main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I the only person who listens to Star Wars music in their car?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by squir1y, Jun 10, 2013.

1. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I have the Star Wars Soundtracks going in the car all the time. Also on the side I have this one, it's from the game Force Commander:

2. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    On May 4th last year, I popped in the Ultimate Edition of The Phantom Menace soundtrack and listened to it in my car wherever I went.

3. Obi-yoda

Obi-yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2014
    I don't listen out loud... but if you could hear my thoughts, rarely would there not be something of Star Wars music in the background.
    [​IMG]

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    Nothing compares to Blaring "The Imperial March" while you're cursing down the freeway.

However, if I end up stuck in traffic I have to stop it because, and play something less rousing.

5. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I used to have a John Williams CD with Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, Jurassic Park, etc. music on it. Don't know what I did with it. :(

Luke'sSeveredHand and MiTior like this.
  6. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    The Main theme to Jurassic Park is another great rousing piece of music.

7. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I commute on the NYC subway every day, and I often have the SW scores playing on my headphones as I find it's great reading music (I tend to get distracted if the music I'm listening to has vocals). So not quite in the car, but similar?

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Listened to the Battle of Yavin on the way home from Campus tonight. Amazing. Listening to Star Wars never gets old.

9. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    i dont listen to star wars music in the car but i listen to it on a regular basis

10. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014
    I listen to all of them in my car. It's especially great to drive to the Battle of Yavin, Podracing music, the Imperial March, or any action track on my way to and from work.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    No you are not

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    After I applied for Graduation for College I put on my i-pod, the Throne Room theme from A New Hope.

13. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    If I listen to music in the car, it's either Star Wars or Symphony of Science.

14. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I don't. Not because I don't like it, but because I get too much into the music. Once, I was listening to "Duel of the Fates" while driving, and I suddenly realized I was going at about 20 m.p.h. over the speed limit. Fortunately, there were no police cars around, but I figured I'd better not take that chance again.

15. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014
    Ohya, I tend to speed when listening to my more fast-paced music lol.

16. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I've done this before, and still can rotate my soundtracks to include SW.

More so it's 'ROTS', but I also have a brilliant John Williams compilation with themes from the 'Star Wars' films, 'Superman', 'Indiana Jones', 'Jaws'... so get the best of everything on 2 CDs, which makes driving around far more fun. :D

17. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I do all the time!

18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I had ESB soundtrack in the car the other day. I also regularly listen to the Raiders soundtrack too.

19. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I played the Cantina songs (yes there are two!) for my 2 year old in the car the other day. He liked them.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I have the complete Star Wars Saga soundtrack. And my ringtone is the Imperial March.

21. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I've got a playlist that has the Credits from ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ESB, and the theme from Last of the Mohicans that I blast from time to time. Love the ESB soundtrack in the winter, especially for some reason.

22. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    I listen to victory celebration all the time in my sister's car.

23. mork-mork

mork-mork Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    I happen to be one of those people who unconsciously foot-taps to the beat, so intense music while driving tends to be a scary affair, haha. However, I do indulge in some of the more poetic/emotional tracks, which always make the drive seem shorter (for me, at least, but not necessarily my passenger ;)).

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My car has a pretty good sound system, and it's amazing sometimes – when I play music through the sound system in my car, with its strong bass and everything, how incredible certain things can sound.

This is no different for soundtrack scores as well! Certain SW soundtrack pieces like the Imperial March, the emperors theme, or my personal favorite: the throne room finale sound incredible when played in my car system!

Of course it sounds even better in my home theater/surround sound system turned up. but I don't often listen to just music through there – mainly movies. (Not to mention, with my family at home, I am seldom able to turn it up loud like I can in a car.) In the movies, the score gets somewhat buried – and the little nuances can't always be heard. In the car, it's nice and quiet in there, and it's all right there in front of you.

25. LatinaC09

LatinaC09 Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2014
    lol of course I listen to SW all the time in the car! I generally throw John Williams on shuffle so I get all of his soundtracks.