main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT After Yoda and Mace, Who Is #3?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I considered Quinlan, Luminara and Aayla, but Saesee and Agen were considered two of the best swordsman in the Jedi Order. Agen also owned Quinlan in a duel once, so that stopped me putting him on. Plus I was just focusing on the time during the PT, not anything that happened after, otherwise Quinlan might've made it on. But then again, Shaak's duel with Starkiller sort of made me put her at #5.

2. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hello again! Now not that I'm being fussy BUT what about K'Krukkh? Considering he survived well into the Galactic Triumviate (though he probably might not be as old as Master Yoda but that's another story then) ... or I forgot to add perhaps even Yaddle had she not died? Or even Evan Piell? Or Oppo Rancis? Or Rahm Kota?

Or surprisingly - Sora Bulq? That is considering he WAS A JEDI once and well he helped Mace Windu develop Vaapad although he was 'mastered by it....' or even Prong Krell? Putting aside the Dark Side he got immersed in ...

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yaddle, Even and Oppo didn't do enough to put them as one of the greatest Jedi of their time. I didn't actually think of Rahm, because I was only considering the Jedi from the PT, since that's what the original post was about. Otherwise, he'd be #5. K'Kruhk, Sora and Pong would be about the same as Saesee and Agen. This is just what I think anyway.

4. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    In terms of authority, I'd go with Ki-Adi Mundi as the third highest ranking jedi. For force prowess/lightsaber skills, I'd go: Anakin, Yoda, and then Mace.

5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Ki-Adi-Mundi is the third highest ranking Jedi. I base this mostly off him being the only other Jedi on the council that interacts with Yoda and Mace in the prequels in terms of dialog.

6. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hello again! But with Yaddle - didn't she train Empatojayos Brand - whom well it was EU really rather than PT - yet he whom sacrificed himself to end Palpatine's schemes for good? Plus the fact Yaddle was a pretty successful negotiator at times PLUS the fact how she sacrificed herself to protect Naatan and the Mawan peoples from a deadly chemical weapon ...

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Darthman1992

Darthman1992 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2011
    Well, after those two Ki-Adi-Mundi was the one who got to talk the most. So...make of that what you will I guess. :D

8. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I would choose Obi-Wan as number one with Yoda and Mace joint second.

My choice is not based on power or skill but on being a balanced, centred, all-round Jedi. For me that's always going to be Obi-Wan.

I see Yoda, while being absolutely brilliant, as being slightly hampered by his focus on directing the Jedi order as a whole and his adherance to the Universal Force. I feel he would have been the best if he had practiced just a little more the way of the Living Force as taught by Qui-Gon.

With Mace, like Yoda I thought he was brilliant but had, perhaps one weakness (and one which he was aware of) his tendancy to anger and aggression. One of the things which makes him wonderful in my eyes is that he is aware of this and not only manages himself knowing this information, but uses it positively in the development if Vaa'pad. Still it puts him a little lower than Obi-Wan from my point fo view.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yoda
    Mace
    Ki Adi Mundi
    Obi Wan
    Anakin

10. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Plo Koon. Dude deserves his own movie.

11. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    In terms of power, Anakin in definitely number 3, although we know he had the potential to outdo Mace and Yoda. As for as command/Jedi affairs, I would probably say Obi-Wan or Ki-Adi Mundi.

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Dooku if he stayed a Jedi

as it is I'd say Obi-Wan

don't know enough about Plo Koon or Ki adi to know, they don't exactly do much in the PT :p

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    yeah, but look how Master Tiin was taken out :p

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Surprise attack maybe? Could be that if Palpatine had picked Mace as his first target, it would have been Mace that went down and Saesee that fought him to a standstill.

The novelization certainly emphasised the sneakiness of Palpatine's actions - showing a rather different start to the battle.

A fountain of amethyst energy burst from Mace Windu's fist. "Don't try to resist."
    The song of his blade was echoed by green fire from the hands of Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin. Kolar and Tiin closed on Palpatine, blocking the path to the door. Shadows dripped and oozed color, weaving and coiling up office walls slipping over chairs, spreading along the floor.
    "Resist? How could I possibly resist?" Still seated at the desk Palpatine shook an empty fist helplessly, the perfect image of a tired, frightened old man. "This is murder, you Jedi traitors! How can I be any threat to you?"
    He turned desperately to Saesee Tiin. "Master Tiin—you're the telepath. What am I thinking right now?"
    Tiin frowned and cocked his head. His blade dipped. A smear of red-flashing darkness hurtled from behind the desk.
    Saesee Tiin's head bounced when it hit the floor.
    Smoke curled from the neck, and from the twin stumps of the horns, severed just below the chin.
    Kit Fisto gasped, "Saesee!"
    The headless corpse, still standing, twisted as its knees buckled, and a thin sigh escaped from its trachea as it folded to the floor.
    "It doesn't..." Agen Kolar swayed.
    His emerald blade shrank away, and the handgrip tumbled from his opening fingers. A small, neat hole in the middle of his forehead leaked smoke, showing light from the back of his head.
    "... hurt..."
    He pitched forward onto his face, and lay still.
    Palpatine stood at the doorway, but the door stayed shut. From his right hand extended a blade the color of fire.
    The door locked itself at his back.
    "Help! Help!" Palpatine cried like a man in desperate fear for his life. "Security—someone! Help me! Murder! Treason!"
    Then he smiled.
    He held one finger to his lips, and, astonishingly, he winked.
    In the blank second that followed, while Mace Windu and Kit Fisto could do no more than angle their lightsabers to guard, Palpatine swiftly stepped over the bodies back toward his desk, reversed his blade, and drove it in a swift, surgically precise stab down through his desktop.
    He let it burn its way free through the front, then he turned, lifting his weapon, appearing to study it as one might study the face of a beloved friend one has long thought dead. Power gathered around him until the Force shimmered with darkness.
    "If you only knew," he said softly, perhaps speaking to the Jedi Masters, or perhaps to himself, or perhaps even to the scarlet blade lifted now as though in mocking salute, "how long I have been waiting for this..."

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It was the cone headed jedi who died on Mygeeto

17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Ki Adi Mundi is my #3.

I don't think it's a coincidence that on one side of Yoda sits Mace and on the other side sits Ki Adi.

18. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    In terms of experience, probably Plo Koon, Ki-Adi, or Obi-Wan.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    We don't actually know how much experience each Jedi on the Council has in the canonverse, but in the EU Ki-Adi had only just been appointed to the High Council in TPM, whereas Plo Koon had been on it quite a bit longer.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.