main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Slip of the Tongue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PonyTricks, Aug 5, 2013.

1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This is a short one-shot, based on the fact I just finished 'Crucible'. If you haven't read it yet, you might want to skip this story, as it contains spoilers.

---

A Slip of the Tongue - AU

He had no real self-awareness for what seemed like an eternity. It all began, oddly enough, with his reflection, and dim memories. Or perhaps it was nothing more than a series of strange dreams. He thought he saw himself as an old man, standing in a mirror, looking back with an expression of pity and disgust.

It was shortly after this bizarre dream that reality set in with loud explosions and his cylinder prison was shattered. He ended up lying on the floor, in a puddle of some green nutrient goop. Was this gooey stuff bacta? Had he been injured? Dozens of dead bodies were scattered around, and blaster fire could be heard from outside this … medical room? He struggled to his feet, dazed and confused. Something told him that he needed clothes, so he located a white sheet and tied it around his waist. It was difficult to walk through the shattered dura-glass without sustaining injury to his bare feet, and several times he cut his soles as he hurriedly exited the chamber, away from the noise and stench of the fighting.

He knew he needed to escape. He knew, without understanding quite why, that he would be killed if anyone saw him. He made his way through a tangle of hallways and corridors, and stumbled upon two women. They were badly injured, although one female was assisting the other into a strange looking space ship.

The less injured one turned toward him, her eyes as dark and cold as a black hole. “What are YOU doing here?” she demanded to know.

“Just kill him,” the other, dark-haired female hissed. She waved down at her injury. “He did this to me!”

The man was surprised at the accusation. “I did not.” His own voice startled him, for until this moment he couldn’t recall having ever spoken.

The blonde suddenly laughed. “No, I don’t believe you did.”

“Where are you going?” the man asked, the urgent need to escape propelling him. “Will you take me with you?”

“No, we’re not,” the dark-haired woman snapped. “Go space yourself.”

“Yes, we will,” the blonde spoke in opposition.

“Have you lost it?” the first woman asked, her face scowling in disbelief. “Do you know what this is?”

“Of course I do, Gev,” the blonde replied as she stepped to one side. “Welcome aboard my Ship. I’m sure we’ll all be the very best of friends.”

“Do you know who I am?” he asked, entering the strange vessel.

“Certainly. Everyone knows you. You are the famous Han Solo,” said Savara Raine.

He pointed to the dark-haired woman. “Why did she call me ‘what’ instead of ‘who’?”

“A slip of the tongue,” Raine assured him. “It was only a slip of the tongue.”

THE END

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! Very nice. I want my very own Han Solo. Forget creepy Leia, give me sexy Han. :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi PonyTricks. Excellent details and emotional aspects of belligerence from Raine's compatriot and confusion and mental fog from Han =D=

4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Very interesting idea....

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    - Me, too! Thanks for reading! :D

- Ah, but it's not really Han! [face_hypnotized]

- One of the main thoughts that went through my head after finishing the book was "what if the Han biot survived?" [face_thinking] So I couldn't resist this little AU.