VIDEO Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah. That's embarrassing.

[face_shhh]

Disregard that last post.
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I liked the missions that were 'kill the target without being detected' which you could cheap out by using your recruits. :p
    Volderon and Darth_Invidious like this.
  4. JaMojo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always enjoyed getting as many guards as I could around me and then calling in the arrow strike thing that killed all of them.
  5. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    In AC4, you can just shoot your target. It'll bring on every guard in the immediate vicinity but it counts as "killing your target undetected".
    Contessa likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    So, basically, the Indy option?
    Contessa, Volderon and 07jonesj like this.
  7. boomx2sjk Jedi Master

star 1
    Is there anything more annoying in the early AC games than those tools playing the stringed instrument that stop you as youre walking/running? I kept killing em....

Well, looks like AC: Comet will give me another current-gen game to play. My plan is to exhaust my options with games I want to play on the 360 before I get a PS4....
  8. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    I dunno...

Please sir I haven't any money! Please sir can you spare some coin!
  9. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  10. AstroFan428 Force Ghost

star 2
    Honest trailer for AC4. lol

Volderon likes this.
  11. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    Haha I laughed out loud when it showed EA Games.
  12. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master

star 3

Just saw a gameplay trailer from E3 on Xbox Live the other day. It showed off the four-player coop but I didn't quite grasp whether this was part of the story campaign mode or just tweaked version of the team mode from previous AC games online multiplayer modes.
  13. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    More Assassin's Creed please
  14. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9

I just use fists and clock them. Yes, it means I have to tear down a wanted poster, but so be it.
  15. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually liked the little songs the bards sung about you. What I really hated was the beggars in the original game, "Just a few coins. Please, just a few coins." Repeat x1000 times.
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Or those insane people who push you every time you run by them.
  17. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue has been announced for PS3 and Xbox 360. Release date: November 11th. Will be set during the Seven Years' War and feature a larger New York than seen in III, the Appalachian River Valley and the northern Atlantic.

Some people will definitely consider two games in a single year overkill, but getting to explore a Templar's point of view for an entire game will be pretty exciting from a story perspective. The gameplay likely won't receive any of Unity's enhancements, however, so I imagine it'll feel more like an expansion for Black Flag than anything else, much like Brotherhood to II.
  18. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    So...is Rogue in the same time period as AC3, 4, or Unity?
  19. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, the Seven Years' War means its set about ten to twenty years before the Revolutionary War (ACIII).
  20. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    1758 is the date we've been given, but I imagine it'll cover the whole French and Indian conflict, so 1756-1763 - just after the Haytham portion of AC3.
  21. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm unfamiliar with the name"Seven Years War." Had to look it up. I always heard it as the French and Indian War.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  23. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had to double check the dates for it, and I am a history person, so don't feel bad.
  24. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-to-know-shay-from-assassins-creed-rogue.aspx

Confirmation of timeline: 1752-1761. Seems like you'll play as an Assassin for a good bit before becoming a Templar. Given that Haytham arrives in Boston in 1754, I wonder if Shay will interact with any of the events from the first three sequences of AC3. There's also been confirmation that there will be no deep diving in this game.

"You're going to play many missions as an Assassin," narrative designer Richard Farrese said. "You'll see Shay grow as an Assassin as well, up until a certain point in the game where he says 'This is wrong, and I have to do something about it.'"

Gameplay-wise, I don't expect much out of Rogue, but it seems like there's going to be a lot of development on the fictional Assassins and Templars front.
    Last edited by 07jonesj, Aug 6, 2014
    VanishingReality likes this.
  25. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Thanks for this tip, I used it many times haha.

Having a lot of fun with the game but damn those legendary ships are hard. I only just managed to beat the easiest one (after thinking the ones up north must've been easier...El Impoluto lol).