main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I hate trying to tpe on my boyfriends little Mac keyboard, but I'll post some replies later, guys.

Up!

2. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
  3. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    uppers again

4. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
  5. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
  6. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    thanks for the ups!

7. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Sorry this has taken so long to get posted guys. I was just leary of posting much before Em got home since we have no more material prepared. Hopefully that won't be the case for long with both of us home starting this weekend. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile- this is gonna kick off the intense end of Against Fate. I'd still say there's a good amount of posts left though. This post is simply the beginning of the end [face_mischief] I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. I love speculation, though if you get too close I may not respond... hehe.

Rogue

8. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Avia Kal?ik sat behind her desk in Senator Milan Spyre?s front office feeling quite bewildered. Her lekku twitched with uncertainty as she eyed the datapad on her desk. It showed her boss?s daily schedule of meetings with his fellow politicians, social events, and dinner with a woman whose name the aide did not recognize.

But Senator Spyre had stormed in only a little while ago, his hands buried deep in his pockets and a scowl on his face, and told her to cancel everything. The Twilek underling had only stared at her employer in complete shock as he hurried into his own private office space. Slack-jawed, she got up to follow him, but some unspeakable presence urged her to hold back. She gasped aloud involuntarily at the dark and disturbing feeling, and Spyre turned to snap at his pale-faced attendant.

?My business is private, Avia!

She gulped and turned away, woodenly making her way back to her front desk. She sunk into the chair, momentarily relieved to be in a separate room from Spyre. Avia had never been completely comfortable around the severe Senator, but today was unexplainably worse. She shivered slightly once more before turning to her work.

Only a few minutes later a nervous looking Milan Spyre returned to the front room. He seemed as unsettled as she, Avia thought briefly, though for the life of her, the aide could no longer remember what had flustered her so much.

Still, the ill-feeling remained, even when the Senator left. Avia shifted uncomfortably in her seat before picking up the office communications device to begin canceling Spyre?s day. He was leaving Coruscant he had said and would be gone indefinitely. It was going to be a difficult task to clear his calendar for the next few weeks, and she set herself to the task grudgingly.

She had just canceled Spyre?s dinner date with his irate lady friend when a firm knock sounded on the door. Avia almost groaned. People had been filtering through the front office all morning, asking for the Senator, and few had left pleased when the aide had been unable to explain his sudden absence or give them an idea of when he might be back. Avia bit her lip; maybe she could just pretend the office was closed and not answer?

~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan stood outside the door to Milan Spyre?s offices in Coruscant?s massive Senatorial complex. He had knocked politely once, but now he waited slightly perplexed. The Knight shut his eyes briefly, registering a presence inside using the Force. He furrowed his brows and raised a fist to pound on the door again when the com link hooked to his utility belt beeped.

Obi-Wan set his jaw and answered. ?Kenobi here.?

?Hey kid.? The Corellian accent and familiar greeting identified the caller for the Knight, and he rid himself of his frown.

?What do you got for me, Trace??

?The technician you gave that account number to, traced it back to its holder. I looked him up already, and you won?t believe this guy.?

Obi-Wan was practically holding his breath in anticipation. ?Tell me what you found out.?

?Kenobi, I saw this guy.? Valik hurried on. ?He was at the Festival of the Light, where I started chasing after Aurra Sing. It didn?t register at the time, but when I saw the name, I looked it up using that datapad you snuck me. It?s too much for just a coincidence.?

?Valik, who?? The Knight was getting impatient.

?Hold onto your shirt, kid. He?s a Senator, just like you thought. The name is, Milan Spyre.?

There was a sharp intake of breath from Obi-Wan?s end. He stared at the door in front of him with the Senator?s name on it, and he shook his head in disbelief. It was all coming together so well.

?Obi-Wan,? Valik?s voice broke into his thoughts. ?Don?t do anything stupid now. Come back to the Temple first so we can come up with some kind of plan.?

The Knight, hesitated, feeling slightly deceitful as he prepared his next response. ?I?m just going to finish what I?m doing now, Trace.? There, that hadn?t been a lie. He added a lightness to his tone hoping to release some of the tensio

9. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Yeah for the post! :D

10. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    up! so everyone else can find it too.

11. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    maybe it will take a couple more...

up!

12. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

nice post.

13. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks guys.

14. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Where's everyone else?

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow didn't realize you updated! [face_blush] Sorry about that!

Poor Avia :( I feel for the gal!

Ohhh man... Obi found something all right, but it doesn't bode well. Powerful indeed! Is he gonna head back to the Temple or keep on 'trucking'? Not gonna be good if word of this gets back to the Temple! Though nothing seemed to have been disturbed all that much, soooo maybe it won't.

Though keeping it from Valik will prove hard! ;)

Great update :D Now Obi knows 'that someone' is out there waiting.

16. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
  17. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  18. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
    up again!

19. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    and again

20. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    I got a whole post written I think! It's just got to be typed up and looked over, and then we'll get this thing going again for a strong finish :D

21. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
  22. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

It had taken Count Dooku much longer than anticipated to find Anakin Skywalker. Finally, and easily intimidated initiate from one of the boy?s classes had suggested he check the Temple hangar bay/ Thankfully the troublesome redhead who had befriended the Tattooine boy had not been around to hinder his efforts, or he would still be searching.

Dooku was leaving the Temple, and he had been given instructions on how to take the promised Chosen One with him. It was time to leave this blissfully ignorant society of Jedi, led by that foolish old antique of a Jedi Master. Yoda refused to let his Jedi become what they were meant to be. Powerful rulers of the galaxy. Dooku was willing to leave them be, and enter into the role by himself. He was not giving up on his dream, and Anakin Skywalker would be the means to that end.

Sure enough, the boy was perched on a ledge in the hangar bay, back by the speeders, staring out of the large viewport. Dooku imagined the wistful expression on the young padawan?s face reflected a longing for home, but burning deep inside that soul was also a fierce desire to prove himself to the galaxy. The count ignored the possibility that the little blonde boy was thinking about his new master, Obi-wan Kenobi and his absence from the Temple. It was for that very reason that Dooku acted now. How his sith master had orchestrated his schemes so well was admirable, and the apprentice was leery of the day he would turn against him.

For now, however, Darth Tyranus followed Sidious? instructions to the letter. They boy had taken no notice of him yet, still untrained in the simplicities of the Force. This was somewhat disappointing, but at the same time it reiterated the fact that Anakin was a completely blank slate to fill. Plus, it made the sith apprentice?s task that much easier now.

The sith reached deep into his robes with barely a rustle of the dark fabric, and pulled from it a small syringe.

Anakin remained with his back to him, undisturbed in his musings of the world in front of him. Then a small shiver passed through the boy, and he began to turn. His eyes widened when he saw Count Dooku standing there, with the suspicious object in hand. Before a startled sound could pass from the padawan?s lips, Dooku swooped in, placed his hand harshly over the boy?s mouth, and plunged the needle deep into his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan approached the entrance to the Senate?s hangar bay hesitantly. Once inside, the Jedi Knight was uncertain of what would transpire. He had a bad feeling about all this. To be stalking a sith lord so close to the Jedi temple was a bit unnerving, but Obi-Wan knew Spyre had to be stopped before he went any farther.

The sith?s manipulation of the Naboo crisis, and subsequent events had proved him formidable. Too little was known about the dark users of the Force. The last records dated back to the Sith Wars. That made them all the more to be feared now.

A Jedi knows no fear, only the Force, Obi-Wan reminded himself. And to let a sith run free was a serious threat to the galaxy that had to be stopped. Now, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight of little more than a few months was in a position to put an end to it all.

He bravely pushed himself forward. He did not expect to simply waltz into the hangar unchallenged, yet that was exactly what happened. No lightening struck at him from across the bay; no objects flew at him aided by the darkside of the Force; and no blazing red lightsaber slashed down at him. Rather, all was eerily quiet. As the Knight centered himself in the Force, however, he began to feel the overwhelming presence of the darkside inside this hangar. It was oppressive and chilling to reflect upon its powerful potential.

In an instant, it was gone. Obi-Wan started at its sudden absence from his senses. It was if it had never been there. But Obi-Wan knew that it had only been locked away until its master was ready to unleash it again upon any who got in his way.

That was entirely Obi-Wan?s goal. He was not powerless himself, however. The l

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    WOW! Heated update! Glorious though! [face_love]

Uh oh... Dooku did get Anakin [face_worried]

And Palps juz rid of the 'possible' Sith... poor Obi ;)

Great job! :D

24. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    :eek: Dooku and Palpy have Anakin!

I hope Obi-Wan figures out what's going on soon!

25. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks! I told you it was going to get exciting. We're coming down to the end so we need a big climax.

Oh, I so love how no one but us knows what is going to happen. It's so empowering [face_evil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.