main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA A Request for Donations

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Once again, it's time for my school's annual Fall Carnival on October 25. Which means, it's also time for me to have another fund raiser for my library.

For those of you that I haven't whined to, let me tell you about my budget. The last two years the district has given a whopping $600 to fund the library for the year. With that, I'm supposed to buy books, office supplies and pay the yearly $400 subscription to the card catalog program all of the schools use. Hmmmm. That's why my fund raising is so important.

Due to your generous donations last year, my SW raffle baskets brought in almost $200 and I appreciate every cent of that!!!

So, once again I'm asking for donations of any SW items you might be willing to part with for a good cause. Little or big, it doesn't matter, everything is appreciated and helps out greatly!

If you have something you'd like to donate, please bring it to the meeting on the 11th.

You guys are the best!!! [:D]

2. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Kari- I'll contribute. Just give me a call and we'll work it all out.

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I can help as well :)

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks to both of you! [:D]

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Next time I'm at Target..which is like, almost every day, I'll pick something up.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Regarding the Carnival:

Sandy, the Falcon is all signed up! Thanks for doing this!

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If you're planning on coming to the carnival, they've just started doing pre-sale tickets. Here are the prices:

All day wristband - covers all games, but not jail, cake walk or food. $10 pre-carnival and $15 the day of.

Tickets (covers food, cake walk and games) For every $5 worth purchased you get $1 free. This is pre-carnival. None free on the day of.

If anybody would like me to purchase any of the above for you before the carnival, just let me know. You can pay me back on Saturday.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Another small detail for the carnival on Saturday... the school address:

9542 Wilson Ranch Road
    Phelan, CA 92371

It's very simple to get to and there's even a stop light at Wilson Ranch Rd. Mapquest and Google will both take you by way of 138. If you don't like that Hwy, you can come all the way up the 15 and get off at the 395. Either way is good. Let me know if anybody needs better directions.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    A meal is going to be $2.50 worth of tickets (10 tickets). That includes a burger and drink. Not sure if chips are included or not. I think a hot dog meal is $2.00.

We always do a raffle. Each class has a basket. Several of the classes have their baskets done and sitting in the office. As usual, they're amazing!!!! There are baking, family fun night, winter (with Mt High lift passes), art, bath and body, Star Wars and Starbucks (guess who's that one is?). Most are worth $200 to $300.

Minda, I took some pictures of my vendor/booth area and will try to remember to post them tonight.

10. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks Kari,
    I will PM you later about what tickets I need.
    Are you allowed to have more stuff to raffle?
    Thanks for your help and I hope you are having a peaceful week...
    Hugs!
    Minda

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    There's no limit on what's in each basket. If there's enough schtuff, I can even break it down to two baskets. Although, a really big one might be more eye-catching and appealing. That translates into more raffle tickets (dollars) for my basket.

The library gets a $1 for each raffle ticket put towards my basket. All the rest goes into the general school VIPA (PTA) fund. I had to fight for that.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda, here are the pictures of the outside area of the library:

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Library001.jpg]
    This is the front of the library.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Library002.jpg]
    Between my library and the office. The coffee booth goes there.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Library005.jpg]
    The whole area. I don't get to use it all. That's a very busy area during the carnival!

Hope this helps.

Besides my own EZ-Up, another one of my moms is bringing one. It's supposed to be in the upper 80's, so they'll be needed.

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    We will be there with the banner. Hopefully around 8a.m. How long is the carnival? My daughter wanted to know who happens to live in Hesperia. We will bring along our EZ up, too. Not sure how much we should spend on everything, yet. See you all later.

14. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I won't be able to visit you guys, sorry. I've got my little cousin's B-Day party to attend. Hopefully next time.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sandy, I'm not sure of the car show hours. The gate opens at 8 and that's about all I know. The judging doesn't start that early, though. I hope to be there before 7:00. If I shoot for 6:00, I should be there by 7:00. Sad, but true.

16. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Kari!
    We had such a good time today. Thank you for the invite. Bill & Sandy, it was so nice to see you.
    Bill NO thanks for throwing me in jail!!! But a BIG thanks for offering to bail me out, lol! Baylee was a bit tramatized, but it was fun.
    I'll post pictures... soon... before the end of the year.... maybe....
    Not many, but we did have a great time.
    Thanks,
    Minda

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda, I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you did for me and the library!! As you know, I can get quite overwhelmed. The day would have been so much more difficult and overwhelming without you. It was great to be able to visit with all of you, too!

Sandy and Bill, thank you for taking the time to come up and display the Falcon. Seriously, I'm really, really upset that you didn't win a trophy! The kids seem to really enjoy it and if they had a vote, I have no doubt that the Falcon would have won first place! I'm sorry I didn't get to spend any time with you and the girls, but I really needed to stay around my booth.

To everyone that donated something to my raffle basket... [:D] ! The library made $150 on it.

I can't express how much I appreciate the support you wonderful people give me and my library. It really means so much to me! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!!

18. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Oh Kari,

I emptied the car out today and i forgot to pack the box of books I wanted. They are all the old books. The Jean Foster books. I thought I had put them in the car, but I obviously hadn't. Any chance you could save them for me?
    Thank you!
    Minda

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I wrote myself a note and will try to find them tomorrow. Lisa is coming first thing in the morning to get some of the children's books for a teacher friend. I'll let her know and between the two of them, we should find them. I've got somebody coming to get them tomorrow. Freecycle!

20. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    =D= I'm glad to hear all went well with your carnival and awesome with the $150 for the library, that's great!

21. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Kari, we were more than thrilled to be there. It is OK that we didn't win a trophy, we do it for fun. Bill had a good time talking with the other car show guys. He always has fun when he can put on his costume. The girls had lots of fun. They were happy to win a fish, but Brittany's fish died by the end of the night. Oh well. The other one is just fine. So happy to hear about the raffle. It was a very good one. Glad to help out so much. Minda and girls, it was so wonderful to see you again. We were glad you were there to help Kari out.
    After the show we went to our oldest daughters home and visited with the grandkids. Surprising they were pretty well behaved. Bill ended up getting a power nap in because he was so tired after the show and got plenty of sun. Great for him that the kids left him alone for a while. We had a good time.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda, I found the box of books and they're behind my desk. I'll take them home and hold on to them until we see each other again.

23. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Thank you so much!!!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.