main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's saber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithMaster_69, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMaster_69

SithMaster_69 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2007
    Forgive me if this has been done before.

Is there anyone else who would have liked to have seen Anakin wielding a red lightsaber during the duel? I know it would have been impossible to do given how long it takes to make a Lightsaber or just replace the crystal.

But in spite of that, I just think it would have looked better. That would have shown that he truly was a Sith since the red saber is one of their trademarks. Also it would have been cool to see OB1's reaction to seeing Anakin wielding a red saber.

2. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Sure but Obi-wan has to give Luke Anakins's Saber.

If you want to see the red v blue on Mustafar you can find it on youtube.

3. SithMaster_69

May 26, 2007
    Cool. Thanks.

4. The_Eye_of_Strilo

The_Eye_of_Strilo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Honestly I think the blue vs blue has more impact. This is the only time we see brother vs brother.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, it's best to have a blue vs blue duel. Not just for continuity purposes, but because it fits within the narrative of "Battle of the Heroes". Here are two men who are battling each other, but both represent their respective ideologies. Both want peace and justice, but they are willing to go about it through different means. Both believe that they are the hero of this contest, but see the other as the villian. We know who is the real hero and real villian, but from their individual points of view, the issue is not so clear cut.

The other purpose centers around the fact that these are two men, once the best of friends and all but family, now fighting each other to the death. Whereas Yoda and Palpatine represent all that is good and evil, the duel between Anakin and Obi-wan represents the death of friendship through betrayal.

6. DarkStarkiller

DarkStarkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2007
    I would have liked to see one of them having a different color saber. Blue vs Blue made the sabers look like they had combined when ever they were clashing together - it, IMO, just didn't look good.

Red vs Blue or even Blue vs Green would've been a little easier to track

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think Blue versus Blue had a good touch to it. Aside from just the variety, it hits home the point that a Jedi's weapon is being used for evil intent.

8. sleepergirl

sleepergirl Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2007
    blue vs. blue was a nice thing to see in a SW movie. in the OT all we saw was blue vs. red or green vs. red.
    in the PT we see:
    1)blue vs. red
    2)green vs. red
    3)purple vs. red
    4)blue vs. blue
    5)blue vs. blue,green,blue and green(kenobi vs. GG)

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Blue versus blue was stupid. Vader should have plunged his Blue Bladed Saber into a column inside the Temple when he was finished with the bloodletting and just walked away. Then there is no doubt who killed them all, because Yoda and Ben would recognize that hilt anywhere. All it would have taken was a little creativity, but I digress.

Red versus Blue would have been WAY better.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He doesn't have time to build a new Lightsaber. So it would be stupid to leave his saber behind.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Like Sidious didn't have a spare...

Or three.
    :p

12. SithMaster_69

May 26, 2007
    or 4.

That would have been dramatic. At the end of the slaughter in the temple, Anakin tosses aside his saber.Later OB1 finds it & thinks Anakin was there & is worried that he may have been killed in the raid. He keeps the saber( & gives it to Luke 20 years later).

But learns the horrific truth when he looks at the security holovid. In it he sees Sids hand Anakin a lightsaber. Anakin activates it & its red. Anakin says,"Thank you, my master."

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As if the holorecordings were vague on the issue. [face_laugh]

It's better to see a Sith use a blue saber for once. Why does it always have to be red?

14. SithMaster_69

May 26, 2007
    Because red is cooler.:p

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't think it's cooler to always have Sith use red sabers. It's monotonous. It's not about the color of your saber, it's about your stance regarding the dark side of the Force. That's why the blue-on-blue is cool.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    QFT.
    A Sith using a blue-lightsaber in the films is akin to the Dalai Lama volunteering to enlist as sniper in the Chinese army...

17. tulakhordpwns

tulakhordpwns Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2007
    Having 2 different colors would be better visually. Blue vs blue just doesn't look as good.

18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree completely. When looking back, logistically it would have been difficult for Anakin to wield a red lightsaber since it would not have stood out against the Mustafar background.

19. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I thought that that was what was going to happen but I don't imagine he had time for that. Besides he was more focused on him and Padme and "making things the way they wanted them to be".

20. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    I think it would have been cool to have the color of the saber change due to the level of mastery of the force. Red being the ultimate Dark Side color, and green being the ultimate light-side color. Orange for Sith that are just learning, and blue for Jedi that are just learning.

21. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The problem with that is Ben's blue blade in the OT.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, it does on the YouTube clip.

23. Yodas_Got_Bed_Head

Yodas_Got_Bed_Head Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2004
    I have to agree. Each time I view The Duel I can't help but feel that the visual of a Blue versus Red saber would have looked much more appealing. I also like your idea SX3: Vader should have plunged his Blue Bladed Saber into a column inside the Temple when he was finished with the bloodletting and just walked away.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Blue versus red... haven't we seen that before?

25. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Thats not even that creative though as it had been done about a year to a year and a half before in KOTOR II the sith lords video game. When the exile is exiled She/he walks right up to a pillar/statue thing and jams his/her saber into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.