main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA A Good Thing

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    When I feel depressed, after a while I try to bring myself out or at least feel a little better by attempting to look at the positive. Sometimes this can be difficult so I begin with the basics; "I woke up this morning."
    "I woke up in my bed and there is a ceiling above me. I have blankets to keep me warm."

It may seem silly, but then remember that there are people(more than we might think) that don't have these things.

"I have coffee and Coffee Mate creamer."

I may not have money, or own a home, or even own a car, but I do have friends, and Barry, and a place to live that though small is still nice, and I have my father's car to drive. I don't have the means to make all the costumes that I would like or the figure to even wear them if I could, but I can help others make their costumes and support their efforts.

So, now I pass this on so you can list one or two "good things." It really can make you feel better.

Oh, and I have cats.[face_dancing]

2. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i have a good dog. and i'm getting a chihuahua puppy in six weeks (she was just born yesterday!) and i'm going to disneyland. and i have a cool family. and i'm moving.

is this what you mean??

btw you're welcome to help me with costuming anytime :p as you well know.

3. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Yes this is what I mean. Somehow when you write it down or say it out loud it seems better.

Of course I'm not sure about the Chihuahua:D But if you think it is a good thing...;)

4. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    I love and am grateful to have in my life two beautiful and wonderful children and wife, who is a wonderful mother, and who are all very supportive of me in life's important decissions. I can say this especially today because I have been offered employment with the organization I've been applying with for the past year and a half, and my wife and children are all very supportive of my decision to pursue my desire to accept this job. So, I'm especially fortunate to have them in my life.

As far as the possession of a house, car, etc. MP. To me, those aren't the things that matter most in life. Yeah, it may be good to have them, but sometimes I know I feel like I'm a slave to the payments I make for the mortgage and the cars; and I hate thinking about how I spend 8-10 hours of my life every weekday working to pay for those things and the outrageous interest cost that come with their loans.:confused:. I'm a servant to my possessions. To me, there's a certian amount of freedom in not owing institutions large amounts of money.

Just my 2 cents

5. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I have a few things that make me truly happy, and make me ME.

I have an incredible family. I have a wife who has stood by me, even when she shouldn't have, and who has pretty much helped make me into who I am today. I didn't have a mom or dad who really cared about who I became, in all aspects. My wife has truly brought me happiness.

I have a daughter who has done the same. I was a punk kid who didn't deserve anything, when I was blessed with everything. Ariel made me decide to turn my life around, and to be honest, I am truly happy she did. If it weren't for Ariel and Liz, then who knows where I'd be, probably passed out somewhere, at a beer garden, or dead.

and last, but DEFINATELY not least, I have my faith. Something I will never give up. A lot of people don't understand how hard it is to carry the burden of believing in Christ. Us Christians are the worst of the worst. We're thieves, murderers, and horrible people. What sets us apart is the desire to change that, and the desire to strive to be better people. I spent 20+ years searching for something, and when I found it, it was the greatest awakening ever. It's a daily struggle, but I find it incredibly worth it.

so yeah, there are my two cents as well.

6. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Both of your "two cents" are priceless. You ar etruly blessed.[:D]

7. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    jerry, don't ever be ashamed of something that brings you joy (unless it's strangling kittens, or voting for bush) if your faith makes you a better person, then power to you.

let me think of two things to be really happy about, besides rain and the moon, and i'll get back to you.

8. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Starbucks.
    They gave me a free Cinimmon Dolce Latte, venti, today. I love drink mistakes.[face_love] :D

9. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    hahahaha. i can easily say it gave Jerry and I both joy to vote for Bush, twice in fact. and great pleasure to see him win. :p :p :p

10. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I'm going to have to agree with Mrs. Smith on that one. I voted for W. twice, and was happy with his victory both times. Hey, I even voted for Arnold. Call me right wing, call me whatever. hehe. :)

11. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    "just don't call [you] late for dinner." :D [face_batting] :p

12. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    [face_sick][face_sick]

hmm. well, let's see...

i've got a pretty good guy who puts up with me and my wierdness(es) and my whimsical spending habits. my sister is VERY happy, which is even more of a blessing considering how things have been going for her for the last 2 years. i've got nine cats who love me when it occurs to them to do so, or if the food bowl is empty. i've got a shiny new windshield that doesn't have a crack in it from side to side. i've got a new sword that i will hopefully get to play with soon. visalia ren faire is coming, and hopefully i won't be too busy to have fun, because it is one of my very favouritest faires. i've got lots of things to read, watch and listen to, which are all things i like to do.

and it's raining.

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    To cover a few days of good stuff; seeing friends Saturday night, having Mr. and Mrs. Tater over for a little while on Sunday- especially getting to talk to Mrs. Tater both Saturday and Sunday, coming across the right color fabric after months of searching, sometimes having something get lost, and watching Sidious play in the mud.

Oh, and getting to go to the sewing class where the Wizard will charm and Liz and I will pretend to sew.;)

14. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    A good thing today was watching Sid play in the back yard with his little purple mouse. Quite enjoyable.

The rest however is the pits. I have a cold which I am blaming on Mr. and Mrs Tater and has nothing to do with standing in the rain in the middle of the night watching Sid play in a mud puddle (that boy just ain't right) while Exeter found a place to do his "thing." (Exeter is having litterbox issues.) Sid attacking him at every opporunity does not help.

In truth Exeter is having several problems right now which also includes difficulty walking. Very stiff in the hip area. I lost Scooter only seven months ago so am not ready to see Exeter start to go down hill.

Okay, enough of this. This is supposed to be a happy thread so I will repeat that watching Sid play with his mouse brightened my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.