main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Your New Weapon of Choice.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    I remember a time when I would be sat in a dark room (unless it was daytime...) in front of my pc chatting away to everyone on here. Or Messenger. And that was it.

But social media and the devices we can use to acess it have come a long way in the past 11 years, and so it got me thinking, what is the main device you now use to post here?

Mine, as has been spotted, is my phone. Although I am sat at my pc doing this for a change. And, it's dark.

So, what are YOU using right now to read this?

Best answer wins a cookie.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Laptop, Win 7, Firefox. I don't use my phone much (mostly for emergencies like if the car breaks down) so it's a pretty dumb phone. And i haven't been tempted by any type of touch-screen device so far. So call me old-fashioned..

3. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm old-fashioned too and still use a laptop to read and post.

Mind you, the computer I used until a few years ago was a very old one assembled by my brother. [face_laugh]

Jedi Knight Fett and Yoshee like this.
  4. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Phone, work desktop (don't tell!), and my new i7 desktop PC at home! :) :)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My last laptop was 7 years old and on Win XP when the graphic chip finally died. I think got my money's worth out of it!

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    My old computer actually lasted from 2003 to 2011 until it suffered death by teacup.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch..so you got about a year longer out of yours then..

8. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm now on my 4th desktop in the time I've been on here. 11 years.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've only had two desktops. I went to laptop when they started coming down in price. A friend gave me an ancient IBM Thinkpad which I used for a bit til it died. I've had 3 laptops since then - all HP. Of those two survive - this one and a netbook both on Win 7.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I use my PC, mainly because I'm at home a lot and it's easier looking at a 20inch screen and using a keyboard than trying to type a lot on a small touchscreen.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    My house is now pretty integrated. I'm not an "Apple lover",as I will always have a PC over a Mac, but I love the iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Apple TV, so I have all of those.

So I can pretty much run all the media players etc from the iPhone. That said, my main posting habits are still from the PC. I'm sat at my computer for a lot of the time. But I use the iPhone when I'm "AFK"

So, to win the cookie, I'm sat in my bedroom watching Harry Hill on my Apple TV which streams it from the PC. and I'm using my iPad to remotely connect to the PC to type this.

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I use my work PC to visit and read the Boards, without logging in; write up a post (I frequent the roleplaying boards), email it to my Yahoo account.

At home, where I am permanently logged in, I collect my work from Yahoo, final edit, and post it on here.

For every day stuff, I post from home.

Yoshee likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Mac at home, PC at work.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't use touch tech worthless to me, a headache too. I used to post here on my 2007 XP desktop but for about 8 months I've been doing it on my Toshiba laptop.

15. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I use my phone or ipad these days, I remember rushing to get back to hoover up spoilers in the evenings, now I can access posts on my phone, I remember reading details of the TFA teaser in November and waiting for the trailer to drop on the Friday, no way would I have made it to work that day without a smart phone :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

16. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Primarily phone - though I'm typing this on my laptop....

17. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Right now, work desktop. Although this makes me pine for the old desktop I used when I joined here:

Pentium processor with MMX! 4GB of storage! Wonderful Windows 95 those were the days

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I now view all the forums, and post outside the roleplaying forum, from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I view and post everywhere, including roleplay, from my home PC.

Viewing only, from work PC.

19. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    Wait, you mean none of you guys are using your implants to interact on here?

Man, you're all missing out. Chiptech is awesome...

;)

Sith-I-5 likes this.