main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    We've got one final movie in which to bring back Anakin Skywalker... And maybe give Hayden Christenen one last chance with Star Wars.

But if Anakin did come back in Episode IX what would he do?

Could he meet with
    Luke
    somewhere in the Netherworld?

Could Anakin be the one to guide Kylo Ren/Ben Solo back to the light?

It feels like Anakin Skywalker has unfinished business with this Saga... But would LFL dare bring him back? And if they did would they dare let Hayden play the part?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If he's not in VIII then he better be in IX.. Or else I might have a meltdown.. lol

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin talking to Kylo is something I'd like to see.

There was concept art drawn up for a Force ghost Anakin.

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I haven't seen what happens in TLJ, so I don't know yet as far as how he would fit into the story. I wouldn't agree that this is his last chance in SW- far from it. I think he will be in 9, in voice or in person, but he could well be in a TV show, or another movie for that matter. Remember how expansive they are getting with SW, and like him or hate him, he is a big part of SW given the roles he had.

JediKnightYJK and wobbits like this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No Anakin. He is dead Jim
    [​IMG]

11-4D likes this.
  6. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    I said in the other Anakin thread and now here that I am sad because I don't believe Anakin will make it into any of the sequel trilogy. Because Luke is a ghost now, he is the most likely one we will see. :( (I like Luke!).

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    For Episode IX, have Luke-ghost visit Rey.

But have Anakin-ghost finally visit Kylo

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    If they want to redeem Kylo then I think it has to come from Anakin. Luke couldn't, after TLJ I don't see Rey being in a hurry to try again, that leaves Anakin. Plus, he's who Kylo was inspired by and it would be a nice way of tying things back to the PT for the end of the saga.

9. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015

It would deffinitely tie the whole saga. I would prefer if I-IX were one big Skywalker story. Anakin's rise, fall, redemption and legacy. And that should be it from this saga.

If they want, they can start a new one later, there will be plenty of anthology films, but I would like for them to wrap this story and I think Anakin's ghost would be perfect for that.

10. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Interesting, obviously JJ has to distinguish Ep IX from ROTJ. We are all expecting, death of Kylo +/- redemption. However, what if Anakin returns and convinces Kylo to turn and use the First Order as an agent for good or at least make peace with the Rebellion. That would be a surprise, since I doubt anybody is expecting Kylo to live beyond Episode 9. However, if he did live the Skywalker line could theoretically continue (not through Reylo though).

However, I doubt Disney would be that bold and I suspect they want the Skywalkers to end.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    The time to make it happen was in 8... either in a convo with Luke or in someway to Rey pointing her towards the force. JJ has a disdain for the prequels so I don't see him using Anakin or anything from the prequels. Rian had the chance but he didn't so I don't think this will happen now. Sorry Hayden would have loved to see him one more time.

12. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Sadly I don't see it happening and I think it's a missed opportunity. The only way I think we see Anakin again is if there is an Obi-Wan spinoff, and they go with flashbacks or dream sequences or something.

Rickleo123 likes this.
  13. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Kylo Ren finally deserves attention of his grandfather, and Anakin's force ghost kills Kylo and his knights of Ren in a rampage a la The Rogue One finale. No words said, just heavy breathing. JJ Abrams, you can make it.
    I'm joking.

Rickleo123 likes this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Won't happen. Fans could like it [face_laugh]

FarEasterling likes this.
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    It would be fitting. Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Luke in a Force ghost council.

Too-Gon Onbourbon likes this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Removed

Ahsoka Blaster likes this.
  17. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    I love Anakin but I don't think JJ does.

18. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Rian's justification for not including Ewan's Obi-Wan in The Last Jedi:

"Believe me, man. I would have loved to have had Ewan McGregor in the movie but it was just a matter of storytelling. The original relationship with Obi Wan — obviously if Alec Guinness were still with us that would have made sense. But we never saw Luke ever interact with the Ewan version of Obi Wan, so there’s less of the emotional connection and it might have been a little odd. So, it made sense and we could recreate that character [practically], so it made sense that Yoda be the one that comes back and kicks [Luke’s] butt a little."

I still believe Christensen's Anakin should appear, but only if the story calls for such an encounter with Ben Solo, but a scene with Christensen's Anakin with Luke would have been rather interesting - the younger-looking father with the mature-son.

whostheBossk and RKR like this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Removed

20. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Definitely one of the few things where I agree with him

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

I think that's a real cop out from Rian. The fact Mark and Ewan (or Mark and Hayden) didn't appear on screen in the earlier movies, I mean, so what? They are actors. It's not beyond them to be able to make it work surely?

22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Not having Anakin speak to Kylo would be such a huge missed opportunity

23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Of course but they don't have the history & the rapport of Hamill & Yoda as performed by Frank Oz. Also the similarities between Luke on Ahch-To & Yoda on Dagobah made him the obvious choice to appear. If Luke had isolated himself in a cave on a desert planet, Obi-Wan would've been a better choice.

24. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Force ghost Anakin would be cool.

Ren Kylo, RKR and wobbits like this.
  25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    After FG Yoda lighting the tree on fire I think anything is possible. I definitely want to see FG Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.