main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh that was great! Loved Valik's witty wit! ;) hehehehe of course it's a Corellian thing! *snrk*

Great job!! But... is he gonna be ok?? hehehe Valik is sooo cooooool ;) Hmmm glad he took the paper, hopefully we'll discover juz what that was! G'night Aurra! hehehe or should I say... g'bye? hehehe

2. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    That was great!

Go Valik! Kick her ass!

I hope both Valik and Obi-Wan will be okay-I love them both!

Ooooo...a mysterious piece of paper...

Can't wait for more!

3. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Glad you guys liked.

Aren't you guys all dying to know what it all means? [face_mischief]

Up!

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeppers sure am ;) but hoping Valik will be ok though :D

5. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Where's everybody else? I know it's been like 4 months, but isn't that all the more reason to jump all over this awesome post! Maybe just keeping it up will fix the problem.

6. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  7. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  8. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    I started writing the next post!!!

9. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  10. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Something tickled inside Valik Trace?s mind.

Trace!

Valik moaned inside his head. Shut up.

Trace, please wake up!

He obeyed the batting inside his brain, and opened heavy eyelids to the sore sight of Obi-Wan?s worried face and bandaged head. Valik took his time focusing on the Knight?s tortured face and battered body. When he finally managed to stop the spots clouding his vision, he attempted to let out a low whistle at the poor state of his friend. His throat only allowed for a slight lisping sound between his lips that turned to ragged coughing. The Jedi at his side placed a bruised and bloodied hand on his shoulder and gazed down at him in concern.

Trace closed his eyes again and immediately heard Obi-Wan call for Healer Bant. The Knight shook his shoulder, and his eyes flickered open again. This time he cracked a small smile at the younger Jedi and spoke, though it was almost a whisper as far as he could tell. ?Tell me I don?t look as bad as you right now.?

Obi-Wan blinked his big blue eyes in startlement; then he started to laugh and called out Bant?s name again.

Valik tried to raise a heavy hand to his head where a pounding had just begun between his temples, but failed. It felt as though half his body was paralyzed. The rest just hurt like he?d gone though all seven Corellian hells. ?Stop your yelling,? he growled.

Bant came rushing in this time to Obi-Wan?s call. ?What?s- Oh, Master Trace, you?re awake.? She sent a scathing look in Obi-Wan?s direction, but he ignored her. She set to checking the injured Jedi?s vitals and administered some stronger sedatives, this time to keep him out for longer, despite whatever someone inside his head told him.

Obi-Wan grinned. ?Awake and ornery as ever.?

Valik flopped his head to the side, as his eyes began to glaze over with the effect of the drugs. His voice loosened to a slurred drawl. ?Wha? ya mean? ?Dis is m? fav?rit pace in da whole galaxy.?

The Master fought to keep his eyes open, but the sudden release from pain relaxed his entire body, and all he wanted to do was sleep. Before he could think of anything else, he had drifted off, leaving Obi-Wan and the Mon-Cal healer to talk.

?Did you have to do that,? Obi-Wan asked in a strained voice.

?It?s better this way. We have to put him into bacta right away.? Bant set to readying the once again unconscious Jedi Master.

?Will bacta be enough??

Bant adopted her lecturing tone. ?Initially it will repair much of the tissue damage. Internal bleeding could kill him before we can repair his ribs. So healing him will be done in stages. He?s lucky he didn?t puncture a lung, or this would be much more complicated. He?ll be in bacta for a while before we take him out to reset and mend his ribs. Then he?ll be put back in bacta until everything has had adequate time to heal completely, not all at once of course. When he?s not in bacta, he?ll be in bed.?

Obi-Wan grimaced. ?He?s not going to like bed or the bacta.?

Bant?s large eyes turned to regard him. ?That?s why I sedated him.?

The Knight looked at her sheepishly. ?Oh.?

?I suspect you won?t like it much either.?

Obi-Wan took a step backwards and held up his hands to ward her off. ?Hold on a minute. I?ve got a bump on my head and a couple scrapes. Nothing warranting a day in a bacta tank.?

Bant stared him down. ?Perhaps not, but it does mean more than a day in bed. And don?t make me sedate you like I did your friend,? she threatened, pointing a salmon-colored appendage in his face.?

He took another step back. ?Now Bant, be reasonable, Obi-Wan persisted. ?I promise I?ll rest. I can look after myself. Please, just take care of Valik right now,? he pleaded.

His longest friend?s expression softened and she touched his hand gently. ?He?ll be alright, Obi-Wan. It takes a lot to stop that old rogue.?

He nodded, and realized that such a small action required more energy than it had a few days ago. His mind drifted to thoughts of a bed and food, but there was too much else to be done first, he decided with a s

11. REALbluelightsaber

Dec 11, 2004
    That was a good post!

I hope Valik will be okay.

I wish the talk between Obi-Wan and Anakin was longer, with more meaning-and get rid of Dooku!

And it was nice to hear from Bant and the youngins.

Can't wait for more!

12. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Oh, there's more to come. It's written even... [face_mischief] But what would be the fun in posting it all at once? [face_evil]

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! he's alive! :D Though obviously pretty banged up :( poor Valik. Glad to see he's still kicking though :D hehehe

*Snrk* Obi walking back from Bant. hehehe he still hates the bacta too hehehe anything related to the healer's ward. Then again who would like a hospital? ;)

Awww how sweet of Obi talking with Anakin! Ahhh he feels the pull ;) The want to train him :D

And Aidan's words touched me too about Valik. How sweet was that? [face_love]

Can't wait for more!!

14. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Glad ya liked. You always have some of the best little side comments to read. I like the interaction of my readers on the thread. It makes me feel like I'm writing for more than just a couple semi-interested people who could take or leave my writing.

But I also hope that more people are reading and just choosing not to reply... as much as I would love them to.

So thanks for reading whoever you all may be :)

Rogue

15. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    wooo great story...took me last night and the past hour to catch up....this is very admirable writing....i look foward to reading the rest keep it up

16. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks KyleKatarn! So glad you're reading :D

17. KyleKatarn96

Nov 19, 2004
    i have this under my favorites in my web browser rogue ill b here till the end of the story

18. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    That's fabulous.

I just started typing up the next part. I'll have to finish tomorrow though, I think, since my roommate just went to bed. I don't want to keep her up with my furious typing. I'll try and be quick about it though.

Up!

19. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    I sent the post to my partner, so when she gets it betaed and back to me, I'll put it up. Probably this weekend, or very early next week :D

Meanwhile, up!

20. KyleKatarn96

Nov 19, 2004
    woo thanks for the info ill be looking for the post

21. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    it'll be up later today, I'm planning

22. KyleKatarn96

Nov 19, 2004
    awesome..im in northeast pa so ill prob be home cause of this snowstorm coming later on today

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

?Well, well, what have we here?? Count Dooku exclaimed in a deep, rich voice. He eyed Anakin, who stiffened, and the master?s slight smile melted from his face. ?Initiate Skywalker and the Vilero boy are supposed to be in Knight Fisto?s class right now,? he said, addressing Obi-Wan. ?I am here to accompany them.?

Obi-Wan fought against the urge to spit out the bad taste that Dooku produced in his mouth. ?I?ll be sure that the boys make up anything they miss in class today,? he responded.

Dooku smiled tightly. ?I?m afraid that may be a bit difficult. I have been asked to put on a demonstration of my unique lightsaber skills for the class today. It?s imperative that they attend.?

?I think that Knight Fisto will excuse them under the circumstances,? Obi-Wan replied coolly.

The Knight?s tone caused Dooku to forget calm civility. ?And what circumstances are those?? he asked in a hard voice. ?That you and that hot-head, Valik Trace, got yourselves into another big mess and just barely managed to come out alive? These boys would spend half their training in the Healer?s ward if left under your tutelage.?

Obi-Wan was seething inside, but years of Qui-Gon Jinn?s instruction had taught him to keep his outward cool in the face of insults. Anakin had no such thing holding him back, however. Thus it was that the Knight placed a warning hand on his blonde head, when he moved a step forward. It was not Anakin?s place to show anything but the most respect for a master, whether he was a slimeball or not. Still, this didn?t stop the Tatooine boy from opening his mouth, though Obi-Wan wasn?t overly horrified by the initiate?s response.

Narrowed eyes accompanied the boy?s statement, matching the angry slits in the master?s own face. ?I did admire you, Dooku. But my master?s training will be more than you ever could have offered me. Now I think you should go,? he finished.

Obi-Wan could hardly believe what he had just heard, and he found it difficult to find the words to chastise the boy?s forwardness. Yet, he heard the necessary admonishment come from his lips, though it held no severity. ?That?s enough, Anakin. You will show Master Dooku respect.?

His response was just as automatic, though unfamiliar to Obi-Wan?s ears.

?Yes, Master,? and he stepped back to the Knight?s side.

Dooku?s eyes were like daggers, and he speared them each with a glance. ?You?re all fools,? was all he said with a swish of his cape to vanish out of the ward.

When he was gone, Anakin began to tremble slightly against Obi-Wan?s side. He looked up at the Knight. ?Obi-Wan, I didn?t mean to say some of those things!? he said in a frightened voice.

Obi-Wan turned away for a moment, trying to push down the hurt that had risen up within him at Anakin?s declaration. He turned back with a sad smile. ?I see,? he replied evenly.

Anakin looked ashamed. ?I really would like to be your Padawan, and when Dooku- I mean, Master Dooku, said those things, I just couldn?t help it.?

The Knight didn?t speak, and Anakin sighed miserably, hanging is head dejectedly. ?I mean, I know you don?t want me as your Padawan anymore.?

Obi-Wan?s head, snapped around in surprise. What! Why would he think that. A second voice in his head answered his stupid question. Oh, maybe because you blow him off at every turn, never include him, barely talk to him except to chastise him. That could be it. Obi-Wan practically fell on his knees at Anakin?s level to look up into eyes beginning to water with tears.

He placed a hand under Anakin?s chin, and raised it up to meet his now earnest gaze. ?That?s not true. I never want you to think that again.? Now he sounded stern. ?I asked you to be my Padawan before, and I never took it back, nor have I ever wanted to. Do you understand me??

Obi-Wan?s seriousness had been sufficient enough to impress upon Anakin the truth of his words. The boy looked up into the Knight?s bright blue eyes more hopeful than he had felt since leaving his home on Tatooine. He dared to think that Obi-Wan

24. REALbluelightsaber

Dec 11, 2004
    yay! *does a happy dance ala snoopy*
    Obi-Wan and Anakin will be Master and Padawan! Oh happy day!

Take that Dooku!

What's Obi-Wan going to do? Anakin knows, yet I don't. Either I'm not very good at reading between the lines with this or it really is a mystery.

I hope when Obi-Wan trains Anakin he won't be all Mastery 24/7

Can't wait for more!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh what a nifty lil clash there! How sweet of Anakin to speak up for Obi Awww! :D

Can't wait to hear what Anakin thought of the display...Dooku is known for his older fighting style so that'll be interesting! And Obi to show him something later too? Perhaps they'll spar together now that'd be sweet! A real treat for Master/Padawan bonding! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.