, well that is a bit of a mystery. At first it seemed obvious - she had been Force-choked by Vader and then presumably the strain of childbirth had drained her of what little life was left. But then there was that rather daft line about her losing the will to live, which really didn't seem to fit at all.

17. Darth_Paddy_666

Darth_Paddy_666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2006
    Has to be the very 1st scene in the very 1st film...

I was 11 when I watched "A New Hope" in the cinema and it marked a cornerstome moment in film making history for me [face_hypnotized]

18. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    The opening Battle on ROTS (3rd film)

19. turbovader12

turbovader12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    the death star on the return of the jedi also the battle in ep 2 in the arena were c3po has a droids head lol

20. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    the start of return of the jedi,with the droids walking up the path to jabbas palace.
    but only cos i've been there...!!!
    and i'll even get the pics developed one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.