main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    What about the period between VI and VII? That period seems to be ripe for anthology films, especially Luke's jedi academy, what happened to Kylo, Snoke, etc.

2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Absolutely. I think a cartoon like Rebels/Clone Wars would best suit that though.Really flesh it out.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I agree with themoth. The best thing to do there is have an animated series. I honestly don't think they're going to touch anything between VI and VII in regards to Kylo/Snoke/the Jedi Academy in live-action. Forcebacks/visions in VIII and IX? For sure, yeah. But a full-on Anthology? Nah.

An animated series, though, gives you a lot of leeway. You can play around with Luke, Han, and Leia in their prime. You can have seasons skip ahead a few years so that Kylo can be depicted at different ages. You can actually show the hard-won peace our heroes fought for in the OT that's become undone by the time of the ST. Lots of fun possibilities.

4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. They aren't dictated to by actors and the limitations of age. A comic series would be good too, but an animated series would be even better.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We just need some more budget and then we are good.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Mungo Baobab and daniel brown like this.
  7. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Cad Bane in the Han Solo film would be perfect.

TheManFromMortis and starocean90 like this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    here's the full quote
    yeah I agree could be cool to see Han vs Cad.:D

9. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Cad turn up in the movies.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016

An animated series will have a larger Audience. Period. Both mediums would be perfect for telling the story, but more people will be willing to invest in an animated series.

themoth and starocean90 like this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think I recall Filoni saying the problem with Cad Bane (or even Fett) being in Rebels is that he's too good/professional for the Ghost Crew, while also saying Embo was more likely. Something along those lines.

makes sense as during TCW, he went up against the best of the best and usually fared pretty well against experienced Jedi.

so Cad fits better someone like Han Solo, Chewie, maybe add Lando too. A 3 v 1 battle.:D

I honestly don't think it makes sense to have an ongoing comic of the period between VI and VII while the SW ongoing is telling the story of the same characters between IV and V. Which is why I think it should just be an animated series with the Big 3. Stories tons of people have wanted told for more than 3 decades, they deserve something visual rather than just pictures.:)

themoth and General_Leia_Organa like this.
  12. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    My hope is that Rebels will end with series 4, and will be replaced by a post ROTJ series.

13. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Agreed 100%.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Manny Bothans

Manny Bothans Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2013
    That's my hope too. Introduce Cassian Andor as another Fulcrum on Rebels. Get them to Yavin 4. And then end it on a high note.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well seems like the 3rd anthology for 2020 is in development.
    and we know it has a writer on board.
    http://screenrant.com/star-wars-future-movies-bob-iger/

Luke'sSeveredHand and cerealbox like this.
  16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'd love a Clone Wars set anthology movie at some point, maybe another shot at depicting the Anakin/Obi Wan dynamic in live action.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I would've thought there is plenty of scope for an animated series set between the episodes, bridging ANH to TESB, TESB to ROTJ and ROTJ to TFA.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope the Boba Fett film has been knocked on the head. I'm going to be unoriginal and echo what almost everyone else is saying: I hope it’s a Kenobi film (I really do, though). Or an Old Republic film. Or even a Yoda film.

Immortiss and Zejo the Jedi like this.
  19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I'm not saying Boba movie would be great or terrible.

But if this were one of the films George wanted to be made, when he sold the company, would like everyone not be harsh with the concept?

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Okay, I agree that if it was one of Lucas' ideas (as is the Han Solo film) then yes, I suppose. I just think Boba Fett is quite boring, but we'll see.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I've never thought this idea of making movies of characters a was particularly deep idea.
    If George had a list of names... Han, Boba, Obi Wan, Yoda etc... and that was his Big Idea, well, meh. No one deserves to be called a genius for coming up with that.

...and Boba Fett never did much for me either. Perhaps what he needs is some decent writing behind him. A smart script to make him interesting.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  22. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Honestly, I don't care for either an Obi-Wan movie or Yoda movie and I'm not even all that hype about a Solo film. The only reason I hesitate is because I thought Rogue One would be wack too and it's looking like one of the best SW films that's ever been put out. I just don't know how a Solo film adds anything to the universe. I imagine in Rogue One there will be easter eggs and I'm hoping there's a connection or important story element that makes Rogue One relevant to the current trilogy.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Does it have to add to the Big Story?
    A common suggestion is a story that doesn't matter to anything else at all. Han has an adventure. Can't that be enough?

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    To me that is Star Wars future. I just don't know how long you can drag a saga out.

25. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    as a fan what I really want to see in future anthology films is either between VI and VII or way before I (i.e. young Yoda, rise of the Sith, etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.