main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX A little Digital Dallas anyone?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    DECO_DROID, I know what you mean. I saw AOTC here Wednesday, and after having seen it in DLP, the colors seemed muted and the overall presentation lacked the beauty of the digital print. Seeing it in digital was like seeing it for the first time, even though I had already seen it 10.

Darth-Stryphe, I did not notice any problems with lightsaber color. I will have to look for that Saturday. While it is true that digital is not perfect, I do think that, based on what I have seen, it is better than traditional film.

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Alright, y'all! As David explained, the trip will go ahead, as planned this Saturday, June 15th. I would love for anyone who can to join us. Things like this are always more fun with a group, and we'd get to know each other better! :) We'll do a carpool, so don't feel like you have to drive up by yourself. Half of the point of this trip is for us to go as a group. It would rather defeat the purpose if we were to all show up separately. So, if you need a ride, let me know, and we will definitely work it out.

These are the people that have shown interest in the thread so far:

Myself
    Fingorfin
    FusionBlaster
    dracula766
    Moontyger

Please, anyone, if you have any questions, contact me via PM or email: queenieamidala@fanforce.net. I want this to work, and like I said, I want as many people who can to go. This will be a very fun trip, and it'll only cost you a day. ;)

So, anyone interested? And of the above mentioned names, are y'all still interested and what are your thoughts?

3. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    We need to decide on when and where we will meet. Meeting at one place is certainly preferable to driving all over Houston early Saturday morning to pick people up.

We are doing more than one show while we are up there, right?

4. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm still interested but since its this weekend I won't know for sure til naybe friday.

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree. We do need a central meeting place. Perhaps, somewhere off I-45 in the north (or whatever is convenient for everyone), since that's where we'll be heading.

I would love to see it a couple of times, if no one objects. If we're driving all the way up to Dallas...might as well make the most of it.

EDIT - we can accept that, dracula. Hope you can come! :)

6. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Do we still want to try to meet with the Dallas FF?

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I did not notice any problems with lightsaber color.

They're not any close-ups of the "yellow" sabers, but some of the quicker shots, they are in the background. Actually, I didn't notice them either until a friend of mine mention them.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I just started a thread on the Dallas page about this trip, and linked it to here.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thank you, David. Maybe we'll be able to hook up with some of the Dallas folk when we're there.

10. Willie_Scott

Willie_Scott Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Wish you guys were coming up next weekend. I could've gotten atleast six people to meet up with you guys for AOTC. It would've been cool to meet the Fan Force from Houston too.

You guys have a great time! You've heard how great the picture is. The sound is awesome!! Especially during the Asteroid scene. You can also hear a guitar ripp(riff)? when Anakin is on top of Zam Wessel's dragster that I hadn't heard in the other theatres.

By the way - We just had a meeting, and agreed to start a line early in the day for LOTR- Two Towers, opening day. You guys should plan on meeting us for that too!
    DLP of course! =D

11. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I think the 30th would be a good day to go.
    Sci FI expo that day with free admission.

www.scifiexpo.com

12. ChewbaccasRevenge

ChewbaccasRevenge Jedi Master

May 19, 2002
    Does anyone know how long the movie will be in Plano??? We were planning a trip up that way,but not for another month.
    If we can't make it up there in time,my brother and I would love to tag along on this road trip.
    Any info anyone can give us would be helpful.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey we're planning to see AOTC on that day too. Maybe all of us can meet up.

14. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    So are y'all planning on coming up here the 15th *and* the 30th, or just the 15th, or just the 30th ?[face_plain]

<C-3PO> I'm so confused! </C-3PO> :eek:

Regardless, let us know what showing you'll be going to, and we'll plan to meet for the showing and/or do dinner.

We have our RPG the 15th from noon till whenever, so that's the only thing that would make meeting up with y'all difficult...

See you then :D

15. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    What show times are you aiming for? FYI there is only one DLP screen for ATOC(there had been 2) and it's very popular, so if you can purchase your tickets online it might save you some time. You will not be disappointed. We had the good fortune of catching the show with some of the guests from the last Sci-Fi Expo, touring the projection booth and getting a close up view of the DLP setup, really cool.

I think this is the first time we've had Fanforce folks from Houston visit us as a group. We've met with Waco, Austin, San Antonio, and Lubbock. Hope you guys can visit us again as a group.

Be sure you guys have this road trip posted on Fanforce main, you might find others who want to come along.

Here are some of us in the DLP projection booth with Temuera Morrison(Jango Fett)

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    We had the good fortune of catching the show with some of the guests from the last Sci-Fi Expo, touring the projection booth and getting a close up view of the DLP setup

You were there, too? That was a blast!

So what's this about a free Expo? There goes my paycheck 8-}

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Nabooty_Call, I belief it is the 15th. Queenie's in charge of this one, so you'll need to talk to her. However, there are some in the HFF who can't make the 15th, so another group may come up on the 30th.

18. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    What showtimes were you thinking of, if we need to buy tickets online?

It seems my car may be legal by then, so I can probably drive if necessary. I was hoping to convince the SO to go along, but he is reluctant. He doesn't think it is worth it to drive to Plano. =( Any ideas on how to convince him?

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thanks to our friendly neighbor Dallas person, Willie_Scott, we know now that this is our last of possible weekends for the large DLP screen. And here are the showtimes she posted in this thread:

Sat 15th - showings on big DLP screen are:
    12:30
    4pm
    7:30
    10:40

Sat 15th - smaller DLP
    1pm
    4:30
    8:05
    11:10

So, we need to decide on showtimes. You know, I bet we could make 1 pm on the smaller DLP and then 4 pm on the larger. It doesn't matter to me. What do y'all think. I would really like to see it twice, if possible. But, obviously, everyone does not have to do so. And these times are adjustable. We just need to figure out what times we want to go, that way we can plan our trip time, and we can purchase online tickets.

So, you are going to get to go, Moontyger? :) As for your SO, I don't know. How anyone could pass on a chance to see AOTC in any form, especially DLP, I do not know. ;) Surely you can find some way of convincing him.

20. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    What showtimes were you thinking of, if we need to buy tickets online?

Buy them on-line? I would recommend it, but be careful. When I got mine, there was no indication if it was the DLP theater or not. In fact, it happened to be more by luck I got the right tickets.

21. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Nabooty_Call, you guys game!? Excellent. RPGs are one of life's great joys. But where did you ever find gamers that are awake before noon on Saturdays?

22. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Yes do buy them on-line. When you deside on a time let me know so I can get eveyone together up here.

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree. I have no intention of leaving without having purchased tickets. :)

We'll let you know...soon!

So, everyone! It's Wednesday, we need to make some decisions! What do you y'all think...what times? And who is going?

24. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
  25. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I am definitely going.
    To make the 12:30, we would need to leave before 8:00, of course that is a good time to leave for he 1:00 as well. It is early, but that seems like a good time to get going for this trip.

Does anyone know a good place to meet on the North side?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.