main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Goblet Empire (Post PT, AU, Vader/Padme, Obi-Wan ) - UPDATED 09/25th - "ALDERAAN AFTERMATH"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: Oh no! Say it isn't so! :_| Bail is dead!

Oh wicked wicked author! ;) hehehehe

Padme dear... Obi is gonna be more than ticked when he finds out you didn't leave... *sigh* that woman... I wonder ;)

Excellent lil chappie there!

2. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Bail! Well, now at least he is with his wife and kids. Really, truly I wonder why Padme does the things she does. I mean, does she really believe she can keep Vader from finding out about the kids if he gets her?

Oh well, at least Luke and Leia are safe--they sounded so cute from your descriptions.

Who will rule Alderaan now that Viceroy Organa has hit the dirt?

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Alderaan will be suffering for awhile, but I think it just might recover. :)

More soon! :)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan Kenobi seen the Ship that carried Rose, the twins, and Padme, across the shore, taking them to Theodore Province, just as he sensed the presence of Vader inside the Palace. He had watched the sailing water Ship leave from the balcony of his rooms, not wanting to risk attaching himself more deeply to the presence of the twins in the Force. If he had been with them, they would call out to Vader like a homing beacon. In the presence of their mother the twins would be able to shield themselves in the Force. Padme had a great talent for that herself, and had passed that on to both of her children. In the weeks after the twins birth, Obi-Wan had learned that Padme's great great grandmother had been a Jedi Knight, Elleae Thoradon, who had left the Order to marry Joshan Naberrie, a man from her birth planet of Naboo.

Each family member since Elleae had inherited Force abilities, but had refused the offer of every Jedi Master who would ask to take one of their children back to the Temple to begin their training as a Jedi. They felt that life with the Jedi could not compare to the peaceful life they would be surrendering from living on Naboo.

Padme's parents had been asked for her, but had refused the master as well that had come to their door, stating they wanted better things for their daughter.

Obi-Wan often wondered what would have happened if Anakin had Padme around then to grow up with. Would they still have fallen in love? No matter what arguments dwelled inside himself, Obi-Wan knew that they likely would have. From the first moment they had met as children, Anakin had been bounded to Padme in the Force, in such a way that he would never be with anyone else.

Their coupling had been inevitable destiny. The Force would tell anyone that. A Jedi breaking all law for love, even if it meant changing his own destiny.

As he watched the Ship sailing across the water, Obi-Wan realised what a fool he would been to honestly think that Padme Skywalker would not wish to confront the man that had killed her husband.

"What have I done?"

Obi-Wan then raced off into the Palace, hoping that he wasn't too late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The broken body of Bail Organa lay at his feet, kicking it aside when it threatened to block his way to the door, Darth Vader moved to leave the once beautiful Office, that was now tainted with blood of the last Prince of Alderaan.

"I see that you have struck again, you monster!" hissed a very familiar voice from behind himself.

Vader turned to see a hooded woman in a blue robe, holding a blaster on him. He could not see her face, but he knew who she was. With every breath he fought for, he would always know who she was.

He would never forget her. He could not. She haunted his everything. She was there when he managed to sleep, she was there with every corner glimpse from his new eyes the mask provided.

"Are you going to attack me, Senator?" Vader bellowed in a richly thick voice, mockingly, daring her to try her best. "Just as your dear friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi, did at our last encounter? I thought better of you, Senator Skywalker."

Padme shook her head in refusal to listen. "No, Obi-Wan said that you would fill my head with lies. You murdered an innocent man. Anakin did not deserve to die like that. Not by your hand! And how do you know my name? No one knows of my marriage but for --"

"I see the old fool lied about not only the death of my son, but your death as well. I could sense my son in the Force, but your presence was most difficult. It was as if you were removed from it intentionally."

"My gods, no," Padme sobbed, realizing 'why Vader knew her married name. It had been there. The truth just a breath away. "Anakin, how could you do those things? Obi-Wan said that you murdered hundreds of Jedi. You have killed your own friends."

"They betrayed me, that's why!" Vader roared. "They believed that I was weak --- that I couldn't be a Jedi, when in fact that I was the most powerful Jedi ever!"

5. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    :eek: Oh my... that was ... really... great!

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man! The reunion was awesome!!

Poor Obi... he's gonna get there right when they're leaving? Or is he gonna confront his old apprentice again? Man... I feel for Padme... poor chit..

Great work!!!

8. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    Great post! But, um hey Vader/Ani, Padme isn't really going to be happy and love you again if you keep pushing her around.

Run, Obi-wan, run! And post, author, post!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lots of good, dramatic posts coming soon. I have a new, much faster PC now, so my updates will be much faster.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm off the next couple of days, so look for updates. :)

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I should have a new post tonight, inspiration has thundered into my brain. Yay! [:D]

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    yippee! will be looking forward to it! :D

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Padme, awakened it seemed, from a deep sleep, opening her eyes carefully, as she took in the room's surroundings that she was inside of now, with her eyes wide with fearful curiosity. She tried to sit up, but felt a wave of dizziness like no other, and laid her head back down on the hard table that was serving as a bed. She felt cold medal underneath her hands, and guessed that she was aboard Vader's Ship.

No, not Vader's Ship. Anakin's.

The cold, brutal reality of the situation, struck her hard in the chest, and tears filled her brown eyes, brightly so, as she fought to understand Obi-Wan's reasoning for telling such lies to her for so many months. Painful, hurtful lies; telling her that her beloved husband was dead, leaving her alone in the galaxy with two little Jedi children to protect from a master of the Sith, when she was no match to do so at all.

The Force had been passed down in her family for generations before her grandmother; no one though in her family had ever chosen to see those skills developed like those of a Jedi Knight. It was a fact that left her abilities hidden so deeply inside herself that not even Anakin had sensed them until she told him of her late grandmother, and he could see that same cloak over the Jedi skills inside herself.

It was several minutes later that Padme managed to sit up, and could see that she was being kept inside a small cell, with four plain walls, reminding her of a box.

She was now dressed in cold, white Imperial dress, with her long hair down around her shoulders.

It made Padme wonder how long exactly had she been locked inside this place, and it also made her think that she wasn't going to be going anywhere, anytime soon.

The doors to her cell then snapped open, revealing the hulking black figure that was all that was left of the man that she once knew as Anakin Skywalker.

That deep, hissing breath, thundered off the walls, as he got closer, making her instinctively back herself into the corner, wishing that she was now with the part of her husband that still lived, him holding her in his embrace, telling her that he was sorry for all the horrible things he had done, and she would find it inside herself to forgive him.

The doors to the cell then hissed closed, revealing no more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funeral for Bail Organa left all of Alderaan in deep mourning.
    The people all believed that the last of their Royal family was gone, leaving them sightless in this new galaxy of hate and fear that the Emperor and Vader had created together.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had attended these proceedings, ignoring the search for Padme, if only for a little while. His mind kept going back to that day where Vader had taken her from Alderaan before he had the chance to save her. He had arrived to her rooms to find them empty, all her few belongings there in place, all but for their keeper herself.

It was only peaceful to know that Vader had left Alderaan without going after the twins. If he had chosen to go after them first, with only sweet Rose there to defend them, Obi-Wan didn't want to consider what would have happened.

He could only reason a few things by Vader's lack of action toward them. He took Padme in effort to create more Jedi children with her to replace Luke and Leia for the Emperor. He took her so the Emperor could kill her himself, or make Vader do it for his own amusement, as some form of twisted punishment for allowing the widow of Skywalker to live this long.

Or, Vader thought there was too much danger to bring his children before the Emperor now. They were very young yet, only babies still, and if the Emperor abruptly decided to end their life's, they would be defenceless, and stand no chance against the dark one now.

Obi-Wan reflected on Luke and Leia Skywalker, as he stared into th

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Dagobah

"Are you sure about this place?" asked Rose.

She got off the Alderaanian Ship that Obi-Wan had been using since he had been given the rank of General, to see the darkest, most dank looking place that could have only been born from one has nightmares.

"The one I'm looking for is here; but I must ask you to remain on the Ship with the children, for now. He isn't one to like his peace disrupted, let alone by someone he doesn't know."

Rose frowned at him, and knodded her thickly haired head, cuddling the young toddlers tightly in her embrace, as she carried the sleeping twins back onto the Ship.

Obi-Wan watched her go, feeling something of himself go with her. He decided it was due to the strong bond he had with the twins, and thought not to think further about the subject then that. He did not need anything else getting in his way of Vader.

He found the one he was looking for, sitting on a wooden stump, deep in thought, eyes closed.

"Hello, master Yoda," Obi-Wan said, beaming at seeing his sense in the Force had indeed been correct. Yoda had survived his duel with Anakin on Naboo.

When he had seen the little master fall in the same place as Qui-Gon Jinn had; but then Yoda had seemingly vanished into the Force upon Anakin's blade cutting into him.

Thinking that Anakin had killed Yoda had been too much, there had been so much death that Anakin had been responsible for already, and that had been what had finally driven him to attack his own apprentice, his own best friend, his own...

...son.

He had loved Anakin as his son, and he was lost to him. He had loved Anakin, and he had never told him so. If he had only told the boy how much he meant to him, then perhaps Anakin would have found it within himself not to have fallen to the Dark Side of the Force.

"Much burdens you have, Obi-Wan. Heavy burdens, young one."

Obi-Wan was startled still at Yoda's perfect ability to read his feelings so easily. He only smiled though, not willing to discuss all the turmoil flowing inside of his mind.

Rose. The twins. Padme. Anakin.

It was all too much to bare alone.

"My apprentice has fallen. You know this, master, but, his children, they need our help."

"Want to save the son because you could not save the father. You want to protect the daughter like you could not the mother. Their fates are not up to you, Obi-Wan. Think that they are, you do. Think that, you should not."

"I care about them, master. The twins will have no father because of my failure. Padme will have no husband because I let him fall to the Dark Side. I should have seen what Palpatine was doing to him... I should have seen it!" Obi-Wan snapped in deep, dark fury.

"Angry you are, be careful now you must. Do not fall as your apprentice did, young one."

"I will not fall--- I'll make him pay for what he's done!"

"Who, Obi-Wan, hmm? Vader, or your apprentice, as they are the same. Except this, you must."

"Anakin cannot be inside that--- monster... he died when I put my weapon in his belly, and fell into the lava below, and became something, much worse," whispered the Knight with a haunting sadness that Yoda had not ever seen before.

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi and Padme! :( I so feel for them!

Great job!! This will definitely prove interesting as to what they do with the little ones.

16. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great job!

Can't wait for more ;)

17. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    awww!poor Padme!!!she always seems to get the rough end of life!! hope vader doesn't hurt her physically..like he hasn't already hurt her enough emotionally...

18. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    Great post! Yay, Yoda is here! Keep up the great work!

19. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Very complelling, I was hooked from the first post, Update again soon?

Uppies

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I plan for this story to be off the ground again by next month. I'm sorry for getting off-track with this, as this story is one of my favorites. Real life has kept me away from updating often to my stories. It also doesn't help that I have a lot of stories on the go. It's always been a problem for me. I can't seem to keep plot bunnies to myself. 8-}

So please know that this story isn't dead. I've had every intention of finishing it. It's just been difficult to get writing for it. I like a quiet as possible place to write, and my house has just been the opposite. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.