main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Any Star Wars/Sci-Fi Model Builders Out There?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimike421, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I have from time to time assembled models ranging from Star Wars to Battlestar Galactica to Star Trek and was curious to see if anyone else has pursued this hobby.

I am wanting to experiment with kit bashing, kit bashing basically means that you take several unassembled models and merge them to create something unique or even go as far as to modify an existing model. Perhaps if we can get enough people into modeling we can make soome fun activities out of it.

2. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have also from time to time done models. The only one that i REALLY got into was Slave 1. Unfortunately there really isn't any SW models available now, at least any reasonably priced, not that i've seen anyhow.

I do have a few models still in the box. that I was planning on doing a diorama with. I've got the TIE fighter 2 pack, Darth Vader's TIE and an X-wing and I was planning on doing some sort of trench diorama with it.

3. drk-lady-of-the-sith

drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I love putting together models... when I actually have time. Nobody laugh, but I used to be in 4-H. I put together some prize winning models :D They were never Star Wars models, however, because at the time I had no interest in SW. :eek: I know, what was wrong with me?

4. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I know how to build from scratch, kit-bash, lighting, and I've also built pretty much all of the star wars model kits made by MPC...

finding the snap-together A-wing was a bitch...

I would kill for the chance (money, time, supplies, & tools) to make from scratch an electronic Y-wing.

Exalted_1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.