main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ALIEN

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jayplate, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I love the four films, especially the Alien 3 special edition. AVP is complete crap though.

2. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked all four films, though Aliens is my favourite. That said I didn't like what they did to Hicks, Newt or Bishop in Alien3, after all they went through I thought they deserved more than that.

3. PICTURETHIS

PICTURETHIS Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    6) That didn't make sense to me also. I had the impression that the Face hugger stage after depositing the egg, the life is instantly emphemeral. As with certain species of tarantulas, the males are literally dying as the minutes go by, that's it, they are dying once consumation is completed.

4. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Yes it's the face hungers primary purpose and once thats done, oddly they die...you'd think they could foment another egg in there.

I used to be really into the Alien movies back in the day and I still love them. Well...except Resurrection... I thought that one was poorly thought out.....had that late ninties "cookie cut" feel to it.

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Alien 3 was butchered from a great movie into the craphole it turned out to be, mainly because of preview audiences who didn't like the English element and other assorted things, and Fox were dumb enough to listen to them.

The Alien 3 special edition, which was what it should've been, was great.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    plus the trailers and posters were very misleading. implying that it was going to take place on earth

7. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Aliens is probably one of my 10 favorite films ever. Alien is awesome too, but I crave the action. I probably liked ALien 3 more than most people and hated Resurrection more than most.

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Wait they cut the chest burster from the end??? That is Frakking stupid

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    All I remember of Ressurection is that there was A LOT of Alien drool - and I liked that :p

It's been far too long since I saw all three - I don't even know which one I like most. Somehow I catch 2 on TV more than the others, though :confused:

And I also liked AvP for what it was, minus the humans.

10. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I've only seen Aliens, and think that it is a great film. Its the first time I've ever seen my dad get startled while watching a movie.

11. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Alien - 10
    Aliens - 10 I dont know, it used to be my favorite, now I dont know since Im worn out by it, Ill still give it a 10 though. (Special Edition)
    Alien 3 - 9 I used to hate it when I loved Aliens, now I love this one the best. (Assembly Cut)
    Alien Ressurection - 7 It was good, I liked it because it was an Alien movie.
    Alien versus Predator - 7 Again, I thought it was good because it was apart of the series, nothing great but nothing horrendous. Unrated Edition

Overall a great series, it would have been gerat if they just left it as a trilogy.

12. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    i love first 3 ALIEN movie-
    the first 2 i consider ONE film {kinda]-} }
    third one was a downer, but it was supposed to be! ('sides how do you top Cameron?!?)

forth did have good cast, minus Wanna Rideher (ewww)

AvP...coulda,shoulda,woulda...

side note, my little cousin thought the aliens were REAL.
    he knew they were movies, like JAWS, but sharks are real, so he believed
    the queen was out there in space...

13. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The scene where the nest just comes alive after the chest buster gets killed really scares the crap out of me.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    my only gripe about Alien 3 is Hicks being killed off right at the beginning. he deserved a better death then to just die in his sleep

15. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah but Michael Biehn (my fav b-rate actor) was off busy on K2...which was supposedly a good film.

I didn't like it how Hicks got it either though I felt it was better than him going down like a punk to some Alien. He's a space man baybeh...went down in a fireball and died like a good spaceman should.

Then again, they should have had him comatose through the entire thing...sorta like that one guy in Anaconda lol.

16. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Its a great concept, the alien. Most people miss the point that the adult alien(s) is part human.

" PERFECT ORGANISM "

17. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I really loved these movies when I was younger. I think I liked Resurection the best, since I was like 10 and loved the effects and characters and cool looking Aliens. So I havent seen any of them in awhile. After reading this, I really want to go back and watch Aliens since I hardly have any memory of that one. Im shure if I watched Resurection again, I wouldn't like it.

18. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    You bet your boots buddy.

I was 14 when Resurrection came out and I came out of the theatre on the fence a bit I think. I liked it but I just wasn't totally stoked.

Watching it a year or two later, I was shocked at how bad it was. haha

19. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Only_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    The first and the second is still some of the best sfi movies ever. The rest kind of sucked.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ridley Scott has apparently contradicted himself in a couple of interviews recently, one saying he had no interest in another Alien film, and another more recently saying he might be interested. If it happens I want to see either the Alien homeworld and/or the homeworld of the Space Jockey which may be one and the same since Scott says the Space Jockies made the Aliens.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/It%27s_a_Jockey.jpg]

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    that would be interesting to see. it'd be cool to introduce them like have a space jockey ship crash on earth perhaps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.