main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Air conditioning is the root of all evil...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    ...and it should be outlawed!!!

Ok, we already have to spend most of the year in the cold. Why should have to spend the summer cold!!!??

Today, at work we were all freezing!I wore a jacket to work today...in July! At 6 am it's not very warm outside. So no matter where we went, we were cold. I'm wearing a sweater tomorrow!

My mother is the assistant manager at the Jean Coutu in Riverview, and she freezes to death most of the day. She tells me that on her lunch hour she goes out to the car and sits there for 15 minutes to warm up.

And going to mall is worse than walking outside on the first day of December. It's too cold! It's ridiculous! I don't understand!

The only time I welcome air conditioning is at the gym, and it's not really cold in there. Not like at the mall, or any store or at work. I just don't understand, why everyone feels the need to freeze their butts off. :p

2. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

i understand, i think that air condition is great, we just use it too much, we complain about cold in the winter so we heat our house way too much, then summer comes and we get too much air conditioning, its ridiculous, i have to wear pants to work in the mall cause its so cold ,

3. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Air conditionning is great. You don't know how lucky you have it. In Europe, air conditioning practaically doesn't exist. The only places I've seen that have air condition in the Neatherlands are the Futut Shop like store, Mcdonald's and a sex-shop. I want AC. You atlantic canadians don't really get hot weather. Don't complain.

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Without AC, I honestly don't know how I would survive... I have a high enough body temperature most of the time as it is, nevermind adding the heat of summer. I need my AC!!!

5. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I'll complain all I want! I wish I lived in Europe! I hate the cold! I'd rather sweat to death than freeze to death!

6. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Not all europeans understand how to use deoderant. Nuff said.

7. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    LOL @ Kit. OI! That could be offensive to me :p

Actually Kit is right, your lucky to have A/C in most places, we are getting it more but a lot of places don't and it gets sweltering. I don't know anyone who has it in their house.

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Look, when it's as cold as winter in the mall or at work, it's not comfortable. There is a level of air conditioning that can be comfortable. But most of the time it isn't. It's either on full blast or not at all. Whatever happened to "medium setting"?

If it were that cold outside, people wouldn't be wondering around in shorts and tshirts. It's stupid!

9. Bowie_the_Hobbit

Bowie_the_Hobbit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    A/C is important. Especially when you live in the most hot and humid area of North America :p

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    THe air conditioner is freezing at work. But you don't notce it behind the counter because of the fry vats.

11. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I like A/C, because if I exert anything more than a walk, I sweat. A/C helps prevent that.

BTW, I'm not in terrible shape. Even in high school as an avid martial artist, I still sweat buckets when I did anything.

12. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Air conditioning is great, except at the movie theatre, it's always freezing there!

13. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    No air conditioning? I just came back from Ontario, they do ned A/C, I know I lived there for a long time...people just ave to get over the unfortunately human trait of omplianing about the present, and comparing it to a past en rose

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
  15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, I wore a sweater to Tomb Raider 2 tonight.

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Movie theatres=teh freezing.

17. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Nothing is colder than the mall. I still stand by that.

18. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Bah, you just need to get some extra fat on your bones. Nothing keeps out the cold like a love handle or two. :p

19. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Tara no like fat. Fat is bad.

20. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Fat is bad, but it keeps you warm during winter. :p Movie theatres are always cold, it's an unwritten law.

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    No, sweaters and pants and scarves and coats keep you warm in the winter...and soft flannel sheets :D

^ there is no need of that in the summer! That's the point of this thread.

22. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Our cinemas are fine. My extra few pounds make me to hot, need to lose it but I'm lazy

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    The worst air conditioning is on airplanes.

24. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I can only imagine. The last time I was on an airplane was during the winter and that was 7 years ago. :p

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I wore shorts and t-shirts all through my vacation, but I had to wear jeans and my hoodie on the flight. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.