main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Angel and Buffy post-TV comic arcs? (Huge Twilight arc spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm getting somewhat confused, myself.

Angel Season V and Angel: After the Fall and etc takes place after Buffy Season VII, and then, as far as I'm aware, there is only one Buffy comic arc post-Season VII... but Angel is running around as Twilight for a prolonged period of time as well?

Does this fit continuity wise, at all?

Not very tight on Angel/Buffy continuity or the comics, but it's confusing, now.

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I think thats part of the problem with having the books released by two different publishers. I know that the writers at IDW who handle Angel said they had no clue what was going to occur in the Twilight arc and nothing Angel related had been vetted through them. Pretty much no Dark Horse people had relayed information to the IDW folks about Angel.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Why are they being released by two different publishers?

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Licensing - IDW have Angel, DHC have Buffy + Whedon.

5. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I think I read somewhere that Season Eight is meant to take place after After the Fall ends.

In any case, much like the Clone Wars stuff, Joss has said that things will sort themselves out after the end of Season Eight.

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I wonder if Dark Horse have had to pay IDW at all for the recent use of Angel and now Spike. I just have this humorous mental image of DHC lawyers whining at Joss...

As far as continuity, I think it all works fine if you think of Angel Season 5/After the Fall taking place in between Buffy Seasons 7 and 8. Just consider Angel 5 to have taken place somewhat more quickly than it took to air in real-time, and the "summer hiatus" between Buffy 7 and 8 to have been several months longer than usual.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, you just know Whedon's represented by Wolfram & Hart....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.