main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO "6 DEGREES of STAR WARS" Episode IV: A New Game

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Feb 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    JediJeff -I'd give you a big fat *tongue sticking out of mouth*, but there are no smilies, so I'll just have to deal with :p, which really doesn't have the same effect.
    You just wait *glares*
    I know I won't win, but do you have to be so darn fast?

JediGemini~~just call me J-Gem. ;)

2. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    the only reason i don't post here with answers is i'm to lazy to look up them.

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Lazy is as lazy does.

No prizes for you!

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, it looks like everyone got so much cool Star Wars stuff for Christmas that the appetite for it has been sated. Wish mine was. I'd love to keep this stuff for myself. Hmmmm.... maybe I should play! J/K.

But, one reminder for possible strategy:
    You don't have to have such nice short links as everyone has been having. You get a point for being the first to post a solution for any actor pair, so even if it takes you all 6 "degrees" it's worth posting.

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I've decided to throw my hat into the ring and give this a try. In no paticular order...

I don't think this will count, but I _had_ to meantion it:
    Bruce Willis with Samuel L. Jackson in Die Hard 3

Bruce Willis was in Die Hard 3 with Jeremy Iron was was in Lion King with James Earl Jones.
    Bruce Wills was with Christopher Walken in Last Man Standing who was in Sleepy Hollow with Ray Park.
    Clint Eastwood was in Space Cowboys with Tommy Lee Jones who was in Double Jeopordy with Ashely Judd who was in Where the Heart Is with Natalie Portman.
    Clint Eastwood was in Unforgiven with Gene Hackman who was in the Birdcage with Robin Williams who was in Father's Day with Billy Crystal who was in When Harry Met Sally with Carrie Fisher. (Carrie's rule! :) )
    Tim Curry was in the Muppet's Treasure Island with Frank Oz.
    Tim Curry was in Rocky Horror Picture show with Susan Sarandon who was in Blue Sky with Tommy Lee Jones who was in the Fugitive with Harrison Ford.
    Tim Curry was in Rocky Horror Picture show with Susan Sarandon who was with Natalie Portman in Anywhere But Here.
    Emma Thomspson was in Remains of the Day with Anthony Hopkins who was in Zorro with Cathrine Zeta-Jones whoe was in Blue Juice with Ewan McGregor.
    Michael Douglas was in Traffic with Catherine Zeta-Jones who was in Blue Juice with Ewan McGregor.
    Kathy Bates was in Diablique with Sharon Stone who was in Basic Instinct with Michael Douglas who was in Traffic with Catherine Zeta-Jones who was in Blue Juice with Ewan McGregor.
    Sally Field was in Forest Gump with Tom Hanks who was with Carrie Fisher in the 'Burbs.

Phew...That's it...for now :p

6. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    And a new contestant enters the arena, and without warning, springs ahead of all but one of the competition!!

OK, scores are:

JediJeff13 - 28
    JediAutobot - 11
    MosEisleianRadio - 9
    JediGemini - 5

Um... Gemini, I suggest that the 'other twin' start posting some solutions! Ha. I crack myself up.

Uh-oh, I almost forgot to post the new actors for today.
    They are:
    Whoopi Goldberg, Holly Hunter, and Angelina Jolie

Good luck! and
    May the Force be with you.

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hmmmm.....

Whoopi Goldberg was in Lion King, The (1994) with James Earl Jones.

Whoopi Goldberg was in Color Purple, The (1985) with Dana Ivey. Dana Ivey was in Walking Across Egypt (2000) with Mark Hamill.

Whoopi Goldberg was in Color Purple, The (1985) with Rae Dawn Chong. Rae Dawn Chong was in Visit, The (2000/I) with Billy Dee Williams.

Holly Hunter was in Raising Arizona (1987) with M. Emmet Walsh. M. Emmet Walsh was in Random Hearts (1999) with Harrison Ford.

Holly Hunter was in Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her (2000) with Cameron Diaz.
    Cameron Diaz was in Gangs of New York (2001) with Liam Neeson.

Holly Hunter was in Life Less Ordinary, A (1997) with Ewan McGregor.

Angelina Jolie was in Love Is All There Is (1996) with Renee Taylor. Renee Taylor was in Lovesick (1983) with Alec Guinness.

Angelina Jolie was in Love Is All There Is (1996) with Joy Behar. Joy Behar was in This Is My Life (1992) with Carrie Fisher.

Angelina Jolie was in Foxfire (1996) with John Diehl. John Diehl was in Anywhere But Here (1999) with Natalie Portman.

Shall I continue? :)

8. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    OK, today's names are:

Richard Pryor AND Molly Ringwald.

The last day to post solutions will be Wed the 28th of FEBRUARY. On this Wednesday (the 21st) I will post a list of all the actors names I've posed to you thus far and the SW actors they have been linked to. This is in an effort to aid you in posting more solutions for any of those actors.

I will hopefully update that list on Friday and next Monday when I post the last 5 names.

Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah, and I have decided that EVERYONE will get something! There will be some kind of SW related consolation prize(s) given to anyone who earns any points at all. But I don't know what that stuff's gonna be yet.

9. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Ok, here's my goofy one that probably won't count for today...

Tim Curry was in Muppet Treasure Island with Kermit the Frog, who was in Muppet Christmas Carol with Michael Cain who was in Hannah and Her Sisters with Carrie Fisher

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Now for a serious relpy :)

Richard Pyror was in The Bingo Long Travelling All-Stars & Motor Kings with Billy Dee Williams.
    Richard Pyror was in The Bingo Long Travelling All-Stars & Motor Kings with James Earl Jones.
    Richard Pyror was in The Bingo Long Travelling All-Stars & Motor Kings with James Earl Jones who was in Clear and Present Danger with Harrison Ford.
    Richard Pyror was in the Toy with Jackie Gleason who was in Smokey and the Bandit with Sally Field who was in Forest Gump with Tom Hanks who was in Joe Vs the Volcano with Meg Ryan who was in When Harry Met Sally with Carrie Fisher.

Molly Ringwald was in Breakfast Club with Emilio Estevez who was in Loaded Weapon I with Samuel L. Jackson.

Whew!

11. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Autobot, if you find out who did the voice for Kermit in those, and if it was the same person for both, I'll give you a score for that.

12. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Steve Whitmire was the voice of Kermit in both Muppet TI and Muppet CC.
    TaDa!

13. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Okay, I'm hitting an old one, that may have been linked, but I hope not. :)

Cathrine Zeta-Jones was in Zorro with Antonio Banderas who was in the 13th Warrior with Omar Sharif who was in Top Secret with Peter Cushing.
    Cathrine Zeta-Jones was in Zorro with Antonio Banderas who was in the 13th Warrior with Omar Sharif who was in Lawerence of Arabia with Sir Alec Guiness.

14. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    First movies, then television:

Richard Pryor was in Stir Crazy (1980) with Jim Henry. Jim Henry was in Where the Heart Is (2000) with Natalie Portman.

Richard Pryor was in See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989) with Louis Giambalvo. Louis Giambalvo was in Gun Shy (2000) with Liam Neeson.

Richard Pryor was in Brewster's Millions (1985) with Pat Hingle. Pat Hingle was in Shaft (2000) with Samuel L. Jackson.

Richard Pryor was in Young Lawyers, The (1969) (TV) with Zalman King. Zalman King was in Intruders, The (1970) (TV) with Harrison Ford.

Richard Pryor was in Young Lawyers, The (1969) (TV) with Barry Atwater. Barry Atwater was in "General Hospital" (1963) with Mark Hamill.

Richard Pryor was in Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever (1983) (TV) with Billy Dee Williams.

Via movies:
    Molly Ringwald was in Cut (2000) with Kylie Minogue. Kylie Minogue was in Moulin Rouge (2001) with Ewan McGregor.

Molly Ringwald was in Strike It Rich (1990) with Max Wall. Max Wall was in Jabberwocky (1977) with David Prowse.

Molly Ringwald was in Baja (1995) with Lance Henriksen. Lance Henriksen was in Scream 3 (2000) with Carrie Fisher.

Via the boob tube:
    Molly Ringwald was in Women and Men: Stories of Seduction (1990) (TV) with Elizabeth McGovern. Elizabeth McGovern was in Tales from Hollywood (1992) (TV) with Alec Guinness.

Molly Ringwald was in Women and Men: Stories of Seduction (1990) (TV) with Beau Bridges. Beau Bridges was in Second Civil War, The (1997) (TV) with James Earl Jones.

Molly Ringwald was in Something to Live For: The Alison Gertz Story (1992) (TV) with Perry King. Perry King was in Helen Keller: The Miracle Continues (1984) (TV) with Peter Cushing.

15. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Emma Thompson was in Sense and Sensiblity with Alan Rickman who was in Dogma with Kevin Smith who is in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back with Mark Hamill!

16. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    That helpful thing I was gonna post today? It'll be tomorrow. Sorry about that folks. I didn't go to work today, and all my game stats are there.

17. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Okey dokey, heeerz whar we stand:

Um... Autobot, Emma was already linked to Mark Hamill, and in only 2 steps, so no pt there.
    JJ, Richard Pryor was already linked to Billy and to Harrison, and you didn't do it in fewer links, so no pts for those.

Current scores are:
    JediJeff13 47 pts
    JediAutobot 19 pts
    Mos Eisleian Radio 9 pts
    JediGemini 5 pts

It may be difficult to oust JJ from 1st place, but it should NOT be too difficult to get in the prizes.

18. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Ok, here's the help that I promised. I will NOT be updating this tomorrow, but keep an eye out, b/c you never know when I might feel helpful between now and the end of the game.

The following are the links that have ALREADY BEEN SUBMITTED. You can either try to post a shorter link (but you'll have to find the original to know how long it was) or link to a DIFFERENT SW actor.

Good luck, and May the Force Be With You!

ALAN ALDA has been linked to Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson.

KATHY BATES has been linked to Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman.

TIM CURRY has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan McGregor, Frank Oz and Natalie Portman.

BRUCE WILLIS has been linked to Pernilla August, Brian Blessed, Peter Cushing, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Alec Guiness, Mark Hamill, Samuel L. Jackson, James Earl Jones, Ian McDiarmid, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Ray Park, Natalie Portman, David Prowse, Terrance Stamp, and Billy Dee Williams.

CATHERINE ZETA-JONES has been linked to Paul Brooke, Peter Cushing, Harrison Ford, Alec Guiness, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Billy Dee Williams.

MICHAEL DOUGLAS has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Samuel L. Jackson, and Ewan McGregor.

CLINT EASTWOOD has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Natalie Portman.

SALLY FIELD has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Alec Guiness, Mark Hamill, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman.

CHARLIE SHEEN has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson.

EMMA THOMPSON has been linked to Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, Ewan McGregor and Billy Dee Williams.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG has been linked to Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones and Billy Dee Williams.

HOLLY HUNTER has been linked to Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson.

ANGELINA JOLIE has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Alec Guiness and Natalie Portman.

RICHARD PRYOR has been linked to Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Samuel L. Jackson, James Earl Jones, Liam Nesson, Natalie Portman, and Billy Dee Williams.

MOLLY RINGWALD has been linked to Peter Cushing, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guiness, Samuel L. Jackson, James Earl Jones, Ewan McGregor, and David Prowse.

19. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Kathy Bates was in Fried Green Tomatoes with Jessica Tandy who was in Driving Miss Daisy with Morgan Friedman who was in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner who was in Field of Dreams with James Earl Jones.

Kathy Bates was in Fried Green Tomatoes with Jessica Tandy who was in Driving Miss Daisy with Morgan Friedman who was in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Alan Rickman who was in Dogma with Kevin Smith who was in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back with Mark Hamil.

20. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, fine--------->

Richard Pryor was in Muppet Movie, The (1979) with Frank Oz.

Richard Pryor was in Toy, The (1982) with Wilfrid Hyde-White. Wilfrid Hyde-White was in Touch of the Sun, A (1979) with Peter Cushing.

Point me back!!!!!

21. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    ALAN ALDA was in The Glass House (1972) with Billy Dee Williams

KATHY BATES was in Primary Colors (1998) with James Earl Jones

TIM CURRY was in Muppet Treasure Island (1996) with Frank Oz

BRUCE WILLIS was in The Fifth Element (1997) with Ian Holm, who was in Brazil (1985) with Jack Purvis

MICHAEL DOUGLAS was in Shining Though (1992) with Liam Neeson

CLINT EASTWOOD was in Les Cent et une nuits (1995) with Harrison Ford

SALLY FIELD was in Soapdish (1991) with Carrie Fisher

CHARLIE SHEEN was in Loaded Weapon 1 (1993) with Samuel L. Jackson

Emma Thompson was in Much Ado About Nothing (1993) with Brian Blessed

Whoopi Goldberg was in Loaded Weapon 1 (1993) with Samuel L. Jackson

Holly Hunter was in Piano, The (1993) with Harvey Keitel who was in Taking Sides (2001) with Garrick Hagon

Angelina Jolie was in Tomb Raider (2001) with Julian Rhind-Tutt who was in Miserables, Les (1998) with Liam Neeson

Richard Pryor was in Stir Crazy (1980) with Barry Corbin who was in Race to Space (2000) with Jake (I) Lloyd

Molly Ringwald was in Pick-up Artist, The (1987) with Harvey Keitel who was in Taking Sides (2001) with Garrick Hagon

Sorry, I was rather bored this afternoon...

22. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    In catching up on this topic, I wondered if anyone would note the Emma Thompson/Brian Blessed one-shot. They were both in HENRY V as well... :)

This, of course, links anyone who appeared in Kenneth Branagh's version of Hamlet to the Star Wars saga in just two steps. (X to Branagh, Branagh to Blessed)

I'm not playing, I just felt like passing that info along. :D

Thom

23. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    One shots---->

Tim Curry was in The Hunt for Red October(1990) with James Earl Jones.

Michael Douglas was in Where's Jack? (1969) with Eddie Byrne (Commander Vanden Willard).

24. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    OK, here's the scores at the moment:

51 JediJeff13
    21 JediAutobot
    13 Darth Athena
    9 Mos Eisleian Radio
    5 JediGemini

So, it appears that the race is on. There will be 3 new actors sometime today, and 2 on Monday, and you can post solutions until and including Wednesday Feb 28. I'll go by CST, so that means it must show a post time on the thread by 10:00pm. After 10:00pm will be after midnight, and therefore Thursday.

25. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Ok, today's names are:
    Lisa Kudrow, Christopher Lloyd, and Bette Midler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.