main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin and Padme Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mes520, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hello everyone and welcome to the Anakin and Padme Appreciation Thread!

I've always had a soft spot for Anidala, even back when the PT came out over ten years ago. I kinda lost interest over the years, but the past few years I've rekindled my love for them and even began writing some fanfiction including them and Star Wars in general.

Like Jar Jar or the PT in general, I feel they have been treated unjustly over the years. I didn't see any old threads in my search, so I decided to open one. A place where one can say what they like about them and discuss them.

NOTE: This is an appreciation thread, if you don't have anything nice to say then be an adult and leave. There's no need for trolling and statements like, "we all know they were terrible" either.​

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I agree the PT has been unjustly maligned by some. I am glad you like A/P. I think they had much potential. As they are in the films I prefer Padme. I think she is much stronger than many give her credit for particularly regarding her emotional sensitivity and dying of a broken heart which does happen.

3. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    I appreciate the two. Those who dislike should be ignored and that's that.

4. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I like that their relationship is portrayed in a melodramatic overly-romantic fashion. It has always resonated with me and it still does more than a decade later. There is awkwardness in some of the scenes, but it never makes me feel awkward in a way that would make me detach from them and not buy into their love. One of my all-time favourite scenes in the saga is in Episode III after Anakin has his nightmare and Padme comes to inquire and comfort him about it. It's such a touching scene and in my opinion one of Hayden's best performances.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Anakin and Padme Skywalker @};-

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Locked: These types of threads are appropriate for SWC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.