main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2Lightsabers vs. 1 Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Master_Jedi_David, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    "Especially newbies like Emperor Billy Bob."

nEWbE? NewbE you sey? Kust check teh reg. dates bey!

Ok, only a newbie to fanfilms. I have been around these boards next to forever.

2. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Hehehehe.

"I bow to yuor wisdom, Master"

Now THAT'S what I like to hear. However, you're still learning. Notice your grammatical error in that simple statement of humility.

3. Quin-Dara-Ken

Quin-Dara-Ken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Primrodo.
    If you feel that you're disappointed because we "flamed" your idea, then fine... Be a baby. Lord knows how many people get flamed here daily. But guess what, we are also stating our own opinions, if they are not to your liking, tough! Deal with it. You may not like a 2 on 1 saber fight, but some of us do, and whats most important. The director, writter and creator of that fan film wants to. I like the idea that at least he has the decency to ask OUR (the current Fanfilm audience) opinion. When quite honestly, he DOESN'T have to. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but I too am tired of hearing "Oh, the double bladed saber battles are too old already" now when AOTC just came out and it hasn't even been a year I'm hearing "Oh that's too AOTC old" so what? I don't care, a lot of people in this forum don't care, it's what you do with it that makes it special and unique.

4. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    (if you want to get technical, AQOF had it before TBX did, but it was mainly two-on-two, whereas COTS had an extended 2-on-1

Are you guys making a pr0n?

;)

5. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    "If you feel that you're disappointed because we "flamed" your idea, then fine... Be a baby.[/i']"

Careful, I may decide to nuke all of you and be done with it all.

Now why can't we all just get along? Stay on subject? If you wanna flame someone, PM them, and have your own little PM essin' war. We don't wanna see crap like that.

6. Quin-Dara-Ken

Jun 22, 2002
    for the record, I wasn't flaming anybody, I was just stating my opinion on the subject, that yes I'd like to see a 2 on 1 saber fight, but Primrodo took it upon himself to accuse us of flaming him because we had our own opinions. He said that only so he could stand his ground and say that his ideas are better than ours. But that's just my OPINION anyways (completely different to flaming)

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Um, I was flamed, and I am not upset. Comyn saw that and let peace...don't bring this up.

And yeah, my spelling has degraded with teh advent of the computer chat. :)

For reference I am doing a two saber scene, won't spoil it much. I know what I am doing, some don't. I wouldn't persoanlly make a fan film with something that tough cause it "looks" cool.

Anyway, ever see DragonHeart? Bowen used two sords in one scene, you should check that out.

Also think tornado when you are doing this. Its a technique tha tif you can stage it well would look great. Try with both upright and one pointed down :)

-Justin

8. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Two sabers against one... I'd welcome it if it were exciting. I'd really like to see someone fight with their saber turned upside-down. And about two sabers against one turning the odds in the favor of the person with two... that's one more blade to have to concentrate about, I don't think it'd be THAT much of an advantage. The person using one saber would have much more control and power over his one saber. So, I'd be willing to say it'd be a slight advantage. Just my two cents.

9. Quin-Dara-Ken

Jun 22, 2002
    **applauds to Master Byrd** Very well thought out Master, I would'nt have thought of that before, once again, I'm like many who think "more is better" and I forget that that's not always the case. But still, wouldn't the Jedi being who they are (Jedi) or even sith lords, be taught how to handle 2 sabers in case they needed an advantage?

10. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    The Celts believed a warrior that learned to fight with one hand was half a warrior. A waarior should be able to utilize his whole body as a weapon.

In earlier times war was an artform and you weren't in trenches, but in the middle of a group of others and HAD to survive, and HAD to learn to survive... :)

11. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Sure, the one with one sabre might have more control. But the one with two sabres would eventually dominate. Being that he has two sabres.

I got an idea! How about we choose sides, and then go at it with a bunch of wooden dowels and PVC pipe, ghetto style! Whaddaya say?

12. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    :Agrees with Master Comyn:

This makes me wonder why, when having two sabers was such an advantage, that all Jedi or Sith didn't carry two. Perhaps it was considered too flashy or ungentlemanly. Perhaps the Jedi just never expected to be in a desperate position, and didn't bother to make a second saber.

13. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Or perhaps Lucas doesn't really care about thinking that much into it. :D

14. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Bet you a million dollars that if 2 swords made a car go faster he would care.

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Actually a Jedi was using two in the Arena, apparently...

16. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah! The dude with the long hair! I saw him in the documentary Good to G O. He was twirling those two sabres really fast-like. It was so awesome that I grabbed my two props and started going at it.

Let's see, I put a nasty dent in the coffee table. chipped part of the ceiling fan, gave my shins numerous bruises, came this *squishes fingers together* close to inadvertently mutilating my cat, and gave myself a mild concussion.

Yes, Michael. There is a spoon.

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    LOL!

I did it outside...thoughif you saw the ceiling...dang low thing!

:)

18. Sethesh

Sethesh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    As someone who knows Comyn in that "other" exsistance, I can confirm that: yes, he is a menace to both the living and the dead when it comes to any twirling. Countless patrons of a local grocery store in which he is employed have been "conked" by a renagade conveyer belt divider which was accidently propelled from his hands.

19. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    You think two sabers are dangerous....
    Try chaining the hilts together to make saber-chucks.

they look cool when the effects are done, but they do cause a bit a mayhem on the set.

Have fun.

20. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Sethesh: You failed to mentioned that out of all the times I've nailed my fellow employees, I've never hit a customer. Came close, yes, but never actually hit one.

Course, there was one time I came a little too close. Luckily the manager's weren't around, or I would've been fired. I was twirling a divider and it flew off (unexpectedly, of course) and shot straight inbetween the legs of this old woman. I don't think she really noticed, but it was definently one of my more lucky moments.

21. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    O.O

Where do you work???? Boy...would like to avoid there.... :D

22. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Just want to direct everyone's attention to this beautiful find, thanks to our beloved PNick! Click on the Video Gallery to see what I mean!

And here's a demonstration of two sabres from that site: clickie.

23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    BANG!

*Jaw hits desk really hard*

Ow!

WOWOWOW!

Now that, THATS goooolden!

Can y'all do that?

24. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    God! you got to that link just a few hours before I did Hrumph the wind has left my sails :(

I wanted to show these guys what people who are trained with two sabers can do.

25. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Tryin' to show us up or something? 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.