main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zayne Carrick- Revan?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    My apologies to Dark Horse on the Revan issue then, Like I say they have done some stuff I've enjoyed. If they have decided to bring Revan into a comic series I'm sure it will be well done, but I still think it would ruin the story from the games which I very much enjoyed.

Yeah, screwing up is a little strong, sorry bout that. I do feel like I can see the future beyond the novels and thats what I'm disapointed with. I think its(legacy Comic) a series with potential but so far I'm kinda undecided on it.
    Sorry I'm off subject again.......

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    They hadn't decided to make her female until after the comic had begun o_O

That's like Tom Veitch being castigated for not knowing about the Chosen One Prophecy.

As for Lucien being Sion, while that does seem to work, I tend to go with the idea that Haazen is probably Sion. It keeps the weird family relationship between them if Kreia turns out to be Lucien's mother. Also, I tend to view Lucien Draay as Nihilus because he's ultimately a nihilist. Lucien has nothing that he really believes in and it was he who egged on the murders and horrors to begin with.

Plus, it allows Dark Horse to have Zayne Carrick kill his master but he'll be able to animate his armor to be killed by the exile.

Really, who hates the jedi more than Lucien?

3. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    I never got the whole Haazen/Sion angle. Sion was not a cyborg and was known for keeping his body intact out of pure hatred. Haazen looks like he hasn't been able to keep **** intact to the point he has to use a cane! In my mind he's nothing more than a precursor for Sion. Nihilus is more of a tragic character in the sense that his powers were destroying him at a rate he couldn't really control. Lucien, like I said before, is more brute strength. Not somebody that can devour a planet. Watching him do a 180 turn and kill the bounty hunter in #6 reminds me of when he does the same thing to Kreia when he cuts off her hand.

I don't get the sense he hates the Jedi. I get the sense his mother hates the Jedi. She already doesn't want "anything more to do with them or their wars". I think that what she senses with Q'anilia is more for her own ends, not to help the Jedi. Lucien recognizes that and makes him jealous. If Lucien hates anything or more accurately, anyone, it's his mother. And if you go by the game, which is the only information that's known on these characters, this would fit Kreia and Sion's relationship to a T.
    *He thinks her teachings are crap. She's more subtle, he's not.
    *He's jealous of her love of the Exile. Much like Lucien is with Q'anilia.
    *He hates her so much to the point that his mission in life is to not only kill all the Jedi, but more importantly, see that everything she has built be destroyed. Lucien already has defied the Covenant leadership by killing the padawans.
    *And he does fit the description of someone who has "fallen so far and yet learned nothing".

And as much as I feel Nihilus is Zayne, I feel double that Lucien is Sion. I would put my money on Lucien/Sion before Zayne/Nihilus.

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Two points.

1. There's no evidence Sion wasn't a cyborg as all of the parts that are robotic on Haazen are covered on Sion.

2. If Vader couldn't do it, a much weaker Sith like Sion shouldn't. Vader is the 2nd most powerful Sith of all time.

The Dark Side offers many powers and temptations some would consider....unnatural.

Nihilus clearly loves what he's doing. There's no tragedy to him. He can control his power as he keeps Visas alive to please him.

I think the answer is because Visas reminds him of his lost true love in the Covenant (I can't be the only one seeing how much draay loves his adopted sister)

or anytime else a Jedi kills with a lightsaber. I remind you Nihilus is also as good as Darth Malak with a lightsaber.

I get the sense Lucien feels he's been denied his rightful respect and destiny.

Well I think she's Kreia.

I think Lucien Draay is a bit better than being the lap dog of his mother. Sion was and was willingly after Nihilus died. That fits Haazen much better. He's Kreia/Mrs. Draay's biatch.

Lucien craves power and respect he can't get from being a seer, that fits Nihilus. He's also subtle enough to manipulate the Jedi Covenant.

Q'anilia and Lucien are clearly in love. Nihilus keeps Visas as a pet.

Nihilus destroys the Jedi Conclave on Dantooine.

Lucien's hunger for respect and to be free of his mother will drive him to destroy the world.

My biggest annoyance is that clearly Zayne should be the one to destroy Nihilus, his master, and Kreia/Haazen his unknown tormentors. Yet, this is all the exile's doing.

Unless Zayne dies and teaches the Jedi Exile then he never gets the justice he deserves.

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Thank Primus they brought Fett back, though, or else we never would have gotten the greatest EU story of all time, "The Last One Standing."

Not sure what you're talking about here. The games rewrote the TOTJ comics more than the KOTOR comics have rewritten the games. That said, the games actually rewrote very little of what we saw in TOTJ, and most of what was rewritten was stupid to begin with.

Scottish, actually. Ian McDiarmid is also Scottish, so my boy Sion's in good company.

Didn't Maw have the same kept-alive-by-hatred thing going for him?

Anyway, Vader being the second most powerful Sith of all time is why I think it's better if Sion isn't a cyborg. Sure, he may have been dead without the Force, but he wasn't nearly as kriffed up as Vader. Then you also have to consider the unique ungodly-powerful-but-seriously-messed-up-freaks-of-nature quality that Nihilus and Sion share, presumably as a result of whatever they learned at the Trayus Academy.

I think that, by the time of the actual game itself, Nihilus has moved beyond such things as love. Sparing Visas was the last shred of humanity in him, according to the game; by the time the Exile killed him, he had been completely consumed by his hunger. Nihilus was an animal.

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That's what Kreia says. I think it's actually bantha poodoo. Nihilus is clearly a lot more there than she gives him credit for.

7. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Practically anything Kriea says is Bantha poodoo. Unless it happens to be a grain of truth concealed in Bantha poodoo.

If Darth Nihilus was nothing more then an animal consumed by his hunger, I doubt Darth Krayt would have contacted his holocron. Then again, all it did was mumble is Old Sith, so there's no telling what he was saying.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I took it as a simple one word response to Krayt's plea of "Help me."

Nihilus' answer?

"No."

9. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    Where do you get the sense that he loves Q'anilia?
    *His mother is so disappointed in him because he's unable to see through the force. She calls her special, while he overhears it. Not to mention she yells at him for saying the miraluka can't see.
    *She gets upset when he elbows her while they're sparring.
    *When he's kept from entering his house, she can't believe that she doesn't want to see her, then corrects herself and says us.
    JJM is definately trying to show the relationship that she has with Krynda and the lack of one he has. Haazen's been more of a key part of his life than her and you get the feeling that he resents her. I don't once get the feeling that he's in love with Q'anilia. Really, this is the weakest argument you've made on the who's who of KOTOR so far. You made more sense with the Zayne/Revan connection, which is almost an impossible scenario, unless JJM has decided to change his background.

Vader had the potential to be great. Lucas even states himself on ROTS that he's a pathetic character that could of been so much more. But the his bionics held him back a great bit.

As to Haazen, his cybernetic arm goes all the way up to his shoulder. Sion's is covered only a little halfway above his elbow. I hardly doubt that a man who's known power is keeping his broken body together has a cybernetic arm. Even the red eye is inaccurate. In some pictures he has it, but in the game it's just a giant, white eyeball.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    You don't see the long looking glances between them and stuff?

Weird man.

I got a lot of their relationship in Issue 9#

11. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    It's my favorite issue. I've got 3 each and one that I keep out to look at when needed. Where, specifically, do you see these looks? I'd also like to see some dialogue, you know, the real way to find out how he truly feels about her. #9 is about Krynda's relationship with Lucien/Q'anilia. It's not about the way Lucien and Q'anilia feel for each other. I don't care about glances. I'm sure theres plenty glances Zayne and Gryph gave each other that can be percieved as love. But I doubt they'll be humping each other anytime soon.

12. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    You were able to discern subtle glances in a Ching-class comic?

I must be taught this skill.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Chosen One prophecy or no Chosen One prophecy, bringing the Emperor back after ROTJ is still not that creative of an idea.

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It was George Lucas' idea.

They wanted to bring back a man in Darth Vader's armor as an impersonator.

[face_mischief]

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You lost me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.