main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA A message to SAFF from Terra Nova Events

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TerraNova, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerraNova

TerraNova Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007

Greetings from Terra Nova Events.

I thank Alison from SAFF for inviting me to view your site and your message boards.

Alison has expressed her concern about some recent behaviour your message board has been experiencing, pertaining to the 30th anniversary celebrations of the Star Wars franchise.

I have logged in to the message board and have viewed the comments posted by a certain UFP fan club member and am able to reassure you that this sort of mentality is of a very small minority and should by no means taken as a collective point of view from the UFP fan club in general.

I am in regular contact with the key "go getters" that make up the UFP, including their Club President and a positive, active attitude toward the ongoing survival of Sci Fi awareness in South Australia is our main focus.

I forgive "Sithwoman" for her remarks, I only hope she can forgive herself and think of the embarrassment she has caused her Club and fellow members.

Terra Nova Events saw the opportunity to put on a great film and pay tribute to it's loyal fans and offer the fan a total day of celebration by attending the film and then moving on to the UFP night of events.

I create events for the fans and they are run by those very same fans, as we are all fans of Sci Fi, not just one genre but all TV shows, Films and Publications. Sure we all have our favourite costume that we like to wear, hey, I was amongst the first Americans to see the original Star Wars film back in the 70s whilst living in Louisiana, but wherever there is a Sci Fi event organised, I like to be a part of it to show my support to that event and as you all know for Sci Fi events to continue, we all must support these events as we all will reap the enjoyment brought by them.

That said..

For all SAFF members that do not know me, I am CEO of Terra Nova Events and am proud to announce the the Makris Group of Companies (A Company worth 1.2 Billion Dollars) are the Principle Corporate Sponsor of Terra Nova Events.

This deal takes Terra Nova to a new dimension and allows me to bring the biggest names in Sci Fi and beyond, to South Australia.

Terra Nova 6 is already being co-ordinated and one of the guests being enticed to Adelaide is a main cast Star Wars actor!

I invite you to visit Terra Nova Events at www.terra-novaevents.com for regular updates and hope to see you at our upcoming Adelaide Pop Culture Festival this coming August 18 to 26.

Star Wars will be given a tribute at the Festival and I invite you to join us for an invasion of Rundle Mall on the weekend of Sunday August 19 from noon.

I thank Alison once again for her invite to the site and wish you all a great 30th anniversary celebration.

Sincerely

Stuart Blair
    Terra Nova Events

2. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Thanks for the message. I know little of the politics (and frankly aren't interested) so it is great to see that due corporate sponsors with that much $$$ behind them will allow Adelaide to hopefully have some decent conventions coming up.

I'm sure that the combined constumed massive that is SAFF would love to assist in a convention with SW actors attending :) Note that I said actorS, I'm always hopefull ;)

3. TerraNova

TerraNova Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    We will certainly do our best and the projected date for the next convention is the first weekend of May 2008.

All the best to you

Art.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks for clearing this up, it was a bit tense for a short time. Look forward to seeing your events!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.