main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Zalzabar's Zpa - OOC Thread for The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    @Mitth_Fisto That is fine...again more to do with 'courage' then mental fortitude. So an orc should do very well...:D

While these are all 'in their head' it is for all tense and purposes 'real'. Does that make sense?

EDIT: @Darth_Elu Lol! Haha....I tried, very, very hard not to make it too similar...testing for different things after all. ;) :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Makes sense to me. :)

Shadowsun likes this.
  3. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Okay so I thought I should clarify some things:

Is this an illusion, yes. Under normal circumstances I think most ryujin characters would see through this pretty quickly. (save for lovely lil' new born [face_batting] ) However the orb is greatly effecting thier powers, particularly for the ryujin. After all it is designed for hunting ryujin. Zalzabar yes wants strong, powerful mages, warriors and ryujin but this test is more to do with when things go bad, when things are at their hardest you push through nonetheless.

So think less 'mind battle' or seeing 'past the illusion' but strength of resolve and of will. 'Courage' if you will.

Although some of you might be a little tricksy about it, much to the annoyance of Audacia.... [face_laugh]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Excellent post, @Kurisan and @Shadowsun! :D

Though...*pauses in thought a moment* I think it best we take this to PM. ;)

greyjedi125, Kurisan and Shadowsun like this.
  5. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    YOU'VE DONE IT NOW @Kurisan !!

BEHOLD THE WRATH OF RED ELU (He's like regular elu, but angry)

6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    No, he may be right. I’ve asked for help.

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *laughs* No, no. Not at all! :p

Just wanted to give a little advice. ;)

Kurisan, greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    LAYETH THE SMACKDOWN ELU!

Kurisan, Shadowsun and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Isn't that The Jam's job? :p

Kurisan and Shadowsun like this.
  10. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Okay I wanted to make a small note about ryujin,

While rare, ryujin can be born from two non-ryujin parents. If you are familiar with basic genetics think of ryujin as a recessive trait, so it can sneak through the cracks. I think the best way to compare it to is benders from Avatar. Some people have it, some don't but both are still human.

Now granted stronger ryujin typically have ryujin parents, but this is not always the case.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Kurisan, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  11. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Jots down ALL ryujin lore notes! =P~

EDIT:

@The Jedi in the Pumas

"I will fashion the bones of his followers into toothpicks for my brother and use their flesh as parchment paper to write the laws of the new world."

What's this? Dem's fighting words!! That's what!!! :mad:

[face_laugh]

:p

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *joins Grey in writing down the Ryujin lore* ;)

@Mitth_Fisto Awesome! The mind of a half-orc is a wondrous thing to behold. Thank you for that glimpse into Ne'tar's mind with the nightmares taking hold.

...and uh. *ahem* Watch the children. "Nasty little hobbitses!" :p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  13. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Mitth_Fisto haha fear of having children - well played again.

Are you going to write the whole game in that style??

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Prediction!

...Yes, he will. ;)

Don't worry, @Kurisan, it won't be easy for everyone....

15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Not a problem, @Kurisan. lol

In the meantime, let's endure alone, together. [face_nail_biting] [face_peace] :p

greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  17. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    @Kurisan

Far from easy. There are 2 reasons Esenma’s test was embraced in such a way:

1. It is not her first time having the vision. She’s been alive for a long time and the realization of what her family is has haunted her for over half her life.

2. This may not have come across in my writing... nope I’m definitely sure it didn’t: her worst fear is not

-having to face Derius
    -realizing that Nezzy has spent his life without ambition and is lost
    -nor is it the feeling of failing her children

Her worst fear is that the dinner, the representation of being a family again, is long gone. It is a fiction; a dream. That will never be her reality. The combination of the worst things to happen to her made up the vision.

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    It was portrayed amazingly. Seriously, everyone is bringing their A game so far.

Kudos to all! :cool:

greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    So sorry Pumas I speed read it and should have known there was more to it - it’s another very strong story. A different kind of pain for a mother. Very well written, I agree with Elu.

This is turning into a real rollercoaster!

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    @Kurisan What voice? :p As Darth_Elu stated, yes. Yes I believe I will.

I find once I find a character a voice and use it a couple times it sticks, so this is his voice and he already isn't co-operating! That post was originally going to be his mother being attacked and him charging to his doom to save her. As you can see that changed just in typing it up tonight.

I also should share that this is a dust off character, I originally created Ne'tar for the D'n'D game here on the boards that was quickly aborted. Although he is updated. I changed very little in his bio, but I reversed the interpretation of what that bio represents. Before he was born and raised by humans, was an outcast and his mother was a broken woman that eventually committed suicide from the PTSD from when she had been captured by the Orcs that had gotten her pregnant, and that was the spurring act that sent him out into the world.

This guy in contrast had an Orc mother and was raised by Orcs that live in a desert far from any elves or strong traditional enemies strongholds so largely left to their own devices. (I may be wrong on this as I didn't consult the GM with this headcannon, but as it's tangential I can easily pivot depending on his response). Mother died, but no trauma he had to deal with as a child and she didn't take her own life. He was an outcast but more as the eternal baby not getting his tusks and being a touch smaller rather than a freak outsider of hated enemies. The fact he hasn't left his home continent/island yet is also fun for me.

Now I haven't read much on Orcs beyond a little light research when I first made this character back when, watched the Tolkein movies, read the Hobbit, and listened to someone expound on Warhammer 40K Orcs, and of course a heavy influence has been JAM.

EDIT: Also, everyone your posts are smashing and all unique. Love it!

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Working on my post now...phew! Doing my best to match the immersion of everyone else. [face_relieved]

High bar to meet. :p

greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto and Kurisan like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Forgive the double post. But yay! I finally finished the trial of courage post...three hours later. With RL interruptions thrown in though!

*slumps in chair* [face_tired]

Now I just wait to see what @Shadowsun says in PM first before unleashing it upon the public. lol

Shadowsun and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Whelp, you made me look LOL

Definitely looking forward to your post. Guess maybe I should of done the same instead of straight posting like I did.

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Nah, you're good. I have a certain element to my post that needs a little GM approval/tweaking. :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  25. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I thoroughly enjoyed Ne'tar's post!! It is as it was meant to be! Don't need to change a thing.

EDIT:

I didn't want to double post, and it looks as if @Mitth_Fisto has gone to sleep. Most people know I'm not the paragon of patience when it comes to creative endeavors I'm excited about!LOL! All the talk of strong single mother's ( Ne'tar's mom being the catalyst here ) inspired me to post this vid.

I'm not sure if you've seen this one @Darth_Elu