main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Love Story in Red - Luke and Mara vignette series

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Mara Reluctant/Luke Distracted
    Genre: confusion
    Characters: Mara and Luke
    Author: VaderLVR64

Mara Reluctant

Yeah, I?ve got red hair. You want to make something of it? Are you sure? Yeah, I didn?t think so. I used to be the ?Emperor?s Hand? which meant I used to smack around anybody who got out of line with the Emperor. Okay, sometimes it was more than a smack. I?m a damn good assassin. But then that little snot Skywalker let Vader kill my boss and I was out of a job. I was pretty ticked off for a while, even tried to kill the farmboy. But he?s got these big blue eyes and he was always throwing me off balance with his ?everything is happiness and light? speeches so I never got around to it. Very frustrating. But then I got to kill his clone and that relieved some of the tension so we started talking.

He?s pretty cool for a farmboy. Still can?t believe Vader had a kid. I mean, look at him! He?s cute! How in the hell did Vader produce Luke? Still a mystery to me, no matter how many times I hear ?he wasn?t always in the black armor you know.? Yeah, well every time I saw him he was in the stuff, so there. Anyway, back to Luke. I?m not sure what it is about the naïve little snot but I like him, sort of. I mean, I don?t want to kill him anymore so that?s progress, right?

I?ll admit there have been a few (just a few, mind you) instances where I may have liked him to kiss me. But he?s probably such a goodie-goodie that he won?t even kiss someone until they?re married. Weirdo! He does have very nice lips, though, anyone would have noticed that. His eyes are okay, very blue and very mesmerizing?er nice. Yeah, he?s got nice eyes. They?re blue in case I didn?t mention that.

He?s not really tall, and I usually go for the tall, dark, and dangerous type. Funny, those words don?t come to mind when one thinks of Luke Skywalker. But he works out so he?s got a nice set of muscles on him. He?s got the cutest little scar just above his lip and I often wonder if that part of his face is as warm as the rest of his skin. I mean, I wonder about it in a scientific way. You know, does scar tissue still maintain the same level of feeling that?never mind. He?s got some amazing hands, too. They look very masculine and?anyway he?s got good hands for a Jedi is what I mean

When I found out Vader was his father I almost had a rancor! I mean who would want to ?be with? Vader? I have to be careful of what I say now; the farmboy has delicate ears you know. Nothing much bothers me, but apparently Tatooine is a very refined planet. Yeah, okay! Seriously though, who would marry Vader? He must have been a heck of a hottie before he fell into the lava because he didn?t have the personality thing working for him. But Luke did a pretty god job of handling his paternity. Me? I would have asked for a test or something confirming it but he pretty much took it on face value. He?s the trusting type if you know what I mean.

I really don?t like him all that much, truly. He?s naïve and really laid back. There are times I have to check and make sure he?s got a pulse. I mean, I know Jedi are supposed to be at peace and serene and all but farmboy really takes it to extremes! Sometimes, when he?s meditating I just want to walk up and give him a wedgie or something and see what that does to his Jedi tranquility. Think he?d notice? What if I licked his ear? Think that would get his attention?

Not that I WANT to lick his ear! Gross! I wouldn?t REALLY want to kiss him either, but I bet it would be a good way to shatter that Jedi tranquility. I mean, I HOPE it would work. What if he just started laughing at me when I kissed him? Not that I WOULD kiss him, you understand. This is just a hypothetical.

Yeah, he?s okay for a farmboy. He hasn?t killed Solo yet, so obviously he?s patient. Probably a requirement for the Jedi, don?t you think? He?s pretty good with the Solo kids, too. I wonder if he wants kids? Yeah, he probably does, he seems like the type. I?m glad I don?t want kids! UGH! Th

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Hilarious! Loved it. Poor Mara, doesn't know what (or who) she wants!

3. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    *maniac laughing*
    Oh my, that was absolutely hilarious.
    *wipes laughter tears from eyes*
    Oh my. so funny.. :D

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    But he?s got these big blue eyes and he was always throwing me off balance with his ?everything is happiness and light? speeches so I never got around to it.

LOL! Yep, Mara's got it good.

What if I licked his ear? Think that would get his attention?

Having once written a story where Mara does lick his ear, I'll verify that he definitely would notice! [face_laugh]

Funny stuff! Sounds exactly like Mara.

5. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was hilarious, the way she kept getting sidetracked thinking about his lips, his hands...I loved it!

You know, I imagine this wasn't too far off how confused she probably was at the way her feelings were changing. But of course, you make it so funny! :D

Or with a little girl, showing her how valuable she is, that she would always have someone to love her. No one would steal his kid and train them as an assassin. Anyway, that?s not important and has nothing to do with me.

That part was almost a little sad...Mara obviously thinking about her situation when she was a child. :( But I love the way she believes that Luke would be a good dad.

This was wonderful as usual, Kimberley!!

:) :) :)

6. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    He hasn?t killed Solo yet, so obviously he?s patient

LOL, I'm surpised Luke hasn't killed him either. Espescially since Solo still calls him 'kid'.

7. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    You can take the "I hope" off the title, since this is packed with hilarity! I just loved it! I was laughing from the beginning on.

8. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    ROTFL

That's all I have to say.

9. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Not that I WANT to lick his ear! Gross!

LOL! Kimberley, how do you do it? This is so awesome! Mara with her "hypothetical" and "scientific" thoughts.

Wonderful!

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
  11. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    I loved it. Really, loved it.
    But... licking his ear? Bloody nauseating, if you ask me.
    And yes, I do have a boyfriend.

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who read. This one just came as I was looking through some old love letters as a matter of fact. We won't go into that...

VadersMistress glad you liked it. Yeah, Mara is a little confused right now.

LumiKuningatar Glad it made you laugh, I was hoping it would.

Jedi-2B Yes, poor Mara is suffering badly. I liked the whole ear thing, too! And I'm pretty sure Luke would as well...

Kayladie97 I deliberately threw that in there to show Mara's WELL HIDDEN vulnerability. I think her childhood is very important in the shaping of her character. I think Luke is her match because he represents everything her childhood wasn't, among other things.

JadeDjo perhaps having Han as his brother-in-law is part of his Jedi trials??

Laine_Snowtrekker I'm glad it worked. I wasn't sure if it was funny or just pathetic and weird. I was going for funny, by the way, so I'm glad that's how it came across : )

TheCrazyRodian glad you liked it and it made you laugh!

Stormtrooper_Shrink Well, it's not like she thinks he's cute or anything. This is all just hypothetical, a "what if?" situation. Right??

Jedi_Liz thanks for reading and glad you liked it!

GrandAdmiralKyronna well the whole ear thing is VERY individual. Pick your own part, LOL!

13. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Awesome! Keep writing these vigs they are just the BEST! :D

14. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004

One.

Word.

WEDGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Really good!! And I don't even usually like first person!!!

UP! ~M

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Oh, man that was hilarious and so Mara.

She wants to give him a wedgie, [face_laugh] and wonders if he'd notice if she licked his ear [face_laugh]

*falls out of chair laughing*

16. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Someone like?well, okay someone like me. Not ME specifically, but someone like me. Anyway, I still wonder, hypothetically of course, about that kiss?

*falls out of her chair*

Thatw as fantastic. Of course it was funny, what are you talking about?

Wonderful.

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So while Mara was hypothetically contemplating those kisses, what was Luke thinking? His thoughts aren't meant to be as funny, he's a really sincere and sweet guy. But here are some possibilities....

Luke Distracted

I try not to let her see me watching her. She probably looks at me and sees a naïve farmboy who doesn?t know a thing about women. The problem is she?s right. When I was growing up I was just ?Wormie? and the girls couldn?t walk away fast enough. They would literally trip over their own feet in their efforts to get away from me. Then I was caught up in the rebellion and that took several years out of my life. Finally, when things calmed down I had the whole ?Vader is my father? package to deal with and the idea of making little Vaders sort of put a damper on my romantic life.

Once Leia got up the courage to reproduce and I saw how great they were I relaxed a little bit. But even after that, I found that a lot of the women interested in me weren?t interested in Luke, the former Tatooine farmboy, but wanted Luke Skywalker, hero of the rebellion. There is a difference, and I just wanted someone who wanted me, the kinda shy guy still inside. Sounds unbelievably naïve and melodramatic, I know. I?ll cease emoting and move on, I know I sound like a character from a second-rate holovid.

But then I met Callista, and we all know how well THAT turned out. She?s gone now, moved on to something different and I?m fine with that, really. I learned to accept it long ago. It?s not that I still love her, but I?m still enchanted of the idea of what I might have had with her. What I still want with somebody. Well, okay what I want with a particular bad-tempered redhead. She?s not really bad-tempered, though. I prefer to think of her as assertive and certain of what she wants.

I know Mara can be a tad cranky, but when you consider the fact that she had to kill for a living I think she?s remarkably sweet. Don?t roll your eyes just because I used the word ?sweet? and Mara in the same sentence! Have you seen her eyes? Gods! They are so green that I just want to stare at them and never look away again. Even when they are flashing in anger (usually at me) or sparkling with laughter (again, at me) they are so lovely that I almost forget to breathe.

It doesn?t seem fair that a Jedi Master should forget how to breathe just because he?s looking into a pair of green eyes. But then below those eyes are the softest, prettiest lips in the galaxy. She has a habit of just lightly touching the tip of her tongue to her lips and it drives me crazy! I want to be able to touch my own tongue to her lips and whisper against her mouth as I tell her how much I like her. I?m a little afraid to get my tongue too near her teeth, the temptation to bite it off may be too strong for her to resist. Like may be too mild a word for how I feel about her, but I?m not ready to say anything stronger until I know she won?t look at me like I?m something gross she got on the bottom of her boot.

When I watch her practice with a lightsaber I sometimes just have to stand back and let the awe wash over me. She jumps and leaps with such grace and then I start wondering if she?s graceful in other?uh oh, shouldn?t be thinking that way! Jedi Masters should not entertain such thoughts. Certainly I shouldn?t entertain such thoughts about HER. Not if I want to retain my ability to ever act on such inappropriate thoughts with anybody ever again. If she ever saw those thoughts shining in my eyes?well I can?t even imagine what she would do. She can barely tolerate me as it is and if I even dared to kiss her she would probably give me that saber where it counts.

Han would have a field day if I got up the nerve to ask her out. I would never live it down. Then he would feel compelled to make a joke and Mara would feel obligated to kill him. Then Leia would be really ticked off at me got getting her husband killed and would probably make me help her raise the kids. See? It?s really an impossible situation, all sorts of ramif

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This is perfect Luke! I love how you write, VaderLVR64.

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So sweet, and so much like how Luke would think. Maybe like he DID think.

If I knew Mara wouldn?t laugh at me (or sucker punch me) and turn me down flat I might ask her out for a date, or I might even ask her to marry me. I?m still undecided about which question I should get up the nerve to ask her.

See? He did ask her to marry him before asking her out on a date! Great job.

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *snorting Pinot Grigio out of my nose* ;) ROTFL!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

I know Mara can be a tad cranky, but when you consider the fact that she had to kill for a living I think she?s remarkably sweet.

That's great!

Then he would feel compelled to make a joke and Mara would feel obligated to kill him. Then Leia would be really ticked off at me for getting her husband killed and would probably make me help her raise the kids.

Yeah....that sounds about right. [face_laugh]

Maybe I?m just allergic to her or something

Priceless!

No kidding - that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Great job! :D

21. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    Don?t roll your eyes just because I used the word ?sweet? and Mara in the same sentence!

Thats just want I did, which made it even funnier! ROFL

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Hilarious, VaderLVR!!! [face_laugh] That Luke, always so serious!!! [face_laugh]

23. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    AWWWWWW!!!!

HE'S SO CUTE!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

What they need to do is find each other's letters....

[face_mischief]
    :p

24. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Teehee, it was great... Just perfect.. I was realy laughing very very much during your post. Write more, and more, and more, I'm already addicted..

25. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

They?re blue in case I didn?t mention that.

I mean, I wonder about it in a scientific way.

This is just a hypothetical.

LOL! Oh Mara, you've got it bad. :D Admit it!

This part teared me up a little:

No one would steal his kid and train them as an assassin...

:( :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.