main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another little discrepancy in ANH

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Max Rebo, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Rebo

Max Rebo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 1998
    Something that always kinda puzzled me in ANH. When Threepio and Artooo escape in the pod, we see two Imperial gunners, and one says "There goes another one" but when later on, an officer reports to Vader, he states that during the battle "an escape pod had jettisoned". Not more than one, just one. So. I know it's a minor thing, probly nothing more than a script error, or something, but it's one of those little errors that jump out at me.

There are others. I'd love to see what ones jump out at all of you.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    In the Radio Drama of ANH, the Imperial mentions that THIS escape pod fired steering thrusters...

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    that is a very good observation! i never even thought twice of it!

hmm...lemme see if i can come up with one.

it may be explained in the EU, but, Han never payed jabba, obviously

did he put the money back into the Rebellion or did he use it to modify his ship?

4. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    It problably means that the escape pod that the droids were on was the only one to safely land on a planet. The other escape pods that took off before ("There goes another"), were shot down by the Star Destroyer. The Star Destroyer didn't fire on the droids' pod because there were no life forms that appeared on board.

5. StormtrooperJay

StormtrooperJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    I agree, Darth. I think this particular pod is what he was talking about, simply because there are no life forms on it.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Agreed. This pod is a possible location for the plans. They must have blasted any others, so they weren't an option.

7. Palpazzar

Palpazzar Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I agree with those above and add that the officer was probably only giving Vader the relavent information. Since the plans weren't aboard, the only logical way they escaped was in the pod that was not destroyed. He just reported the facts to Vader who is in fact a very busy man.

8. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    The Imp who talks to Vader probably knew that Vader might see something in an empty pod being jettisoned from a Corellian Corvette under attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.