main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Time For Comfort - Obi-Wan Episode 2/3 POV - One Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Renton Kenobi, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    A Time For Comfort
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: George Lucas owns star Wars and no copyright infringement is intended. There is a line in the story that I took from The Two Towers, owned by J.R.R. Tolkien, no copyright infringement is intended there either.

Summary: General Obi-Wan Kenobi stumbles across an item that he thought had been lost long ago.

Rating: PG

Feedback: Of course elbereth1984@sbcglobal.net or if you would be so kind as to write a review I would appreciate it.

Dedication: To Obi The Kid and all the other awesome Star Wars fanfic writers out there.

Note: There is a quote taken from the film The Two Towers. The actual line is: So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate? I just switched the men to Jedi.

I always wondered Master, what would you make of this war? Would you find this a noble cause? Find it a fight worth fighting for? As the years go by I grow weary from this war and begin to question my true purpose in it.

Since that fateful day on Naboo so much has changed, I have changed. Could you even recognize me? If I were to join the Force today, would you be there to welcome me? Or would you pass me up, mistaking me for a stranger. I was once so bold, so cocky; there was nothing I couldn?t handle. But as more and more Jedi die, I begin to realize this truth:

The Jedi aren?t invincible.

I know it is naive to think that we were. But it baffles me how quickly the cards stacked up against us. There has been so much death and violence within these past two years; friends that I have had since my years in the chreché have died. Just yesterday I buried Bant, the one constant presence in my life has left. Then today I received news of Garen?s death on Yavin 4. So much death. What can Jedi do against such reckless hate? And I am afraid that everything that has happened has hardened me too much. At Bant?s funeral I couldn?t cry for her. I couldn?t cry for my best friend. Jedi aren?t supposed to show emotion, Force knows how many times I have been told that in my life. But you always encouraged me to embrace my emotions, to not be afraid of what made me human. Now I have become something you strived for me not to be: an emotionless Jedi.

As I sit on my bed I wonder where I will be in a year?s time. Will this war be done? Can the Jedi rebound enough to assume their position as peacekeepers of the galaxy? All these questions race through my head. But I fear that more death, more hatred, and more fear are on the horizon for me; and I will be powerless to stop the darkness that is coming.

Anakin is the one to bring balance to the Force. But Anakin has become more distant to me over the past few months. No matter how hard I try, Anakin keeps slipping farther and farther away from me. If he is to bring balance, how is he supposed to do it with the tendrils of the dark side I feel growing within him?

Looking in the nightstand drawer I shuffle a few of the papers around when I hit something cold and smooth. Grasping it, I pull it out of the drawer and a breath catches in my throat.

It is the stone you gave me on my 13th birthday.

Rubbing its surface I can still feel the warmth of the force that resided in the stone. I thought I had lost this years ago. I never told you that because I never wanted to upset you; though I suspect you wouldn?t have been surprised if I did loose the stone. Laying back on the bed I keep the stone clinched in my hand as I look up to the ceiling. The stone continues to send warm tendrils through my body and for the first time in a long time I feel tears sting my eyes. My grip becomes tighter around the rock I realize how much I have missed you. What I wouldn?t give to have some of your advice right now. There isn?t anything in the world compared to the security I felt when you were with me. I need someone, someone to lean on. Would you do that for me? Would you be there for me?

As these thoughts race through my mind the stone in my hand becomes warmer as I ask these questions.

And it is then I realize, you haven?t gone,

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved this. You truly captured the pain and despair of war. I loved how the stone gave him comfort.

3. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Hurray! A response! :D Thank you, I may do more on this if this gets a well enough response. But thank you for your review! :D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! You captured Obi-Wan's emotions very well. You wove a moving picture for the reader. Great job!

5. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I saw this at ff.n too and I think I left a reply there but I will up this little viggie for you here.

Very nicely written and so sad. Do write more. :)

~Jedikma

6. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Very beautiful! I loved the part about Obi-Wan not being able to cry, it was just so true.

Wondeful job!

I'm glad to see you posting again. More to come?

-Krystal

7. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Thanks for such wonderful responses you guys!

This story was just a one-shot deal. However, since you guys have given me such a great response to this I am considering writing a longer piece of General Obi Angst. ;)

If you guys would like to read another story which is longer and still in progress I urge you to hop to the Before the Saga thread and read "Secrets Kept." It is an AU story set during the Jedi Apprentice years centering around Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and an original character who has a huge tie to one of the two guys. But you must read it to find out what it is!

Thanks for the support.

-Renton Kenobi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.