main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Aliit ori'shya tal'din: The Mandalorian Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, May 17, 2016.

1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm looking forward to it as well. :D

Take your time Bardan, you cannot rush excellence!

Sarge It is as I thought! Range is a glaive's only friend. When Nick closed that gap he had so much maneuverability with his sword he just did what he wanted. Still, Mike landed plenty of good strikes before Nick even had a chance to counter. All because of that reach!!

Sarge likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Yes, exactly. IRL sparring, I liked to use a dagger to fight spearmen. I'd lure them into making a thrust, grab the shaft with my off hand, then close in and stab. Very effective.

E. L.Knight and The Vanguard like this.
  3. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Sarge yes I can see that being a very effective style of fighting spearmen. [face_idea]

I think Shuk'la will have to modify his combat staff with electro-pulse railings, to prevent anyone from grabbing it. :D

Sarge likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    *Note to self: Practice technique of absorbing/dissipating energy*

Mitth_Fisto and The Vanguard like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations to those vode participating in the Mandalorian RPG. MandoA101, Mitth_Fisto, The Vanguard, and Master Vo'Un'Var you've all earned five additional Honor Points. TheSilentInfluence, you would have of course, but as a House leader in the fanclub, you're maxed out Honor Point wise. :p

Further congratulations to Mitth_Fisto and The Vanguard, as you've now also earned promotions within your fanclub chains of command and may now hand out assignments and award Honor Points to those that rank below you in your own chains of command. See the OP of this thread for further details on the rights and responsibilities of your new ranks.

To any other fanclub member (or anyone else) wanting to join the game. I'm still accepting new character sheets for the time being. However once we get to the midpoint of the game I will have to cut off new submissions.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The Vanguard

Congrats on your promotion Vode. I'll think of new tasks for here for my Vode to earn more points as well.

Mitth_Fisto

Congratulations to you as well Vode.

7. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  8. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    *Looks around, Takes a deep breath*
    OK, I attempted at drawing Kyr'am Galaar from the RPG. here goes
    [​IMG]
    I feel it could be better, Comments?

9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    For some reason, it's not showing. Are you using the correct image address?

10. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    It is showing for me. Dunno whats wrong

EDIT: OK, It just disappeared for me, hm, I'll see if I can fix it,

11. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

You in the SCA Sarge?

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Yes, I did that for about 10 years, heavy rattan and light rapier, as well as more serious training and study with the Schola St George, focusing on the techniques of Fiore de Liberi. You?

E. L.Knight and The Vanguard like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But still following the colour schemes, which is excellent. Shame War didn't touch on the Mandalorians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I haven't got to play in a while, but I'm a Combat Archer. I hail from Aethelmearc.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

I authorized with a crossbow. It's a very effective weapon and I shot lots of people including Duke Sir Kane, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as swords. Gleann Abhann was my SCA home, but I haven't been there in years.

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    [Post removed]

17. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I, too, use a crossbow.

Which brings me to a question.

Why aren't there many arrow based weapons in Star Wars? Surely someone would have thought about arrows being an effective and surprising attack when everyone else is using blasters?

18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Fett killed Zam Wessel with a poison dart. Maybe that was the best and only example of a stealth kill? It wasn't an arrow, but it was close..

E. L.Knight likes this.
  19. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    The Nightsisters use electric bow-like weapons (Clone Wars)

E. L.Knight likes this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Bowcasters (Whether made by Wookiees or a other species) are basically the cross brow on steroids with their energy quarrels instead of darts or short arrows. Although it seems the Wookiee version is by far one of the strongest version out there.

Thank you Mandalor and others for the congratulations! I look forward to bossing Lady Belligerent about :p Speaking of which these boots could really use a good shine ;)

The Vanguard likes this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *blinks*

What did I do? :p

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I advanced a rank ahead of you :p

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ugh. I've been slacking I guess.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Time to shake a little rust for the fun of it.

Mandalorians are feared warriors throughout the galaxy, and it's not just because of their brute force, although a favored method to handling most things..in the heat of battle, things evolve faster than one can blink. More times than not, an engagement will turn on it's head against whatever original plan was conceived, and odds begin to stack against your favor..the answer? IMPROVISATION.

Capable, brilliant, cunning, alert, inventive, and resourceful. All these describe the best warriors who find alternative pathways to dealing with unforeseen/overwhelming threats.

This being said, what go-to weapons/tools would you carry in your arsenal? This includes gauntlet based weaponry as well as detonators.
    [​IMG]
    (In-house responses may be eligible to receive honor points.)

TAG: Anyone,+ MandoArtist Master Vo'Un'Var MandoA101 Fandalorian DavrelKex Darth Rozic TheSilentInfluence