main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC 2004 Busch Gardens Trip (2nd Annual)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Financial and time issues are a bit too much, but I will see you all at the DVD party! :D

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    We're doing Friday-Sunday as well. It's just easier that way.

As for the plan, we should set one meet time for around when the park opens (10am) and another a little later (like noonish) somewhere inside. That way the group isn't stuck waiting for the latecomers in the AM. :p We should probably get together a cell phone list, too.

3. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    What do you all say to 10am in the front of the ticket booths (there are a number of entrances so it can get confusing, but I think the ticket booths might be easiest) and at noon infront of the festhaus oktoberfestland? That way we can have a "liquid" and one of our famous photos in honor of Oktoberfest, LOL.

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, I'm probably not going to be going after all, kids. Ken's not getting out of the hospital until at least Wednesday, and that's only if what they do to him today works out. I suppose there's a remote chance I'll decide to go at the last minute, but as of right now, don't count on me.

If you guys want my coupons, you're welcome to them. Someone just has to come get them at some point, and if you let me know, I can at least leave them on my stoop or something if I'm at the hospital.

5. Velvetdragon

Feb 15, 2004
    I think I'm going to have to bow out as well. I've had a pinched nerve in my neck and its been killing me for the last week. Plus I'm just not feeling well...so getting a rollercoaster might not be a good idea. I'm sorry I'll be missing the fun.

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow, everyone's dropping like flies! Sorry to hear that you guys won't be able to come (and especially the reasons why).

Ok, so who is actually going now?

7. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Me and Sarah.

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well, right. I knew that already... I was moreso asking people who are NOT driving with me.

9. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Just making sure you knew we were stealing the back of your car and bumming teh ride with you. HEH.

10. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll be there. :) not for the weekend though, just for the day.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok... so it's:

Me + 3
    Liz + 1

Oh, and Mace.

Anyone else???

12. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Guess not. :(

Well, if anyone does go... My minions and I will be at the front gate at opening. If you miss us there, we'll be out in front of the Festhaus at noon. If you want to exchange cell numbers, let me know!

13. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    oooh am I not one of your minions this time? :D

Billy and I will see you there, Val, at 10! :)

14. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Sweet. I'm a minion.

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Wah! I wish I could go! Have fun - say hi to the clowns!

16. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm afraid I'll be missing out on the fun Saturday as well. I got called in for an audition for a show, and the director of a scene I'm doing at Studio Theater had to re-cast a part and needs us to rehearse tomorrow (before he goes out of town) to break in the replacement actor. Wish I could be there.

Oh well, we'll have to wait until Nov. 6th to get us all under one roof again.

Have fun guys!!

17. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I think Heather and I were the only GSers there yesterday, at least I think she was going to show up. I didn't actually see her. Val didn't make it because she sprained her ankle. :( Anyway, Billy and I rode all of the roller coasters except for Alpengeist because the wait was over an hour! :( We left BG around 6 because it was getting cold and we were tired of standing in line for the rides. :p But we had a good time except for all the people!

and since most of you backed out, I quit! :p

;)

18. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Ahem.

Friday: Getting ready to go pick up Sarah and Brian from the airport, Valerie sprains her ankle. We're late to the airport - we pick up Brian and Sarah. Head straight to Williamsburg, hit traffic. Get rear-ended, by someone who was rear-ended behind us - and the guy who caused it all LEFT THE SCENE. --- We get to the hotel at 4am.

Saturday: Valerie and Brian stay in the hotel all day and watch TV and play video games, Sarah and I plan to go to BG -- due to the accident, the car's trunk won't close -- Sarah has to ride in the trunk and hold it down, while we go to the store and get duct tape. We tape the trunk and her and I don't get into the actual park until 5:30. Sarah loses her phone on the Loch Ness Monster.

Sunday: We call BG in the morning, they have found Sarah's phone... we head out, on the road for awhile... WE GET A FLAT TIRE. Ended up leaving the hotel at 10am... due to all the crap that happened with the tire, and the spare being stupid we didn't get home until 4pm.

But, Sarah did introduce me to a new band. And we were all extremely positive, even through all the crap... I tip my hat to Valerie for being so patient.

And I'm so glad I can go to sleep now.

19. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Okay, I'm sure I'll get edited by The Powers The Be for saying this, but it sounds like the 2004 BG trip goes down (through nobody's fault) as the Official GS Cluster F.

And we all thought Clusters A-E were bad. :)

20. Velvetdragon

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm so sorry that all that bad luck happened to you. God I would be so pissed off. I hope that you get the car issue resolved and that Val's ankle feels better soon. I'm sure soon you'll look back and laugh about it. Bah. Maybe next outing will have better luck.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Man, that sucks you guys!! The trip was cursed. Clearly, Star Trek fans have gotten a GS voodoo doll or something.

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I think Stallion summed it up nicely. Seems like just about everyone got screwed up in some way...

Hopefully that chunk of bad luck is over.

23. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey Valerie, be happy - you were there for the creation of the coolest band in the world. Watch for their hit singles, "Necronomicoat" & "Please Angst in This Cup For Me" ...!

Awww yeah!

24. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm moreso looking forward to D.T.E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.