main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Lifetime Together: {UDC 2} L/M, Ben ~ **Gasp!** Weeks 11, 12 & 13! (2/3/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm playing catch up too, only I'm doing it in reading these lovely drabbles. :p

Heal

It was Ben that helped him heal. Luke couldn't let his pain keep him from raising his child. In fact, he knew that if he didn't Mara would find a way to come back and kick him into gear. But it wasn't even that thought which made him truly heal.

It was the way Ben would say some things, his inability to back down, his fiery nature, his laugh, everything he did Luke could see Mara's influence. It took him time but Luke finally realized that Mara wasn't really gone, she lived on in his heart and in Ben.

My favorite so far. =D=

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Shirt was so funny!!! And Uniform was sweet [face_love] I almost cried during Cloak -- poor Mara!! :(

Great job!! Thanks for the PM :)

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    More drabbles soon... I'm almost done with the next week.

Irish:
    Hehehehehe...FIRST!!
    :D @};- I have yet to figure out why that is so exciting, but I get excited about it too!!! :D

Mav, those were spentabular!!! (your word! wink ) I loved each one....especially "Dress" though.
    Tee hee hee!! My word!!!! :D Dress was my favorite as well!

I liked how you brought up they were so close Luke didn't have to feel jealous.
    I've always felt that was the sign of a very strong relationship, something I know Luke and Mara have!

Wonderful job!! I've got an eye infection so I'm typing with one eye closed..and that's kinda hard, so I'm not going to go loooonnnngggg like normal.
    Ewwww.... I hope it is cleared up now!! [:D]

But I will say KEEP GOING!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Catchup is hard (i'm behind too!) but I'll always read!!! Youcandoityoucandoityoucandoit!!!!!

Thank you for your vote of confidence!! And thank you for being such a wonderful reader!! [:D]

Jade_eyes:
    Shirt & Pants LOL Dress Melty!! That dress... so perfect with her hair and eyes--Mara's ravishing!!
    Thank you!!! I figure Mara would look wonderful in a paper bag, but I've always imagined when she dresses up, every eye in the room is on her! :)

dancing_star:
    Awww! Lovely wonderful drabbles!!
    Thank you!! :)

I don't think Leia's going to be very happy though, Luke. shame_on_you I agree that you shouldn't wear black ALL the time.
    She wouldn't be very happy, would she. I guess I can't say much about Luke always wearing black, I do most of the time too. Not on purpose, that is just the color most of my clothes are!

Baby blue would be nice. And white was a wonderful color on you in ANH. Luke looks adorable in any color!
    That would be nice, wouldn't it? Though, I've gotten so used to picturing him in black, if he did wear another color, I don't know that I could picture it! :p

Sweet and beautiful!! I think this one's my favorite, though I loved them all!
    Thanks! That was my favorite as well!!

Wonderful job! And I know you'll catch up! You're a fabulous writer!
    Awww... thank you so much!! [:D] Thank you for always reading!!

VaderLVR64:
    I'm playing catch up too, only I'm doing it in reading these lovely drabbles.
    I think everyone is playing catch up!! :p ;)

My favorite so far.
    Thank you so much! I really feel if it weren't for Ben, Luke wouldn't heal and would waste away from a broken heart. :(
    Thank you for reading!!! [:D]

Nat:
    Shirt was so funny!!! And Uniform was sweet. I almost cried during Cloak -- poor Mara!!
    Don't cry! It'll make me cry!! :p I'm glad you thought shirt was funny... I'm always very worried when I try and do comedy!

Great job!! Thanks for the PM
    Thanks!! [:D]
    No problem!

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I was having problems with Ear in this one, but I think it turned out to be my favorite one of this batch! I hope you all enjoy!!

Week 7

Mouth
    His mouth was always in a smile.

Smiling at his students, smiling with his wife, smiling and laughing with his son. Most wouldn't know what to think if there wasn't at least a small smile on Luke Skywalker's face. Even in the most trying of circumstances, he looked at the galaxy in a positive light.

But on this solemn day, there was no expression crossing the Masters mouth or eyes, sad tears rolled down his face. His beloved wife was gone, forever with the Force. Many wondered if they would ever see a smile on his face again.

Ears
    He gently tucked the long red locks behind her ear and leaned in close, his lips lightly brushing her skin, "Do you want to leave?"

Mara turned to look at her husband to find a mischievous look in his sparkling eyes.

"Why farmboy, what did you have in mind?"

His only response was a raise of his eyebrow.

Mara leaned in and whispered into his ear, as he had done to her, "Good things come to those who wait."

Luke would have taken that answer except for the way she blew into his ear on the word "who".

"I'm sorry Leia, but we gotta go."

Eyes
    Every time they looked into each others eyes, there was love. Even when Mara was upset with Luke for not heading her advice, there was still love behind the fire in her eyes. When they were dueling and Luke was in intense concentration, there was love in his eyes.

Often, while in bed they would just lay and gaze into each others eyes; green into blue, no words were needed. They would just bask in the love they felt and from what they could see in each others soul.

No matter what was in their lives, there was always love.

Nose
    "I think it's broken."

"Don't be so dramatic, farmboy," Mara rolled her eyes as she sighed.

Luke removed his hand from his face, and looked at the blood pooled in them, "No, I really think it is."

"Let me see."

Mara took one look at Luke's nose and knew that he was right, she had broken it. Where it was usually fairly straight, there was an obvious deviation to the right.

"Some Force user you are, you should have seen it coming," she joked trying to make light of the situation.

"How was I supposed to know you swing your arms wildly when you sing."

Hands
    Looking at their hands intertwined together, Luke realized how different they looked. His hands were rough from years of tough farming and training. Mara's were soft and smooth. Even though she had done lots of work with her hands over the years, she apparently kept them well moisturized. Her nails, while not long were meticulously trimmed.

Luke didn't think this was something that Mara would pay great attention to.

"When I was pretending to be in Palpatine's court, I couldn't have rough hands. All the girls had soft, well manicured hands. Had I not I would have blown my cover."

5. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Mav these are goooooorgeous! :D[face_love][face_love] Amazing job with week 7, these are wonderfully mushy (and also angsty! :(). Wonderful job with these, you are very talented at writing a large variety of emotions, and you do each one very well! I want to quote something I really liked from this week's, but I think I'd end up quoting it all! [face_laugh]

Mouth was so sad, and strikingly realistic :_|
    Ears I love the use of the prompt-clever!
    Eyes=[face_love]
    Nose I think may be my favorite! [face_laugh] I have the funniest mental image of that one...
    Hands was interesting...[face_thinking]

Whoah, sorry for such a long review! [face_laugh] May I have PM's please, I've been missing your lovely drabbles! [face_batting] Faboo job, girl!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mouth :( but oh, Nose [face_laugh] Ears--ooh yum!! Eyes--poetic and true!! :D Hands--sweetness!! =D=

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *Happy sigh* Mav!!! You are soooo uber talented!! Wow!!! I was scared at the first one these were going to be more sad, post LOTF drabbles..but what a wonderful suprise!! I'm just floating girlfriend!!!!

Why first is important....I have absolutley no idea. :p But hey...it thrills me to be the first one to tell you how wonderful these are!! keep going....we're both gonna catch up!!! Flex those brain-muscles girl!! You'll get there...and every one is going to be wonderful!!!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ears is my favorite too :D

Luke would have taken that answer except for the way she blew into his ear on the word "who".

"I'm sorry Leia, but we gotta go."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I also loved nose -- poor Luke. And the image of Mara waving her hands around when she sings is hilarious :D

Awesome set!! [:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wowsers, Mav, I have this on ATN, and it popped into my inbox and :eek: :eek: I need to up this yumy!!!!!! Huggles!!!!

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    WOW! Has it really been a month since I updated this?? I am so sorry! Week 8 has given me a bunch of trouble! I've gotten a few weeks after that done but since we can't post out of order it kinda put me at a stand still! I shall double my efforts to get you a post soon!!

Myriad_Daydreams:
    Mav these are goooooorgeous!
    Thank you!! :D

Amazing job with week 7, these are wonderfully mushy (and also angsty! sad ). Wonderful job with these, you are very talented at writing a large variety of emotions, and you do each one very well!
    [face_blush] Thank you so much, Myriad! [:D] I enjoy writing a large variety... makes life more interesting! :)

Mouth was so sad, and strikingly realistic
    Ears I love the use of the prompt-clever!
    Eyes= love
    Nose I think may be my favorite! I have the funniest mental image of that one...
    Hands was interesting...

:D I'm always trying to think outside the box! My fiance says I can't even find the box! :p

Whoah, sorry for such a long review!
    Don't apologise... I love long reviews!! :D

May I have PM's please, I've been missing your lovely drabbles! Faboo job, girl!
    Thanks, girl! I'd be glad to send you PM's!!

Jade_eyes:
    Mouth sad but oh, Nose laugh Ears--ooh yum!! Eyes--poetic and true!! grin Hands--sweetness!!
    Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

Irish:
    *Happy sigh* Mav!!! You are soooo uber talented!! Wow!!!
    WOW! [face_blush] Thank you so much!! You are so sweet! [:D]

I was scared at the first one these were going to be more sad, post LOTF drabbles..but what a wonderful suprise!! I'm just floating girlfriend!!!!
    Your lucky... my muse tends to think in angst... I thought they were all gonna be sad as well! :p Luckily it found another way to go! :)

keep going....we're both gonna catch up!!! Flex those brain-muscles girl!! You'll get there...and every one is going to be wonderful!!!
    LOL! I'm trying, I promise! You're doing much better than I am!! Once I get past week 8 I think I'll fly! :)
    [:D]

NYCitygurl:
    Ears is my favorite too
    :D Ya gotta love when the one giving you a problem is the best one!

I also loved nose -- poor Luke. And the image of Mara waving her hands around when she sings is hilarious
    I got the idea from real life... I tend to be a little dangerous when I'm singing! 8-}

Awesome set!!
    Thanks so much, Nat!! [:D]

Jade_eyes (again :) ):
    Wowsers, Mav, I have this on ATN, and it popped into my inbox
    That works?? I've never tried, but I've heard it doesn't work real well. But I am flattered that you have it on this!! :)

I need to up this yumy!!!!!! Huggles!!!!
    Thank you for the up! I'm gonna get a post done soon if it kills me!!

11. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :oops:
    I can't believe I missed these!!! They were FABULOUS!! :oops:
    Mouth
    His mouth was always in a smile.

Smiling at his students, smiling with his wife, smiling and laughing with his son. Most wouldn't know what to think if there wasn't at least a small smile on Luke Skywalker's face. Even in the most trying of circumstances, he looked at the galaxy in a positive light.

But on this solemn day, there was no expression crossing the Masters mouth or eyes, sad tears rolled down his face. His beloved wife was gone, forever with the Force. Many wondered if they would ever see a smile on his face again.

:_|:_| Oh, you nearly broke my heart with that one! :_|

Nose
    "I think it's broken."

"Don't be so dramatic, farmboy," Mara rolled her eyes as she sighed.

Luke removed his hand from his face, and looked at the blood pooled in them, "No, I really think it is."

"Let me see."

Mara took one look at Luke's nose and knew that he was right, she had broken it. Where it was usually fairly straight, there was an obvious deviation to the right.

"Some Force user you are, you should have seen it coming," she joked trying to make light of the situation.

"How was I supposed to know you swing your arms wildly when you sing."

[face_laugh] LOL!! Poor Luke!!:( The image of Mara singing and swinging her arms around is hysterical though.[face_laugh]

Fabulous job, Mav!!I loved them all!! [face_love] I'm so sorry for missing these before. So it won't happen again, could I pretty please be on the pm list? [face_batting]
    Wonderful!! I can't wait for more!! SQUGGLES!!![:D]

12. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    dancing_star:
    I can't believe I missed these!!! They were FABULOUS!!
    Thank you!! Don't worry about it, it is very easy to do especially since I'm so far behind!

Oh, you nearly broke my heart with that one!
    *hands tissue* Don't cry!! [:D]

LOL!! Poor Luke!! The image of Mara singing and swinging her arms around is hysterical though.
    Ya gotta feel for Luke! :D I got the idea from the time almost hit my fiance while singing!

Fabulous job, Mav!!I loved them all!! love I'm so sorry for missing these before. So it won't happen again, could I pretty please be on the pm list? Wonderful!! I can't wait for more!! SQUGGLES!!!
    Thank you so much, dancing!!! [:D] Don't worry about missing them, I miss things all the time! I'd miss my own fics if they weren't attached to me! :p I'd be glad to add you to the PM list!!

[color=purple][b]OK, so I'm obviously not going to catch up in time to make the time limit, but I will finish these if it kills me! I'm sorry it took me so long... between Darth College and my muse not liking week 8 (I've had several other weeks done for a while) I just couldn't win!
    I hope you enjoy! Thanks for sticking with me!! [/b][/color]

[b][u]Week Eight[/b][/u]

[b]Sullustan[/b]

"No one is gonna believe this. Why couldn't we use a Force disguises again?"

"Just be quite, no one is gonna believe it if you keep asking about it."

"Why would anyone believe that I'm a Sullustan? For once in my life I'm too tall."

All Mara could do was snicker. He was right, he [i]was[/i] to tall but it was the best they could do. They needed a Sullusatan and he was the shortest of them all.

"Look at the bright side, your height is an advantage."

"Actually, I'll have you know, it is usually an advantage. [i]This[/i] is a disadvantage."

[b]Bothan[/b]
    He really disliked him. No, hated him. This wasn't a feeling Luke was used to; hate wasn't an emotion he liked. Hate was a dark feeling. But Borsk Fey'lya deserved it, and Luke wasn't the only one who felt that way. Fey'lya had done many things to many people. He threatened Luke's family and that wasn't something Luke took kindly.

But Luke knew these were not feeling a Jedi should feel. He knew that Fey'lya had different thoughts on the galaxy and that the Bothans had different feeling on life in general.

He could not, would not follow these feelings.

[b] Human[/b]
    Here they could blend in, they would look like any other newly married couple. They couldn't show their real faces of course, but they didn't have to don disguises either. The cowl of their hoods raised or a slight Force disguise was all it really took.

That was the precise reason they chose a planet that was primarily human. There were other places they might have gone if they didn't have to worry about others recognizing them, but they did. And as selfish as it sounded, this was their time and they didn't want anyone else to interrupt it.

[b]Mon Calamari[/b]
    Luke loved the plant of Mon Calamari. There wasn't much that was more exciting to a person who grew up on a desert planet to visit a world completely covered in water, no matter how much he had been there. It was such a peaceful, beautiful planet. When he got the chance to vacation, this was always on his list of places to go.

And the Mon Calamari themselves were very welcoming and a kind species. They enjoyed Luke's amazement of their planet just as much as he did and found him very amusing. It was a situation everyone could enjoy.

[b]Wookiee[/b]
    The Jedi had been friends of the Wookies for a very long time, but when Luke and Mara arrived at Kashyyyk they felt almost like royalty. Chewbacca's family always treated them Luke and Mara like they were part of [i]their[/i] own family.

There was almost always a small feast --though small to the Wookies and small to a human were two completely different things-- and celebration even though there was usually little to celebrate. Apparently Luke just being there was reason enoug

13. walker-of-minds

walker-of-minds Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    loved this oh the last one with the sticky kisses was so cute!

14. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, mav these were fabulous!!! I loved them!! [face_love][face_dancing] Such wonderful, sweet drabbles!!
    Sullustan

"No one is gonna believe this. Why couldn't we use a Force disguises again?"

"Just be quite, no one is gonna believe it if you keep asking about it."

"Why would anyone believe that I'm a Sullustan? For once in my life I'm too tall."

All Mara could do was snicker. He was right, he was to tall but it was the best they could do. They needed a Sullusatan and he was the shortest of them all.

"Look at the bright side, your height is an advantage."

"Actually, I'll have you know, it is usually an advantage. This is a disadvantage."

[face_laugh] I loved this one!! LOL poor Luke!![face_laugh]

Thanks

"Thank you."

"For what?" Mara asked her husband, very confused.

Luke looked up from the baby sleeping in his arms. "For Ben, for not leaving me, for fighting the disease, for... for everything."

A bright smile crossed Mara's face. "You helped with those things too, you know."

Luke looked back down at his beautiful baby boy, "Yeah, but you did all the hard work."

"No, Luke, you did. You had to watch from a distance. You stayed right where I needed you, close enough to catch me when I fell, but far enough that I could breath. Thank you, Luke. Thank you."

Awww! Beautiful!![face_love]@};-

Tea
    She didn't really like the taste, it was bitter, left her mouth dry and had a funny after taste, but Luke insisted she drink all of it. He said the tea would make her feel better. She figured it was making her feel much worse.

Tea wasn't something she usually drank --she preferred to drink water-- but it was fine, occasionally. However, she could go her entire life without drinking this particular tea ever again. In fact, she wouldn't even give this to her worst enemy.

Except, she might give it to Luke the next time he wasn't feeling well.

[face_mischief][face_laugh][face_shame_on_you] Mara!!:p

Three terrific weeks!![face_dancing] It was so hard to pick favorites because they were all so good! I'm totally loving these! Keep it up, you can do it!! Lots of hugs!![:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bothan LOL So true! Liked Mon Calamari and Thanks the bestest. A glass of wine and candles--Mara knows how to take a .. bath [face_laugh] Better to have Luke in there than a ... vicarious thrill through a novel [face_laugh] [face_batting]

Edit: You just don't know how tickled I am that you have more drabbling to do. I'm a nut for drabbles now, much more than after the first UDC. :)

16. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    :_| [face_laugh] =D= [face_dancing] [:D] 8-} [face_whistling]

MAV!! Those were uber incredible!!!! Wow...three weeks of lovliness! Each one was like a sparkling diamond in a crown...so beautiful!!! I think EVERY single one was my favorite!!!!

You can do it!! Keep going girl...after all the drabbles are over (wahh!!!) we'll all still have your lovely gems to keep us going!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are so good!! I especially love juice [face_love]

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    One of my fanfic New Years resolutions was to finish at least one of my unfinished projects and I promised myself a long time ago (a very long time ago, obviously) I would finish these. So with UDC 3 coming to a close I figured now was a good time! :) So here are a few more sets with more on the way!

But first a few responses that I hadn't done. [face_blush]

walker-of-minds: Thank you! Sticky kisses are always fun... sticky, but so worth it! :)

dancing_star: Thanks so much, star! [:D] I'm so glad you enjoyed them!! I am going to finish even if it takes me forever! ;)

Jade_eyes: Thanks girl! [:D] LOL! I would have written about Luke in the bath with her but I'd need more than 100 words and the TOS to be a little less strict on such things! ;) [face_whistling][face_batting] I hope you're still up for reading more drabbles, cause I've still got a few! ;)

Irish_Jedi_Jade: WOW! Thanks so much Irish! [:D] I'm very glad you enjoyed them! I will make it... I will. And hopefully sooner rather than later! :p

NYCitygurl: Thanks so much, Nat! I'm glad you liked them!!

[u][b][color=blue]Week 11:[/color][/b][/u]

[b]Young[/b]
    What he would give to be young and care free again.

Luke watched Ben playing with some toddler game, giggling every time it made a funny noise, flew in the air or changed crazy shapes.

He watched his son taking his first classes as a Jedi student, eyes wide and full of wonder.

Luke watched his son get his first crush on a girl, and watched the first time he got his heart broken.

He watched his son hold his child for the first time, eyes so full of love.

Luke got to be young again, every time he watched his son.

[b]In-Between[/b]
    They were at the age where the young people thought they were old and the older people thought they were young; they were completely in the middle.

Unfortunately, that meant middle age.

Most people got to have a mid-life crisis and buy a new speeder or spend obscene amounts of credits on nothing at all. But the Skywalker's couldn't do things the normal way, no, they had to do things with a bang. Literally.

At least they did it as a family.

Mara couldn't wait until they were the old and didn't have to save the galaxy every other day.

[b] Old[/b]
    Being old wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Things hurt that you didn't know existed, the young beings were doing things you didn't understand and everyone thought you should know everything. But the thing that made Mara most angry about being old was that she wasn't allowed to do things she still wanted to do.

The really fun missions were given to the younger Jedi, and she was left to make decisions and guide the youngling. Had she know this was what would come of being the Grand Master's wife...

She would have still signed up.

[b] Foolish[/b]
    Now he knew how Mara felt when [i]he[/i] was doing foolish things, something he now regretted with his whole heart.

Ben, he figured, was a pretty equal mix of himself and Mara, for better or for worse. This combination usually made a pretty good kid, except when he got something in his mind that he wanted to do. His stubborn streak was as wide as the galaxy and unfortunately this streak blinded him to common sense, or made him ignore it.

Luke couldn't blame his son, he came by it quite honestly, but he wasn't going to tell Ben that.

[b] Wise[/b]
    Some where along the way he became the mysterious, wise old man. He wasn't sure when that happened, and he didn't particularly like the 'old' part, but there wasn't anything he could really do about it. He tried to leave his door open to anyone, but as time went on it was only Masters who would approach him.

As he walked the halls he could hear students mumble about him, mumble about the things he had done and some he hadn't. When did he become so out of touch that he was more a myth than a man?

[color=firebrick][b][u]Week 12[/u][/b][/color]

I decided to take these in a different direction that instinct tried to take them! ;) They all

19. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    You go Mav!! =D=[face_dancing] I know you can finish!! These were all so wonderful- it's really hard to pick a favorite. [face_thinking] I lreally iked Mara's insights in "Nice"- how Ben was so selfless, just like Luke. [face_love] Loved them all! Lovely job!! [:D]@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee! Squee! More drabbles!!!
    Week 11- enjoyed in-between and Old. :D

Week 12--super set showing real emotions.

Week 13--Gift and Naughty :) Mara went to all that trouble and ... I bet he paid all right.... "So you'd rather be with those scank council members than with me, with this hot meal, these soft candles, and me wearing... this?" [face_laugh] Yuppers, lotta making up to do [face_laugh]

Squggles!!!!

[face_love]
    [face_love]

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Fail almost mad me cry!! How awful!! But Festive was funny :D

Great sets!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.