main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Please elaborate.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    *A combatant would have more info than a normal person in many circumstances. For instance, most combatants would probably know of Orion's weakness to radon. Random people probably wouldn't even know Orion from Kalibak. A combatant would also know what different types of mechs do and have at least a general overview of how they work, unlike a normal person. To make sure of that (if we do want the detailed mech knowledge) we could expand the "combatant" definition to include other persons of knowledge such as technitions, experts, etc. But I think the guy who made the mech or gave someone powers (such as the creator of Wing Zero or something) would count as intimate knowledge. But still, most of the Wing Zero's stuff is well-known anyway but if there was something only he and his 4 people knew, the prepped guy would not have access to that info.

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    1. Access to all knowledge that a COMBATANT* of reasonable intellect WITHOUT intimate knowledge of the opponent would have.

Without intimate knowledge, he knows nothing. There's nothing like Radon in this situation. We're talking about someone that absolutely no one knows anything about, outside of a very general understanding of what he is, as Szayel has no one on his team that does know [rule 9], he does not have access to that intimate knowledge. Again, Szayel does not simply study tape, as he would here [rule 2]. His prep is so great in Bleach not because he's an incredible strategist, but a scientist who relies on data he has gathered. Studying tape helps him so very little. On the other hand, Ginji has shown to be very good at adapting, especially when he's faced an opponent more than once -- as in the case of Jackal, for instance. Watching tape does help him.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not all that interested in Szayel's prep abilities: more wondering about how Ginji is actually going to beat him.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    With fire.

he uses fire, right?

I dunno.

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    "His prep is so great in Bleach not because he's an incredible strategist, but a scientist who relies on data he has gathered."

Based on this statement, why would it then be hard for Szayel to prepare for a character who uses nothing but lightning? Even if in his prep folder it says nothing more than "Your opponent is Ginji, and he uses lightning", it isn't like his lightning is different than any lightning found anywhere else in the world...it is just lightning.

Why would an incredible scientist who can neutralize attacks in the way he does have an issue neutralizing something as mundane as lightning?

Also consider that Genji is really only at his absolute peak while actually inside the Infinity Fortress which supplies him with limitless energy to draw upon...he isn't in the Infinity Fortress for this...so it seems that he should be fighting at less than the peaks shown in the series.

Also consider that Genji by nature is actually peace loving and as "death is the last thing he ever wants" fighting someone like Szayel is going to bring up a difficult emotional situation, where he will really be forced to kill his opponent. Without his Raitei alter ego (who was really nohting more than a temporary power up, and at the end of the series is revealed that with Voodoo King dead he would not appear any more) there to do the dirty work actually going to the level of killing someone would be a challenge for Genji, he will hold back I would think.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Lightning is so mundane. Szayel will have no problem cutting Ginji's power, which comes from an unspecified source. No trouble at all. I just love how things that are mundane and every day to us are somehow every day things everywhere else.

A scientist who specializes in spirit energy and has never even encountered electricity in his lifetime is going to be able to just snap his fingers and figure that one out? Really? This is a man who is several centuries old. Someone who has never studied the properties of lightning and electricity. Is soul society powered by electricity? I don't think that it is. Someone who doesn't know about things like current and voltage, etc. will just show up with some rubber boots, right? The man has never encountered electricity before (or if he has, it was very briefly -- if he happened to cross over to the human world, which I'm not sure if he has or not), except the possibility of another person in the afterlife whose special ability is electricity -- but he's never been shown to interact with anyone with that ability. Adding to this fact, that, despite being a so called expert in spirit energy, he still needed to study the corpses of his opponent's previous opponents to nullify their attacks. Spiritual energy is not mundane though, right? Lightning is.

So even if he does find a way to dampen electricity, somehow, that doesn't make Ginji slower, and it doesn't decrease his own strength, or his regeneration and toughness. It would only make his lightning type attacks less effective. Somehow, though, I have a hard time believing that someone who can't even really get his hands on anything electrical is going to be able to study its properties very effectively.

Mundane. Give me a break.

anyway, as I said, I'm short on resources. I have nothing to add for Ginji besides what I've already said in previous fights in this thread. Sorry.

8. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    You are forgiven.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Basically, I'm only even saying anything because I was asked if I had anything. Which I don't, really. So...this is what you get.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    And I'm still from watching the series (sadly) under the impression that the spirit world's denizens are fairly knowledgeable about the real world. They don't go there and go "whoa what's this?" They know what everything is. I can't make myself think Szayel will be puzzled by lightning. And I also think he would be pretty darn hard for Ginji to beat without prep. That's my thoughts right now.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    And my thoughts right now are that you have no idea what you're talking about. No idea!

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I think Szayel probably would be difficult for Ginji even without prep. He's got tricks Ginji would have a hard time dealing with. With the prep, I think it definitely puts him over the top, even if it doesn't make him completely unbeatable like it did to Renji.

XELLOS

13. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I am just not seeing how Szayel's prep is useless for this draft, or match or whatever was said about it? I feel quite the opposite about it really, he has some nice prep-ability. And actually I think Szayel would win even without the prep but that is probably just me. Those guys (BLEACH?!) have more durability than most anything I have seen in another Anime, still think it is being underrated to some extent too. I see Ginji or whatever's prep being more useless though, not sure why he benefits so greatly but yeah...prep.

Didn't really need the discussion on the matches but I always feel guilty judging without it. I agree with Yak.

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    And on that subject, I also agree with the above judgments.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This is the worst kind of robbery.

16. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" (2) vs. Murdertrain a Comin' (3)

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! (3) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (2)

Time for SIX!

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black] Kaname Tosen (Bleach)[/color] vs. [color=blue]Anubis (Ronin Warriors)(FORFEIT)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Aion (Chrono Crusade)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Lady Kayura (Ronin Warriors)[/color][/b]

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Really? Looks pretty easy to me.

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I agree, Aion should with this match fairly easily. Lady Kayura is really lame, as is the rest of the Ronin cast.

Kayura's most powerful attack is that star energy beam that comes from the heavens, and there is no way Aion is going to sit around waiting for that to materialize like the Ronin duo did in this video. Aion moves far faster than these boys do, she aint hitting him.

There also seems to be some doubt as to wether or not Lady Kayura can actually use her most powerful attack when she is not around a lot of water...."Her surekill is called Star Sword Scream (or, in YST, Ran Sei Zan (Storm Star Cut). The attack has her summon a massive barrage of stellar energy from the sky.

Apparently, the attack had some dependency on water, as she never seemed to use it unless a considerable amount was present."

When she manifests the power (slowly) a tower of water rises up, then after a few more seconds the energy beam comes down. In the time it takes that attack to fire Aion could kill her a few times.

There is also the minor issue of how durable Aion is. He was hit with swords, by demons, and blessed bullets...none of that did squat to him. He showed that he has a shield when Chrno was blasting at him, and he has speed enough to dodge Kayura at will...he even showed the ability to teleport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD5ZB4DyD-g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq99DTVqKuE&feature=related (only really good in the first 20 seconds, it shows Aions speed and ranged options)

Seriously, I watched enough Kayura clips to see enough lame slowly built up attacks...unless she has something I missed she really shouldn't win this fight.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Vids... It had to be vids...

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Palm.

Face.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
  23. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    These links are offensive. But yeah I agree with Despised, I think the Ronin guys are pretty lame. So I am glad they both lose here.

BLEACH?! and Aion ftw.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, so you don't like Ronin, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I don't really like it all that much myself -- although sometimes it is so bad that it's awesome.

However, nearly every single thing that Despised said about Kayura is demonstrably false. And I have demonstrabated it several times. Shirley has as well. Now, you can either sit back and continue to ignore these facts, or you can judge properly -- and it's not even that hard, since I have already done all the work several times over (once especially for Chim since he was a new judge). I'm certainly not, for the third or fourth time, going to make an incredibly long post outlining every single one of her abilities again. I'm just not doing it. I'll just take a loss, I guess, and draft her and her buddies super late next time. Hopefully by then someone will get it.

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, this isn't really an easy match to me, but I'm at least fairly confident voting for Aion here. I think Kayura is more powerful and more skilled, but Aion with his regenerative powers, even against demon-specific attacks, is just very hard to beat. Kayura's surekill probably can be done without water, that's purely speculation on Wiki's part, and it also says she has "near-infinite" magical powers or something like that. Bottom line is, she's stronger offensively and more skilled but he's faster and harder to hurt. The Ancient One powers make it very interesting but I don't see this one being settled long-range. No one has an attack that's going to put enough of a hurting on the opponent if it hits. And in close range I like Aion simply because he'll be harder to kill.

But P.S. Aion is EXACTLY the kind of opponent who would watch Kayura take 5-10 seconds to do her surekill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.