main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN AdventureCon Knoxville June 4, 5, & 6??????????????????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
  2. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Looks like a weird mix of someone from Kiss, Chucky, and Pennywise...

Actually, it also reminds me of Papa Lazarou (a character from a very surreal TV show here).

You're my wife now!

[image=http://www.comedydatabase.co.uk/log/wallpaper/papalaz_800x600.jpg]

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You Brits are WIERD! No, wait, isn't that Prince Mongo..?

4. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    What a fanfriggintastic time!!

Firstly, for a 6 hour trip to and fro it was fairly quick, that's cause it's easier when travelling with your best friend and having good conversation. And it's like putting a cherry on the weekend when you get to spend time with your friends and their children!

So, I'm there mainly because the Palisades Toys company (www.palisadestoys.com) was going to have a booth there and I wanted to meet some folks (ended up meeting good guy Travis Allen and buying another Mega Camilla the Chicken {available only on their site and I'm mentioned on the back of the box--you know me and my love slaves}). I also bought all of Series One Pink Panter action figures, and the website exclusive "Blown Up Inspector Clouseau."

THEN I found out that Anthony Daniels was going to be there, which was cool and I discovered him to be an AWESOME AWESOME Super nice guy!!

On top of everything, you all know my obsession with Ghostbusters, right? Well, Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore, the sane Ghostbuster) was there, as was Felix Silla, the original Cousin Itt from the tv series The Addams Family!

It was awesome! The 501st folks were really nice to Stabbo and Muley, and we left there and drove down the strips of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg with Muley hanging out of the window yakkin' it up with strangers. I think he took candy from a few of them...against their will.

The haunts were great, and everyone everywhere was super nice!

Pics will be up soon at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule

:)

5. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Cool pics Kevin!!! I wished I could have gone with you guys and met all the cool starwars people!!

John

6. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    You were there with us in our hearts, John.

It was a cold place to be, too, wasn't it?

*Heavy, Darth Vader breathing...*
    Cold Hearts...open to the dark side of the force?

Nah, Anthony Daniels'll keep ya from it!

7. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    It was good to run into good ole' Lin again and to finally meet the Mule. Wait a minute, was Mule the Ghostbuster at MSC or was that someone else? Whatever, it was good to see some of the SMT brethern once again. This show was chocked full of celebs, toys, cards, comics, and stormtroopers. Who could ask for anything more? This show was certainly worth the trip (gas in Cookeville was only $1.79) and if you didn't go you really missed something special.

While many of the celebs were invited to the 501st party Saturday night, only Felix Silla showed up and stayed most of the night. David Prowse forgot all about the party :oops: and paid for it by being tormented by the little league team that was staying on his floor. Cindy Morgan (Tron, Caddyshack) turns out to be a big 501st fan and said she would have been to the party if she'd known it was us making all that racket. :D [face_clown]

Hope to see more of you at DragonCon!

8. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Thanks to all of you who came out. I am sure I met some if not most of you that came out (I was one of the girls behind the TSWCG booth) I had so much fun! Good seeing you!

9. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Wait a minute, was Mule the Ghostbuster at MSC or was that someone else?
    ------------------------------------------
    That was me, Kevin, in the Ghostbusters' uniform. Muley was the little Mule.

The 501st has a BUNCHA folks, don't it?! Wooo!

But, SMT has a big ol' movie screen!

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    SMT represent!

I was really impressed with the show, and really impressed with the quick lines and that the airconditioning worked!

I dug seeing all the clone troopers! I want that armor! I also want to be able to fit in the armor! I thought the black stormtrooper armor and snowtrooper were cool, loved the Padme costume, and it was cool to see the superhero costumes running around. Zach- I noticed a couple SG-1 folks, too!

Won't be down for DragonCon...too much other running around this year. Did HauntCon and AdventureCon back to back, and I've got Metropolis this weekend, then Ohio State Festival of Cartoon Art in October. Hope to make it and SanDiego one year- I'm having to pass on it this year as well. I'd love to see the opening parade DragonCon! Oh, did notice the cheaper gas and made sure to top off the tank on our way home.

So tell me, any belly dancers at this party and did Felix/Twiki bust-a-move?!

For those of you who missed it, more pics-

try these from the jawa

or Stabbo and friends

or Alabama syndicate

or Scruff's.

*Kev- there are a few shots of your Palisades buds on the Jawa or AL sites, one shot in line for AD's autograph.

11. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Thanks for sharing those links, Linard. I'll post an email to Travis, too.

Wish I were able to go to Superman, but I'm on $20.00 in the bank right now until next thursday with about 5 bills needing to go out.

Kev

12. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Looking at the Alabama Syndicate, and there's this photo of a Stormtrooper with a JarJar head...HILARIOUS!

We need to get TimC a metal hand, though.

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll keep an eye out for one of those old toy 'grabber' hand extentions. If I make any slider gloves I could easily fashion one similar to Anakin's on top of a black glove...

I also need to do smoe new hand extentions for the klown. I like the ones I have for in the haunt- they're easy to put on/take off and VERY durable, but I'd like some that I can move for going out in public. It would freak folks out to be able to shake hands or pick stuff up!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It looks like y'all had a great time, Lin and Kevin. I'm blown away by the celebrity lineup. Tanya Roberts??? Kate Jackson??? Damn. Throw Linda Carter or Jacquelyn Smith in there and I'd be kicking myself. (Or tell me that Tanya was strutting around in her Sheena costume.....)

And Ernie Hudson should be pushing Oil of Olay. The man hasn't changed at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.