main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All I want for Christmas is... (the *Official* List and Reference Section)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    [image=http://www.members.aol.com/lajfett/xmastree.jpg]

Now that Halloween is past, thoughts can turn to Christmas and gift-giving (and
    getting!). This is the place to post your all-important wish-list (and then drop a few hints to
    its location to your family and friends). This is also the place for those less familiar with
    the collecting world to find links to some
    tried-and-proven websites to obtain that hard-to-find item.

I have started the reference section with sites I (or friends) have personally used
    and found reliable. If you have any to add PM me the link and the country it is in
    and I will edit it into the list in the first post. (Mike, if you know any Canadian ones,
    feel free to edit them in).

Those who are treading in alien waters here trying to get ideas for family or friends can feel free
    to PM any questions they want to ask outside the thread. I can look up that ebay desirable
    in a reference guide and tell you if it is fairly-priced or approaching scalper territory.

Let the Christmas fun begin!

US

Brian's Toys
    Star Wars Shop
    Barnes & Noble
    TFAW
    emerchandise
    Amazon
    EntertainmentEarth
    Code3 Collectables
    ebay
    MasterReplicas
    Dancing Dragon

UK

Amazon UK
    r2dtoys
    The Entertainer
    ebay UK
    Uniquities Online

Canada

Misc

Addall Book Searches
    Google
    RoyalMail UK Xmas post dates - pdf file, requires Adobe

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    It is WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too frelling early to be posting about christmas.

I, for one, am sick and bloody tired of stores putting out their christmas displays in September, and then bitching about low christmas sales. To be honest, by the time christmas comes arround, I'm sick to bloddy death of the thing.

Check your calander. I believe you'll find that ThanksGiving comes first. christmas season doesn't begin until AFTER that. The whole point of Santaclause being at the END of the Thanksgiving parade is to signal the beginning of the christmas shopping season.

So please, give it a rest. Celebrate your holidays in the correct order.

</fuming rant>

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Magellan - there are people who live in different countries than people they buy for, and need a long lead time to shop and post. I am in that situation myself. Not everyone can wait until after Thanksgiving (which is a US holiday, not a world holiday) to start thinking about Christmas. Here in the UK our next big holiday IS Christmas. (And before you ask, I am originally from the US so I know about Thanksgiving).

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    LAJ_FETT, I think the target of Magellan's rage was more retail stores like Wal-Mart...who already had Santa Claus and snowmen staring at us all the way to the toy racks in mid-September...in many cases more prominently displayed than the Halloween merchandise.

I know I for one was sick of the dancing/singing Santa Claus weeks ago. All the more reason to avoid Wal-Mart for me though.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    110% Correct Laj, Magellan there are many countries on this board and I checked my calander and Thanksgiving here in Canada was on October 11th. Christmas is around the corner as far as I am concerned and in most other countries except the US.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I take Magellan's point about the stores. Harrods here in London starts their Christmas section in August (mostly for the tourists though). That is WAAY too early. And the local Woolworth's already has a Christmas window.

Mike - if you know of any good Canadian websites please add them up top. I use US and UK sites so I don't know a good Canadian one.

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah the Walmart in the town that I live in had started puttin out Christmas stuff back in the Middle of August.

Now I'm 30 years old so I can remember a time when you did not see any Christmas stuff till the middle of November. Now my daughter who is 5 will always see stuff in the stores 4 to 5 months before Christmas. And to me that is sad.

As for what Star Wars stuff that I would like for Christmas I have not put anything on paper yet. I know that I would like the OTC Slave I. I was thinking of asking for the OTC Falcon but I have the PotF Falcon. Except for the lights on the back and front to me its the same ship.

It will be hard to find stuff that I want because it is a non movie year. i know that Christmas of '05 it will not be hard to find stuff to ask for.

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    lol could be worse LAJ I started seeing xmas stuff while in Canada for smaller stores :p

Oh depending on what you want http://www.uniquitiesonline.com/ is quite good, I've got somethings from them before. They normally at UK conventions too :)

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ve seen stuff in August

10. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Where are you shipping to that it takes 2 months? Only time I've run into that kind of lag was shipping from CA to UK via surface mail.

That said, it isn't SW, but it is still fantasy & Dragons, and they have cloaks and such: http://www.dancingdragon.com/

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here is a PDF file with the Royal Mail (UK) last shipping dates for Christmas. (You will need Adobe to view it). The last shipping date for UK surface mail to the US and CA has already passed - it was last week. The last airmail date for the same countries is 10 December. My international shipping would be to the US. However, if you are going to order something online for someone, you would probably want to order it early to ensure they get it on time - especially if it is coming from another country.

I will add the new links up top after work..

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Editted the first post to add the new links.

13. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    up until this year i would have agreed about starting Christmas too early, but now that i have a daughter i can't wait. the last few years haven't been any fun for me...i don't look forward to presents, because i'm in a position to buy most of what i want for myself. i know that's a shallow view of christmas, so that's why i'm looking forward to this year. it will finally be something to look forward to. i can't wait for my girl (who will be 7 months old) to open her first presents. she's already rolling and scooting all around the living room, so i think she'll be big enough to have a good time. so, to answer the question that started this discussion, all i want for christmas is to see my daughter enjoy it the way we all did when we were little.

btw: there will DEFINITELY be some star wars under the tree on christmas morning.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like a small plush Ewok or something similar might be in order for her, then. I know my books list a few different stuffed and plush toys. Try ebay or one of the websites up top...

15. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I have to agree with Magellan about the stores putting out their displays too early.

It's just so tacky.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Anyway . . . getting past the Scrooges and to the point of the thread . . .

My wife puts me on a shopping moratorium around the beginning of October to the end of the year since my birthday is in November and then there's Christmas. Nothing irritates her more than for her to find me something cool, only to find out I already bought it. I generally like to get my own stuff, but I've kept a few things out of my shopping carts to let her find them.

* Any of the newest Hallmark ornaments
    * All of the Galactic Heroes 2-packs
    * Some specific Hamilton plates I'm looking for
    * Any Sigma Ceramics I don't have
    * A lot of times she will go through my 1-sheets and find one to get professionally framed or she'll go through my commercial prints and get a few dry-mounted so I can put them in my poster rack. To me, that is just as good as getting me something new.

'Tis the season!

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Christmas in July!

I, like my Father before me, do 90% of my shopping
    in Sept/Oct so that I can enjoy Christmas at a
    more comfortable pace.

The rush to peddle trees and garland in the summer is
    tacky, though!

18. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I do the shopping when we have the time and money. I've given people some ideas, and Christy has put me on restriction. I am not allowed anything else Star Wars stuff until after Christmas.

Good thing there is not that much else I've been wanting this year. ;)

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, now that Thanksgiving is over, it's the start of the Christmas shopping frenzy. Upping the reference thread for those who want it..

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Reposted for Ellbobin from a locked thread:

What you got on it? And keep it Star Wars.

Me: Episode I DVD.
    Battlefront.
    Fett Armor.

21. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    1. 300th Fett figure

2. mini-bust Boba Fett

3. Any thing else Fett

22. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Episode I DVD.
    Battlefront.
    Fett Armor.

23. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    The only thing I really want for Christmas is the Original Trilogy on DVD.

24. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Usually I like buying my own SW stuff, even as gifts. That way I can take a good look at the packaging if I'm going to keep it packaged or the paint job if I'm going to open it. However, as gifts I'll take anything I can get. A few items I don't have that I'd like as gifts would be:

*VotC Boba Fett
    *VotC Stormtrooper
    *VotC Chewbacca
    *VotC Lando Calrissian
    *Basic Pablo-Jil
    *Basic Sly Moore
    *Basic Naboo Celebration Amidala

I think those are the only ones I'm really hunting for at the moment. If I don't find these by Christmas, it'd be awesome to get them as gifts, though that is pretty unlikely. I'll probably be getting clothes for the most part. [face_plain] Anyhow, it's all good. :D

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Upping this due to a query..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.