main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2001 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Good luck ISH and GTG!

*sits back down, embarrassed by his outburst.. he straightens his bowtie*

2. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *gets up and dances on table, forgetting about martini*

THEY WON!!! SOTTOT WON!!!!!!

*sits back in seat, and hopes and prays that Ish wins Best Author*

3. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
  4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Screams again.:: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Okay, um, yeah. I'm literally trembling with excitement here. I've had such a bad day and this is just making me so happy!

Clarus, me, or GtG. Oh dear Force. I'm so intimidated. Who will the winner of BA be?

5. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Great job! Who will the Best Author award go to? *Scratches her chin*

6. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    You can't do that to my men!
    says something into comlink
    Feel the wrath of my YVK!
    a big, three legged, two chested, big droid jumps in from the New Skylight a blaster bolt made and runs at the Stormies. kicking and punching its beats the stormies tothe ground.
    Now, Mr. groundwalker, will you please tell me what you were doing with stormies, and SSD, and such in NR times? this is monitered by the NR and you could be killed for this!

OKAY that was intersting, I had to edit this 3 times. Uh, I hope I****ar wins, it his his B-Day. Good thing he didn't come in his B-day suit!

PS: boys, come back here, obviusly Fluke wants the ladies to himself. after this we'll go to the Bar...

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Oh no! Pain in...plexus! Entire upper body going numb! Can't continue...describing symptoms!

Please, ladies, let me join you! I'll buy anything you want! I'll even consider bringing back a few Rebels!

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Um...VC, I have something to tell you that you should have known by now.

I'm a girl.

9. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    In place of subjecting you to something else that I wrote, I?ll refrain and instead post a few of my favorite quotes from Starfighters of Adumar by Aaron Alliston. It is in my mind the best EU book ever written, and I?d recommend picking it up from the library even if you don?t normally read the EU. :)

They reached the street. Wedge was struck sideways by a blast of intense light; he stumbled, threw up his sleeve to block the glare. ?Sithspit! What?s that??
    ?That?s the sun, Wedge. It?s after dawn.?
    ?Well, it offends me. Turn it off.?
    ?It?s a hundred thirty, hundred forty million klicks from here.?
    ?Go up in your X-Wing and shoot it down for me.?
    ?You?re acting very strangely, chief.?

Hobbie gave him a dubious look. ?Did you say we still had plenty to do still??
    Wedge nodded.
    ?What, exactly??
    ?We?re going to try to subvert an Imperial Admiral.?
    ?Oh,? Hobbie said. ?Something easy. While you?re doing that, why don?t Wes and I smuggle aboard Agonizer and destroy her with thrown rocks??
    Wedge gave him a grin. ?With the right tools ? say, a hundred thousand Ewoks and a month to prepare ? you could probably do that. In the meantime, we have the right tools to subvert our Imperial Admiral.?
    ?What tools??
    ?Oh, Wes?s maturity, your optimism, and my diplomatic skills.?
    Hobbie buried his face in his hands. ?We?re doomed.?

?You lied to me,? Hobbie said.
    ?I did,? Wedge said. ?With my brilliant achievements in the diplomatic profession has come the realization that lies can be powerful motivators.?
    ?My faith is shattered.?
    ?You knew, when I said we needed four sets of women?s clothing, that we were going to end up in them. You knew . So any hopes you had to the contrary were just self-delusion.?
    ?I understand that. But I?d rather blame you than me.?

10. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    *pulls out blaster, sets it on Stun, and stuns Fluke and the others who keep on trying to flirt*

MAN, that was annoying.

11. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    yeah, I know. Thats why I'm glad you didn't

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Glances at Ewan.::

Shall we let him in?

Ewan: Oh, bugger it, why not?

Come on over.

13. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Man this is a tight vote here. WOW WOW WOW. And dang, it is my bed time. Argh.

14. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Umm, Ish is female...

Hey, I see a story I'm very familiar with in that list of Ish's accomplishments... But I promised I wouldn't mention it to her today. ;)

15. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Ah, no! Shot by a fellow author of the Year...Skywalkers/Solos!

'Tis hopeless! I'm goin' gay! ;) :p :D

Please, please, please detect the sarcasm.

Who do I want to win for favorite author? I'd have to say...

DarthIshtar!

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Here is the favorite scene that I have ever written so far. It's from The Other Half, Part 3: When Morning Comes.
    Once upon a lifetime, there was a boy named Anakin.

A boy with hair woven from pure gold, eyes formed from sapphires, and an easy grin, he was born to be a prince among men, but destiny formed him as a slave.

He was abused, branded, flagellated into subservience. He could not allow himself to bear himself as royalty or those he loved would be punished even more severely.

So he bore himself meekly, waiting for a time when his courage and royal bearing would save them all.

He was neither naive nor jaded, selfish nor careless with his generosity. He only knew pure emotion, that which he felt was right.

Things had never felt so right as the day when his guardian angel had first visited him. The moment he saw her, he knew he would go anywhere and do anything for her.

And he did.

That boy had been taken from his home, not by marauders in the night or by terrifying creatures, but by a knight and a damsel-in-distress, of his own free will.

And yet he had felt terrified, lost, alone. The dreams he had entertained of becoming a Jedi were replaced all too often by the nightmares of what the consequences would be.

No longer a boy, no longer naive, and no longer guarded by any angels, this Anakin looked into his only daughter's eyes at his Master's feet and knew she understood exactly how he had felt, a lifetime ago.

She was terrified, alone, but she was not lost by any stretch of the imagination.

Force-willing, the day to come would not change that.

"There is more," the Emperor said mildly, his glare fixed on Leia.

She turned from the viewport and Anakin saw the fire in her eyes, but could only sense love, compassion, and resolve coming from her.

"More," she repeated.

Her gaze flicked to him, inquiring, pleading for an explanation without having to learn it from this monster.

Anakin had nothing to offer her, not even support.

Instead, he had to stand by as the awful truth was laid out. "Your Rebel scum have staked your entire operation on the assumption that if the shield is taken down, there will be an incomplete, unarmed station primed for the killing."

Leia stiffened and Anakin felt a wave of outraged fear roll off of her.

Don't! his mind screamed, desperate for some reason to stop her from brushing the Dark Side.

Where had his priorities gone?

Put in perspective, he countered.

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station."

Leia whirled to face the viewport, perhaps driven by morbid curiosity or just to confirm that his Master was not lying.

Oh, that he were.

As the first of the graceful Mon Cal Star Cruisers disappeared in the path of the superlaser's beam, he sensed every death, but did not care. He had sensed too many to be affected by any of them.

It was the images that followed, a flash of memory.

"Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, we have decided to test this station's destructive power on your home planet of Alderaan."

"No," Leia burst out, desperate, frantic. "Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons. You can't possibly..."

Tarkin closed in, towering over her, encroaching as a slave-driver might.

"You would prefer another target? A military target? Then, name the system."

Leia had backed away, straight into Vader's grip. But she did not recoil.

Strange that she was more afraid of this arrogant son-of-a-sith than of the man who, for over a week, had driven her to within a micron of her death or madness.

"I grow tired of asking," Tarkin said in a low growl, "so this will be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?"

Leia stiffened, fear and heartache roiling off of her. Her gaze was fixed on her homeworld, but she was torn between the lesser of two evils matter.

"Dantooine," she finally whispered. "They're on Dantooine."

The most advanced interrogative

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Another excerpt from SOTTOT, winner ofBest Overall. It's a fantastic post by, of course, Jade_Angel.
    Alia felt her heart sink at Yoda?s answer. The celebrated stories of the great Jedi Master were much exaggerated. She couldn?t blame the Jedi Master of course, who could blame him? After all there?d never been quite as intriguing a case as hers. She came from the future after all; she knew what was going to happen.

?So you can?t help me?? she asked, the girl scowled. ?Some help you guys are.?

?What would you expect us to do?? Mace Windu asked. ?We are Jedi, followers of the Force, we hear its call we do its bidding, we can?t just wave our hands and instantly send you to your time. The Force is vast, but we Jedi are limited.?

?Strong in the Force are we,? Yoda said with nod of agreement. ?But not that strong, the future has been put into motion. Your father maybe no more.?

Alia?s head came up. ?No! Papa has to be alive! I won?t be around anymore if he isn?t!?

A universe without his father seemed bleak and disturbing. In this generation, there was Anakin, then there was his father? and soon it would be her? The shining light of the Skywalkers passed down with each generation. She needed to return home, the longer she stayed here the more she was changing the future.

?Your existence here is the will of the Force,? Ki-Adi replied. ?Let your feelings guide you? the future must be changed if it sent you here.?

Alia thought back to the time when she?d been sent back here, it was strange, but it felt as if something, like a gentle hand, yet firm at the same time was pulling her here, guiding her until she reached Naboo. Everything else after that was just a blur. What would the Force want her the change in the future?

?For now, we need to speak with young Anakin and Qui-Gon, we?ve made our decision,? Mace Windu said. ?You may stay and watch if you wish.?

Alia nodded and stepped back towards the doorway, it was only moments later when Anakin, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stepped in. Alia watched Anakin intensely, but he was avoiding her gaze, the faintest hint of a shadow on his face. Alia found that strangely startling and disturbing at the same time. It seemed as if that shadow belonged on his face.

The shadow of anger? it was of the darkside. Alia stared at him and remembering all of the stories her father had told her of Grandpa, the heroic Jedi who was evil for a while and became good again. Papa always did seem sad whenever he spoke of her grandfather, of Anakin?s death. It hurt her to always see Papa in such a sad mood. What if? she changed that future? Let Papa and Grandpa be together, to never let Anakin fall to the darkside. Alia shook her head and brushed the wild thoughts away. Yet? it was persistent and nagged at her.

?Mind your feelings girl, see through you we do,? Yoda said stabbing a finger in her direction. ?You dream of greatness? adventure, excitement. You truly need more training.?

Alia felt her cheeks grow red, sometimes she just hated the Jedi?s ability to read minds. Especially when it involved her parents. Her mind wandered over towards her parents as Obi-Wan joined her and Anakin once again became the center of attention.

?What do you think?? Obi-Wan spoke up just loud enough for her to hear.

?Huh?? Alia asked.

?What do you think about Anakin?? Obi-Wan asked he glanced over towards the boy, ?I sense? danger around him. A dark aura, can?t you see it? That aura? it?s like a shadow following him, a darker destiny trying to wrap its claws around him. Every time I?m around that boy, I hear strange noises, like someone breathing through a respirator.?

Obi-Wan?s comment made Alia shiver, the respirator, she remembered hearing Darth Vader speaking on a holo-recording before. She noticed Obi-Wan?s scrutinizing gaze and immediately crushed her fear as her father had taught her. ?You?re just hearing things,? was her flippant remark. ?I believe you should have your ears checked Obi-Wan, it?s a sad thing when Padawa

18. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Mariah comes into the awards show late as usual, her long dark hair pulled attractivly up and accented with one diamond snowflake. Her midnight blue velvet dress plunges dramatically at the neck line but never reveals too much. She searches for the winners table and offers her congratulations to all. Hi Di-Lee, I'm so glad you won. Nice job cleaning up Herman. :) She turns her head looking for Gandolf to appear with the final award.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, you're making me blush, Fluke. And a fellow TTEOAS author, don't forget. And my mantra is "Kill those who please you too much to live." So you should be honored that I shot you.

20. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!

The fearsome five: JA, LadyK, Darth Ish, Ami and AQ strikes again!!!

The people most REALLy love Alia, she's like... all five us combined only... more cuddly. :p

[image=http://a9.cpimg.com/image/E1/07/6975969-6d56-02000180-.jpg]

And so there's the redone cover for SOTTOT and I think it's rather obvious who's Alia in the pic. :D

21. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    AH!!! We won again! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

fans self Oh... goodness... I think... I think...I need something to drink.

runs over to bar, grabs glass of champane, burbon, and scotch.

Okay... I'm ready to hear who BA.

sits down and patiently bites nails. :D

EDIT: JA!!! YOUR HERE! *hugs* Awesome knew cover!!! Stands up and pulls JA with her. And this everybody is our cover designer. How about a round of applause. :)

Okay I'm done. Scrambles back to seat. :D

22. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Oh, Ish! That was a good post :D

And yes, Fluke, my friend, I stunned you. But don't worry, you're not dead ;)

Speaking of A Year With The Skywalker/Solos...

Maybe that will get nominated next year! :D

23. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It is time.

[The lights throughout the thread go out one by one and the Imperial March begins to play softly. Finally, only three spotlights remain. One shines upon Clarus, one upon myself, and one upon DarthIshtar]

[Gandolf?s normally cheerful face takes on a demonic light]

There can only be one Best Author. As I said earlier, the race was close, and there is no shame in finishing second best.

[Gandolf raises his left hand, and Clarus? spotlight fades out. The only remaining lights in the auditorium shine upon Gandolf and Ishtar. The music reaches its crescendo. Gandolf raises his right hand, and one of the two remaining spotlights fades out.]

[The Star Wars Main Theme plays triumphantly as DarthIshtar is left the only illuminated person in the thread.]

Congratulations, DarthIshtar, and Happy Birthday! You have been voted the Best Author on the JC Fanfiction Board for 2001!

It?s been a pleasure, folks. :p

Once again, I'd like to thank Padawan Di-Lee for all her help, with just about every aspect of this thing. :)

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I hope my stories? are nominated next year.

EDIT: Yea! Go Ishtar! Post-show party at my house! Yea!

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    CONGRATULATIONS, ISH!!!!!!

*huge hugs*

Happy birthday to the best author of the year!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.