main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Go to the store at opening. Worst case you wait a few min for them to pull yours. The email is just an extra reminder for those who won’t be there at opening, really.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2024
    rocknroll41 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 18x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks, I did this and was in and out with no issue.

rocknroll41 and The2ndQuest like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I have my strategy and goals.

And, though not pictured above, I’ve honestly not had more fun in a Zelda game than herding Moblins towards trees with two Zols as I run around the back of the trees and deploy a third Zol to “clever girl” them with from the side. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 9:59 AM
    Rew, timmoishere and TiniTinyTony like this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Echoes non-spoilers
    I've had a fun experience so far. I played a lot on Thursday (release day), Friday, and Saturday. I played only a few hours on Sunday and Monday but I feel I've made some good progress. The game is a puzzle game at heart so you need a lot of patience to take time to solve the problem at hand. I didn't find anything too difficult to solve but I wouldn't label the game at too easy, more towards medium than hard. Sometimes the problem at hand is a lot of enemies on one screen or one powerful one, so at times it can be hard to play defense if you don't have any good offense.

Story is simple and easy to follow. It borrows a lot of ideas from previous Zelda's while adding new ones. The menu as illustrated above by Quest is an small concern the devs brought from TOTK, but there are workarounds like pausing to go to the Notebook and selecting your item that way using a bigger screen. I did watch a tip video on YT that gave me some ideas that I didn't think of before like just dragging an enemy and dropping them into a pit instead of attacking them with an echo.

Small nitpicks and tiny frustrations aside, I definitely recommend this title as each day it becomes a little more addicting.

Echoes spoilers
    I believe I'm in the end game. I got the final goddess sanction on Hebra mountain and I was told to go to the Endless Forest where I guess the Great Deku Tree is going to be or something and maybe the final battle. I don't have any rifts left on my map so I'm guessing I'm going to get pulled into a final one and maybe recruit Link against the final boss named Null who made a copy of me so the final boss maybe be very Zelda 2.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 10:34 AM
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Echoes spoilers
    As I surmised, I did beat the game. Here are my stats at the time of beating it.
    Echoes 124/127
    Pieces of Heart 22/40
    Might Crystals 94/150
    Stamps 15/25