main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Anoka Halloween Parade

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Doright, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Anyone can go to the Ghost Trolley. Thanks for thinking 'bout it! I'll be more behind the scenes that night, but I'll be there. It's not super scary, but family scary as a lot of young'uns go to it. But it's a lot of fun....

2. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Hey TK-139! Glad to hear from you. That'd be awesome if you can make it. I'll be sure to e-mail details such as where we're meeting and such to all 501st people as soon as I can.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I threw out the thought of possibly doing the Trail of Terror that night (but that was many threads ago - I'm sure it's lost already). Yeah, it's down in Shakopee, but it is still a lot of fun. Either way, if people want to join me or not, I'm still going - because the 25th is my only night free to get out there.

After working so much, I could use a good scare.

~Mirax

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Either one would be find with me.

what do they both cost?

5. Minnesota_Jones

May 7, 2002
    Ghost Trolley at Lake Harriet is about a 15 minute ride or so approx. Normal fares are $1.50, but Ghost Trolley is more. Times are Fri-Sat-Sun the 24th, 25th, and 26th, and Fri Oct 31st all from 5:30 to 8:30. Price of admission is $3.50 adults - children under 12 are $1.00. Again, it's fun for the family, so it's rated PG scary I'd say.

For sheer terror, the Tunnel of Terror in St Paul by the Jaycees is still the best in the cities by far.... http://www.tunnelofterror.org/

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yea we use to do that when I was a teen.

Always a good time but the lines are usually huge on the weekends.

7. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    From Anoka, I don't know how long the ride down to Shakopee would be for Trail of Terror. I do know that it's $15 ($14.95 if you want to get technical) I always found it to be exceptionally good and scary.

They have the 3/4 miles indoor/heated maze,a hayride (which is ok - when the moon is out, you can see the people in the bushes, so it all depends on the weather & moon cycle) They also have a DJ w/music - which can be fun w/the right DJ, and the Freak Show.

Trail of Terror for more info.

Yeah, .... stuff, and yeah. I'm going to go take a nap now. :cool:

~Mirax

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    It's too early to be certain but the current Paradecast will be Mostly cloudy with temps in the lower 50's.

There will be some showers possible Friday night but they look like they will be out of the area by Sunrise on Saturday.

I'll keep you posted. :)

9. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Doug,

Have we gotten our unit number or anything? Also, when and where are we meeting? When is line up supposed to start? I know the parade lists it's start time as 1pm, but usually it takes awhile to get lined up.

Mike

10. Minnesota_Jones

May 7, 2002
    Reb will be posting all that info soon, but we'll meet at her place and then carpool to the parade. I think we have to be in line by noon. Here's a link to my website - I scanned the parade map route into it. We'll have copies at reb's house but here it is as well... I'm still tweaking the size of it, but here's a link anyway...

parade map

11. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    can anyone help me out with a ride pretty please

Ben

12. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Mike we do have our numbers and stuff. Reb has that info and will be posting it soon.

13. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks nyree

Ben

14. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    *Theam music plays*
    Never fear - Nyree is here!

*Trumpets sound*
    Here she comes to save the day!

I love sugar smashed into the shape of Candy Corn.

~Ny (Mirax)

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Speaking of Candy we need people to bring candy to HAND out. No throwing of candy will be tolerated. :)

Anything is fine but the more the better. Chances are we will be running into thousands of kids.

I picked up 4 big bags of suckers today with about 1500 suckers between them.

I know Reb was going to get some special Candy for Darth Vader but that stuff is like 40 peices for 4 bucks and I got 360 for 6.

1+1+2 = 112. ;)

16. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I've asked Jurist to put an annoucnment for this on the Fanforce news page.

17. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    I think were having a candy sale at work i will see what i can bring

Ben

18. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Here is the 411 for Saturday
    BE EARLY!
    Please be at my house early on Saturday . (10:30)
    Line Up is NOON and the Parade steps off at 1PM sharp. Length of the Parade is a bit over 1.1 miles
    our line up # is Division 6 - unit 17
    SEE YOU AT MY HOUSE
    See yahoo list for directions
    After the Parade, we can order pizza or something and relax for those who can.
    See you Saturday!
    Reb

19. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    We'll be leaving Rebs at 11am so if your later than that meet us at the line up. :D

Bring candy. :D

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    The parade Cast still looks the same.

Highs in the lower 50's and Mostly cloudy skies.

Rain Friday night should end around Sunrise.

It'll be Chilly so you may want to plan accordingly. :)

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I just have to get to Reb's and not Anoka? That's wonderful. :)

I like the idea of doing something after, but I don't have a lot of $ right now, so only Mike's ghost train is a real option for me, and even that will depend on when I work on Sunday and my homework schedule.

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    After talking to a few people I think some folks may be Grossly underestimating the number of kids who may be watching this parade.

For example. My wife and her work were in the Eagan 4th of July Parade.

They gave out over 4000 suckers to kids who were there watching the parade and Ran out long before the end.

Now I've never been at the Anoka Parade and Maybe Eki's Gal can get us a better estimate but from the Parades I have seen we are talking about more than just a few hundred kids here.

This is supposedly the largest Halloween Parade in the country and the web site bills it as one of the Largest parades in Minnesota.

I just think this needs to be made clear since I felt ignored when I made this point at the Council meeting when people were talking dark chocolate, stuffed toys, and theme candy.

1500-2000 kids is not out of the question. I would bet on many many more than that.

Cool weather may keep the numbers down some but I don't know. Maybe someone else has a better Idea about that.

Discuss at will I guess.

I've got apx 1500 suckers ready. I can get more if needed.

Plus whatever we hand out we need to carry with us. I'll have a wagon we can pull along or something along those lines but there is a limit to how much we can carry.

guys in Armor won't be able to carry anything sence they will have a hard enough time seeing where they are going.

Plus we need to be able to hand out things with out slowing up the parade. We can't stop and dilly dally.

I don't know I am new to this parade thing so someone who knows better please speak up.

thanks.

:)

23. TK171

TK171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2001
    Bill, Doug, Reb..etc.

I still plan on being there. I have something going on that morning, but think I can still make the 11:30 mark.

I'll be in the gunner costume.

does someone have a Cell phone to call that morning to get more info if needed?

Joe

24. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Are we going to have a banner or anything? Do we even have anything like that for the three groups participating?

25. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    We are working on finding out if our banner is OK.
    Joe I will email you my cell phone.
    On the issue of candy - we MUST hand it out - not throw it - Vader would make a big deal out of handing out some candy - the rest of us should have a "bucket" and the same rulea\
    applies - WE HAVE TO HAND IT DIRECTLY TO THE KIDS - this will cut the amount we give out because that takes more effort and less is given out - I can attest to this from doing several parades last summer.
    Being at my house at 10 am is ok as well
    and I am considering that Ghost Trolley - sounds like fun!
    Reb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.