main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1000 reasons to hate AOTC and the TPM

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by 05erinthehouse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    People who have 1,000 reasons to hate star wars should not be here.

2. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Some ppl just have too much time on their hands and need to get a life (not to fans but whoever made those nit-pics toward aotc and tpm).

3. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    I hate that guy so much. "Anakin didn't built C- 3PO." Who cares that Anakin doesn't know 6,000,000 languages. Mabye he bought some box that like held all languages of the universe in it. I don't know. People who nitpick on every thing like that aren't star wars fans, and don't have a life.

4. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    Actually, I just read in my TPM book that anakin found all of threepio's parts in a junkyard and put them together. I like that. I relates the OT and the PT more.

5. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Listen to the Lucas DVD commentaries and you hear him pull literary allusions and classic myth motiff,

Listen to bashers and the say TPM "didnt have enough kung fu."
    My own personal decision of who is the sharpest knife in the drawer is not a difficult one.

Ok. Thats rubbish. The bashers that I have seen are extremely intelligent, articulate and passionate people. They have been fans for many years and hate to see the PT fall so short of the mark.

They understand Star Wars better than Lucas does - they know the story and the characters, Lucas is all CGI and slapstick. He is not the man that brought us the OT.

Lucas is constantly contradicting himself, confusing himself, changing his mind and flat out lying. He couldn't even be bothered to write the prequels before filming them and he cares not for actors or script.

I like to have interesting conversations with 'bashers' away from the "AnAkan is Sooo Kewl!!1!" and "this roCKs" and "who would win a fight between Vader and Maul" type nonsense that dominates these boards.

You are way off on what you think of bashers.

6. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    How about 2 reasons to love AOTC if you're a girl? Get ready to say it with me now, folks...

Hayden Christenson and Ewan McGregor.

7. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    If they're your only reasons then that'll explain why AOTC was so bad.

8. Darth_Malor

Darth_Malor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005

Ok. Thats rubbish. The bashers that I have seen are extremely intelligent, articulate and passionate people. They have been fans for many years and hate to see the PT fall so short of the mark.

They understand Star Wars better than Lucas does - they know the story and the characters, Lucas is all CGI and slapstick. He is not the man that brought us the OT.

Lucas is constantly contradicting himself, confusing himself, changing his mind and flat out lying. He couldn't even be bothered to write the prequels before filming them and he cares not for actors or script.

I like to have interesting conversations with 'bashers' away from the "AnAkan is Sooo Kewl!!1!" and "this roCKs" and "who would win a fight between Vader and Maul" type nonsense that dominates these boards.

You are way off on what you think of bashers.

Actually, I think he's right about bashers. They are fans who don't appreciate the work GL has gone through to make these films. you can't say he's a slapstick director, when I will have to come over there and slapstick your mouth shut. GL has gone through many, many challenges in making these films, and has made great accomplishments with them. I love each SW film equally. I don't point out the flaws or notice the flaws, because that would take me away from the SW fandom itself. I wouldn't be a fan if I critisised his movies so much. In turn.

ALL bashers suck.

9. MANDALORIAN

Mar 15, 1999

GL has gone through many, many challenges in making these films, and has made great accomplishments with them

What challenges are they? ILM, designers and costumers may have overcome some challenges but Lucas has all the money he needs, gets everyone else to do the work and then strolls around saying "yeah, ok, go with that one".

And the difference between you and bashers is that bashers can form their own opinions and original thoughts.

You are a Lucas lap-dog.

10. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Jeez, you guys are bitter, mean and sarcastic. Do people really need to explain WHY they like something? Is it really that important?

11. MANDALORIAN

Mar 15, 1999

Do people need to explain why they DON'T like something?

12. nknx2005

nknx2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    do people need to EXPLAIN?!?! :)

22 hours remain for me!

13. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    Hayden and Natalie are atrocious!!

14. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Bashers are intelligent people who have a right to their own opinions.

Gushers are intelligent people who have a right to their own opinions.

Both sides can have idiots.

Now shut up about it. I'm tired of the love/hate PT wars and seeing topics derailed over it.

15. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Here is a reason. You have nothing else to hate.

16. captainfrosty

captainfrosty Jedi Master star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Reason #8
    Jedispeak
    "We're trying to protect you, not start an investigation." Why are Jedi always talking like this? Jedi have gone from being just about the coolest thing I can imagine to being know-it-all jerks. Everything anyone says in presence of a Jedi they must be cautious of. If you say anything around a Jedi they'll just change it around. "Master Yoda, we're out of Pop Tarts." "Oooh? So certain are you? Always the Pop Tarts can not be found." "But I looked in the cupboard and it's empty." "Empty the cupboard is not. Absent of food it is. As 'empty' the same it is not."

Wow ... people have way too much time on their hands ...

17. nknx2005

nknx2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    oh yeah

18. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I only need two reasons: Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd.

19. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    you're either with the PT or your against the saga[face_laugh]

should I bother to point out that this is an entire thread full of people nitpicking a nitpicker's nitpicks for being too nitpicky?[face_laugh]

20. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    When I sit down and watch a Star Wars movie, I come away feeling the movie is great, all 6 of them.

If I started to nickpick the prequels, I might as well nitpick the OT, and there is a lot to nickpick about ANH. There are so many goofs it might as well be a Ed Wood movie. But I don't see the goofs and start proclaiming GL is the worst movie director ever.

You ever read "Mad" or "Cracked" magazines or "15 minute movie review"? They make fun of Star Wars (dialouge, situations, characters) but they are funny. I just don't like how chefelf presents his reasons. His stance is confrontational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.