main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***2nd Collector's Guild Meeting!!!***

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by bwing53, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hey there everyone! I volunteered to host this thing at the last meeting, and now I'm making good on that promise. The meeting will be Sunday, October 20th, at 12:00 p.m. I'm estimating that our apartment can hold up to 10 people comfortably, maybe 12. Anyone interested (including non-collectors that just want to yuk it up with us) should pm or email me no later than 10/14, let's say. THE PACKERS DO NOT PLAY UNTIL 3:15! The meeting (and possibly subsequent shopping trips) may be over by then, but if not, we can morph into a Star Wars/Packer meeting/party quite easily.

I live right off of Lisbon Ave. on 70th st. Its quite easy to find, but feel free to ask for directions when contacting me. I know its early, so there's no rush on this yet--just let me know as we get a little closer. I hope we can get a good turnout for meeting #2, and I look forward to seeing you here!

Jason
    gopolish@yahoo.com

2. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm there...Packers and Star Wars, can't pass that up.

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Marcy and I'll be there. She's on call that weekend, as it seems she is every weekend, but if she takes care of that in the morning, we should be fine for the rest of the day.

Dwayne

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Count me in. :)

5. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'd like to place a reservation. But, if this meeting gets too big, I'll bow out so a "real" collector can go. I would consider myself a moderate to low collector, so it's not imperative I be there. Just let me know!
    BTW -- Is there anything I can bring? Chips, soda, whatever?

Catie

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll probably try to make it as well.

Jeff

7. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Sy,

Once you start down the collectors path, forever will it dominate your destiny. :)

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    That's what the pink-wigged lady at Gen Con told me about swords. :(

9. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Like I said before, everyone's welcome. Don't worry about who is or isn't a collector--its really just an opportunity to get together and maybe "talk shop" on a few different collecting angles. Oh, and to eat, too. I can provide beverages and some snacks, but any additional snacks are welcome, of course. I should probably start some kind of official list on that or something. If you want to bring a bag of chips, Catie, that would be great. Anyway, there's plenty of time to go until then, so I won't worry about a final headcount/snacks-count until we get a little closer. As it is now, I think we've got 7 people coming, so I can probably get 3 or 4 more people in here (comfortably).

Jason

10. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I have to tell you Outlander, I am willing to take that risk. I understand the situation I am getting myself into, and clear mindedly am taking the first step. So please, be gentle. It's my first time.

Hey Tom, does Narsil have a playmate yet? They are addicting!! The pink lady was right.

And I'll be happy to bring whatever you need, Bwing. I seem to have a pension for toting Sprecher Root Beer and Riesen's chocolate chews. I'm not sure why I thought they would go well together, but for some reason, they do.

Catie

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No playmate yet, Catie. I blew a couple swords worth of credit on a new digital camera. Although, as I've said in the past, Glamdring looks very tempting. Supposedly there's going to be a letter opener scale version released at some point. That might be enough to satiate me. I'm also tempted by that Irish hand-and-a-half sword I found that looks so similar to Narsil.

12. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I'll try to make it also,(more so I can talk to Maureen 'bout Irish stuff :) )

13. Jedi_Wookiee

Jedi_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    This will be my first time meeting the group, I can't wait. Isn't that a funny expression? Like I actually cannot wait, yeah I'll be there today and just wait for everyone. :) I will bring some kind of munchies to pass around.

Jon

14. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    OK guys--I'm going to put the final head count together and give you guys some directions--just give me a day or two. This could actually be one of our last months here, as I came home today to the news that our landlord (who lives downstairs) just bought a new house, and is selling this one. This puts us in the unique position of not knowing where we're going to be living soon (wink, wink, Tracey--I'm really starting to sympathize with you, and in a hurry) if the new owner want us out or jacks the rent up. We were considering buying a house after the new year, but the situation may have to be, well, expedited (for lack of better word) if the aforementioned situation arises. But I digress. The party is still on, and I'll get on the ball here pretty soon. More info to come!

Jason

15. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Jason!! Well, hopefully you'll have the luck that my friend had when the duplex she lives in was sold, everything stayed the same, just a new owner. No rent change, no having to move out, just a different person living below. Must be nice. Hope you guys have that good fortune as well. :)

16. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Thanks, Tracey! I needed to hear/see something like that.

Now, for the somewhat-official head count, and anyone correct me if I missed anyone or if you can't make it (post here or pm me, either way is fine):

Catie, Christine, Jeff, Jason (Outlander), Tom, Dwayne & Marcy, Jason (Tello), Dan, Tracey (maybe), and a NEWBIE, Jon (Jedi_Wookie). Did I miss anyone? We should be able to all cram in here--if two or three people don't mind the floor or folding chairs. As far as food & drinks go, I'll have beer and Diet Pepsi (I'm never out of that), and probably a couple bags of chips and what not. If you guys want to bring stuff to share, that would be outstanding. It's safe to say that we're all good eaters, based on what I saw at Tracey's house. Like I mentioned earlier, anyone who wants to hang out until the Packer game comes on (3:15) is more than welcome to stay. I suppose if we get real-food hungry we could just go out for or order some pizza (I'm five blocks from Mama's on Burleigh--pretty good pizza there) or something. I'd like nothing better than to grill for you guys, but I don't know what's going on with the house being for sale and all that. I promise I shall cook for all at some point in the near future. Hold me to it.

As far as location, I'm on 70th and Lisbon--right by the large cemetary, Mother of Good Counsel School/church, and the Lisbon Sentry. For those of you not familiar with the area, I can give you directions from anywhere--just let me know. If you're using Mapquest or some such, the address is: 3011A N. 70th St. (Milwaukee) 53210.

So that's it--hope to see you all here!

Jason

17. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow Jason. Pretty brave putting your address out here for all to see. I'm just too paranoid.

I can bring taco dip. That seemed to go over well at Tracey's. Anything else? Some desert, perhaps? I make relatively good chocolate chip cookies.

Catie

18. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Hell, just the taco dip is fine--let someone else share in the work (the taco dip WAS "tha bomb", as they say in the next neighborhood just to the east of me). As far as my address goes, we ain't staying here much longer, and I have taken certain 12-gauge precautions against the crazies. That having been said, i guess you're my first RSVP, Catie!

Jason

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Dwayne and I will bring something, no idea what yet but something~!

21. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Hey all--

So far, I've got Catie, Dwayne, and Marcy down for sure this Sunday. If you plan on coming, please either post here or pm me so I know how much stuff to pick up.

On a side-note, the "for sale" sign is up in front of the house here, and my wife and I aren't sure if the landlord is planning an open house that day or not. Regardless of the circumstances, we are moving on as planned. Worst case scenario is that we head over to a local bar/restaraunt shortly after everyone gets here. I'm hoping to avoid that kind of nonsense, however.

See you all soon!

Jason

22. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey Jason!
    I'll have to let you know probably closer to Sun. than sooner. Might be coming a little later though if that's ok.

I know how that frickin' open house crap goes. Since we are still at my mom's(just a day or 2 more)we have people making appts. to see the house and guess who gets saddled with making sure everything is clean? My mom? OH NO, not her, never her even though its her house and SHE'S the one selling it, no, I get to do all the cleaning because I'm the one with the kids!! Anyway, I'll let you know if we/I can make it on Sun. later this week.

23. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll be there too, Jason.

Jeff

24. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I think you missed me, Jason. :) I'm coming.

25. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Well, sure I missed you Christine--but it's just a given that you'll be here!

I'm looking forward to this, guys! I think we have a full plate of stuff to talk about, and if not, well, we can just toss down a few. . . umm. . .snacks.

Later!

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.