main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, it's been a hectic week and I'm sick for it [face_plain] But, I'm going to set my site down for a little bit and try to write tonight. I have AlphaCon tomorrow, tho.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, I posted on CL, but not here. Sorry! I doubt there'll be one tomorrow, but the week is looking up.

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    OK, Ami, I'm de-lurking to pester you for some more story! :D

5. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    UP!

Ami, be sure to tell me all about Alpha Con. :D

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, to hear about AlphaCon you're going to have to go over to CL, cuz I've written it to so many different people that I'm almost burned out :p

Anthony Daniels is wonderful, Vader is scary, and everything is wonderful!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - -

The two Jedi were immediately greeted by worried wives and anxious children. ?Oh, Ani!? Padmé managed to gasp before silencing Anakin in a rather desperate kiss. Obi-Wan smiled behind his hand and turned to face his rather disgruntled wife.

?How is she?? Obi-Wan asked quietly, his eyes roaming both for a trace of his daughter and the tiny Jedi Master.

?Fine. Sleeping.? Sabé ran a hand through her long hair, touseling the dark waves that had once been neatly braided down her back. Obi-Wan smoothed her tresses and kissed her forehead. Sabé smiled slightly, then arched a delicate eyebrow at him. ?Are *you* fine? And Anakin? I almost had to sedate Ami.?

?Anakin was unaware of what his power had done,? Obi-Wan said quietly. ?He isn?t pleased with Yoda and is taking blame even if no one was hurt.?

?There was the potential.?

?Yes. Speaking of our dear Yoda,? Obi-Wan said in a much louder voice. ?Where is he??

Sabé smirked and pointed. Feeling the hairs on the back of his neck prickle, Obi-Wan turned to find the ?dear? Jedi Master staring up at him with a bemused blink. //Damn// Kenobi thought, irritated with himself and with Yoda. He caught Anakin?s half serious, half amused look before clearing his throat and nodding his head to the green Whill. ?Anakin and I have a few things to discuss with you, my Master.?

?Know your concern, I do. Unexpected, it was.? Yoda?s ears twitched as he glanced at the wide-eyed twins, who were sitting quietly at the table eating chips. Then he tapped his gimmer stick on the floor and returned his steely gaze to the Jedi and their wives. ?Other matter, you speak of??

Obi-Wan sensed Anakin?s mild surprise at Yoda?s quick estimate and Sabé?s rather annoyed squeeze at his elbow. He glanced at his wife uncertainly. On the long walk back to the ship, both he and Anakin had come to the same conclusion when the Force had suddenly pressed them to meditate in the middle of the tiny, uneven path. Neither was anxious to obey their next order from the Force, but they couldn?t ignore it. However, the greatest challenge could be convincing both warrior women that they could not be involved.

?You weren?t thinking of discussing this ?other matter? without me, were you?? Sabé warned. ?I may be a mother, Obi-Wan, but that?s only sharpened my fighting instincts.?

?You aren?t going to like it, but you will have to obey me,? Obi-Wan said, his eyes begging her to understand. Already, before she even knew precisely what was going to happen, she wanted to fight and protect Amidala, the children, and him. He kissed her forehead, hoping to persuade her to comply.

Sabé simply looked at Anakin and Amidala, then back at her husband. ?Well??

Anakin stepped forward, not appearing to be shaky, but inside his nerves were on edge. He glanced at Obi-Wan, who nodded encouragingly. ?Master Yoda, after my experience in the cave, the Force sent both Obi-Wan and I a . . . message, if you will . . . that it is time for us to seek the Emperor.?

The room was silent. Padmé paled, and her children looked at her, eyes wide with the anxiety and fear they read in her eyes. Sabé?s lips were pressed tight together, a tension showing in her neck as she stared at Obi-Wan. She wasn?t in the least surprised by this news, she just wasn?t exactly pleased with the reference to Obi-Wan as well. She?d never imagined her husband going against the Emperor. Obi-Wan had defeated the Sith Lord on Naboo, but he had had Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn at his side. Qui-Gon had been a supreme fighter?and so was Anakin?but the Jedi Master had not once been an apprentice of the evilest man in the galaxy.

The handmaiden found Obi-Wan?s face passive. She narrowed her eyes. ?And what else?? she asked tightly.

?Anakin and I must go alone. You cannot not accompany us.?

8. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    It's time for the big confrontation...

Poor Ami and Sabé... they're going to be left behind... Well, they could find something to do to be useful... They're quite resourseful when it comes to that... :p

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, this post turned out nothing like how I'd planned. In fact, within the first paragraph, my plot changed at least 3 times. It completely rerouted what I was going to do, but maybe it had something to do with the will of the Force ;)

Chapter Fifteen

Tatooine glowed bright and dusty against the black velvet curtain of space. The twin suns glared angrily at the slowly rotating sphere, as if punishing the planet for some long forgotten sin. Like fleas leaving a hairless carcass, hyperspace trails marked fleeing ships. Once, Anakin had been on such a ship, rocketing away from the wasteland to a galaxy full of adventure and danger. He had returned to free his mother from the clutches of slavery, and her memory was still as vivid to him now as it had been all those years ago. Now, he was merely passing the planet while the navicomputer reworked the map of stars before they were once again washed in the haven of hyperspace.

Obi-Wan had once again pulled another ?friend? from his sleeve. Friar Delani ?owed? the Jedi a deed, and his sanctuary planet of Valaska was untainted by the Empire. The convent would be safe for their family.

?What are you thinking?? Padmé asked softly, tentatively touching his shoulder.

Anakin turned away from the viewport, uncomfortable with the rolling emotions inside of him. //I cannot lose control now// he told himself firmly. At Padmé?s inquiring gaze, he forced a smile on his face and walked away from the turret and back towards the pilot cabin where Obi-Wan had nearly completed the coordinates. He opened his mouth to speak to his wife when a gush of cold air bit through his warm robe and tunics. It was if icy fingers had sank razor sharps nails of ice into his chest, melting without warming inside the cavity of his body.

He didn?t realize he?d hit the floor until Padmé shrieked and shook him roughly.

But he was not aware of her, nor the sharp buck of the ship as it turned on its starboard side to deviate away from its present course. Without needing a viewport, he knew that they were caught in an Imperial tractor beam or interdictor field. He hadn?t seen the Star Destroyer orbiting the planet, but he?d known there would be at least one or two patrolling smugglers on the spice lanes in the area. Cold dread filled what warm spaces of his body he had left, and he knew that the Emperor had expected them to return to Tatooine.

And was waiting for them.

The cruel chuckle began at his toes, shattering the frozen bone as it grew louder and louder, becoming a deafening roar in his ears.

Then everything went black.

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

The cold only prickled his skin. Inside, he was burning a furious fever while his skin was like frozen ash. As when awaking to sudden awareness of material after years of being trapped by the tight restriction of his body suit, Anakin felt the harsh scratching of a blanket covering his body. His mouth and throat were dry and his eyelids felt like giant, black sand dunes after a paticularly violent storm. He sucked in a cold breath of air, coughing and moaning as his lungs protested the sudden movement.

?Oh, good.?

The voice was soft and growling, belonging to a Wookie who was capable of Basic tongue. The words were slurred and mixed with unwanted rrr?s, but Anakin could easily understand the kind concern through the thick fog surrounding him. Sluggish, he grappled with the Force, which was generally eager to respond to him. Almost reluctantly, his new friend seeped into his worn being, filling him with sudden assurance and warmth like a soft blanket.

Strength rapidly returned, along with the stark awareness that his surroundings were familiar . . . frighteningly familiar.

?NOOOOOOO!?

Anakin?s eyes snapped open and he lept to his feet, hand moving for his lightsaber even as he kicked over the metal tray beside the medical bed and ripped the drip vein from his arm and saw red blood course down his skin. With sickening realization, he realized that he was naked and unarmed. Frantically, he

10. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Ooh, two posts in one day. Cool! Exciting, Ami - can't wait to see where this ends up.

11. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Good Posts!!!!!

I hope the escape pod with "no life signs" arrives safely to it's destination!!!

Ok, Obi-Wan and Anakin, It's time to take that madman down!!!!!!!

12. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh WOW! :D I finally got to catch up today. Oh WOW Oh WOW oh WOW!!
    I absolutely adore all of the great scenes with the kids you wrote, and baby Tae is a ton of fun! Seeing the changes Anakin goes through is much appreciated, too often writers seem to skip such important character development, I'm glad we need never fear that from you, Amidolee! :) These two new posts are driving me balistic, I don't know how I survived without this...
    Summer hurry up and get here so Amidolee can write tons!

13. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
  14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This post isn't very long, but I think it's fairly decent. :) There was a lightning storm (very pretty) last night that kept me from the computer. Not to mention those lil kids who wanted rockets, soccer balls, and race cars painted on their faces!

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

The schematics of the Destroyer had been imprinted in Amidala?s mind from her obsessive study of blueprints during her imprisonment with Vader. Obi-Wan, in the few seconds they?d had during their capture, had extracted as much as he could from her mind, admiring the former queen for her unwavering cooperation and bravery. Even he, a full-fledged Knight and Jedi for decades, still hesitated before succumbing to such a breach in mind shields. If he?d wanted, he could have taken very personal thoughts and memories from her mind and she would have been powerless to stop him. No matter how close you were to someone or trusted them with your life, there was still a protectiveness over your deepest, darkest secrets and desires. Obi-Wan knew there were layers inside of him that not even he wanted to acknowledge.

With a faint imprint of the ship?s levels and chambers in his mind, Obi-Wan had found refuge in a storage chamber that could be transformed into a trash compactor. At some point, on a regular schedule, the ruined parts, machinery, droids, and waste would be jettisoned into space before the Destroyer entered hyperspace. Obi-Wan had quickly learned the schedule and stayed close to the vent that was his escape route.

It?d been exhausting to constantly use the Force to sense the ship?s stage of flight, the movement of beings nearby, checking over his dormant family stowed away in the Falcon, and keeping vigil over Anakin. With some satisfaction, he?d overheard that the escape pod had been vaporized. The Imperials believed all other passengers had died aboard the tiny capsule and were ignorant of the hibernating refugees.

More likely than not, the Falcon would be sold to either a dealer or on the black-market to smugglers. Obi-Wan was banking that soon whatever fate awaited them would come, and either he would be dead, or he would be awakening his wife and daughter from their peaceful slumber.

The faint vibration through the wall signaled another compacting/dumping session. Groaning, Obi-Wan climbed the meter into the vent and waited. I?m getting old, he thought grumpily. He hated admitting to weakness or injury, but he was hungry, exhausted, and had gone nearly thirty hours without sleep. He couldn?t lose his connection with his family and apprentice, but being on the brink of collapse wouldn?t help him when things became serious.

As the walls began to groan and grind, Obi-Wan felt his eyes grow heavy. Suddenly, the will to stay awake no matter what evaporated. His eyes closed and in moments he was in a deep sleep.

Several hours later, he was jolted sharply awake by Anakin?s call through the Force. It sent his pulse racing at such a rate he clutched his chest and moaned. After several painful moments, the panic drained and the Force moved at a much more normal pace. Breathing deeply, Obi-Wan quickly submersed himself in the flow and found Anakin?barely. His apprentice was only subtly using the Force, as if knowing he would be detected if he wielded it as he used to. His Padawan was injured, but not fatally. A small shred of grim fear clung to him, but the calming knowledge that he wasn?t alone settled over the younger man.

Obi-Wan was not certain if Palpatine could sense him; he certainly could not sift through the Force to find the Sith. The elusive manner of the evil religion had never been fully understood, but Obi-Wan was reluctantly certain that Palpatine knew where Anakin was, and that his apprentice would be tormented.

I won?t let Anakin fall again.

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    uppers?

16. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  17. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Wonderful posts.

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
  19. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Hey, Obi - no sleeping on the job! You must go kick Palpy's butt!

Nice, Ami - can't wait to see what's next! I do hope the Ani gets the privilege of doing the Benihana chef routine on Palpy.

20. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Silly me! [face_blush] I thought the families were in the escape pod!! That wouldn't have been too smart would it?

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I just spent 2 hours writing the long first post of the battle stuff, so that'll be posted before I go to work tomorrow. I hope to have the second part written tonight or Saturday.

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - -

I?ll never complain about undisciplined stormtroopers again, Anakin thought wryly as he gazed down through the vent at the drunk, hung-over new recruits below him. Six young men, in their off-duty uniform, were slouched in their chairs. No trooper was as tall as Anakin, but at the moment, he would almost settle for a dress. It was cold in the ventilation ducts.

He dropped silently to the floor, pausing to smile at the unconscious fools. Stormtroopers had a strict discipline, but there were times when the young ones seemed to forget their precious training and would either drink or womanize while on leave. It didn?t surprise them that these blokes had risked being caught. If he?d been in those uniforms and constantly harassed by . . . himself . . . he would probably indulge a bit as well.

Moving swiftly and silently, he accessed the small closet trunk at the foot of one bed. He pulled on the coverall uniform. As he straightened, he heard a large rip and felt cool air brush his skin where seams had once been. One of the troopers began to moan. There wasn?t time to find another, larger uniform. Anakin grabbed an unguarded blaster and leaped back into the shaft, closing the grate.

He?d been wandering for hours, and although he was certain than his zig-zagging path ultimately led him no where, he felt a pull from the Force. He hoped it was Obi-Wan and not Palpatine drawing him forward.

Anakin!

The mental call was concerned, relieved, and extremely tired. Anakin smiled with relief, feeling his bruised knees weaken as he switched directions and headed for what he knew was his Master. Breathing heavily, he came upon a sliding gate that was firmly shut. Master? he whispered, using the smallest possible amount of the Force.

I?m here. Wait.

So he waited. Patience had never been Anakin?s strength, and while he could deal with his lack thereof, the fact that he was exhausted, strained, afraid, and anxious to see his Master didn?t help any. It was nearly twenty minutes before the door suddenly slid open and a sweaty, exhausted Obi-Wan shuffled inside the duct. Anakin scrunched his nose at the aroma.

?You hid in the garbage??

Obi-Wan narrowed his sapphire eyes, a slight smirk crossing his rugged face. ?You look quite fashionable yourself.? He gave Anakin a quick hug before stepping back. His voice was serious and low as he spoke, ?How are things??

Anakin licked his lips before answering. Somehow, it still felt like he was the naïve student under Obi-Wan?s tutelage and he was under some sort of test. Only this test could be the final one, his Trial, his fate?and that of the galaxy. There was no holding back because of pride, only being honest with himself. He?d never been good at that. ?He wanted me back in the mask, Master. I woke up and escaped, but he was going to put me back in the mask!?

The tremble in Anakin?s voice betrayed the fear he had been trying to shake. Obi-Wan?s eyes were compassionate as he waited for the Chosen One to continue. ?I think he wanted me to escape, though. A Wookiee slave helped me. Anyway, I think he?s tracking me, so I?ve used as little of the Force as possible.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?I thought as much.?

Anakin shifted. ?What do we do now??

?Find the Emperor and do what we must.?

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

Once united, the Force seemed to multiply and practically drag the two Jedi to the Emperor?s throne room.

The cold that Anakin had experienced in the throne room began to creep in around him with every step he took. When the Force told him that they must no longer hide, Anakin stepped out into a busy corridor. No one glanced at the Jedi, seeming to flow right past them without hesitation. The corridor grew quiet and almost dark as they past the security and reception before finding themselves rocketing in a turbolift to the Emperor?s quarters.

His toes became numb and his skin prickled as if tiny ice needles were constantly jabbing hi

23. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    OMG...

Great post, Ami - your Palpy is truely evil! I got chills reading about the way he tortured Padme and disabled Obi-Wan.

Control yourself, Ani - you can win!

24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Was that just a vision that evil Palps gave
    Anakin or did he really have his family?

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You'll just have to wait, won't you? :p

Seriously, guys, I've got to rant. Plug your ears if you must, but I've got to blow off steam!

Okay. Turns out I've got Force powers. Why do I know this? Because I telepathically broke the roasters at Sparky's (where I work) from 6 miles away! Yes, I'm talented, I know.

I worked last Friday. The roasters were working fine, but one started to smoke. Rich, the co-boss, said it needed to be cleaned, so we didn't work it. About Tuesday at school, Erin, who's a friend and waitress there, tells me that Jean (the other co-boss) says I broke the roaster. Erin also pointed out that, oh, gee they were working Saturday but not Sunday. And they worked Wednesday on. Guess what? They cleaned them, and then they started working! Go figure!

Go into work tonight. Guess what? Jean tells me that the roasters weren't working all week, that it was my fault, and they just got fixed. Also . . . I got nicely laid off, fired, kicked out.

On top of that. My car broke down just at the border of town and I had to walk to work.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll write until tomorrow unless you want a very tragic ending!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.