main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Commercials: Official Reaction Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PaulBannister, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Sounds like it to me, what do you think? It goes with that scene where Padme is hanging onto something.

2. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It sounds like Boba Fett from ESB (or the stormtrooper in the room where 3PO wandered into). Probably Jango.

3. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    *shrug* I really don't know. BTW, anyone seen the new title pages at SW.com?

The one of Padme... :)

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The "she will die" line's delivery seems a little odd at first. But after viewing a few times, it flows better. I get the sense Dooku is very tired of having to do with Neimodians. He's just brushing them off, assuring them.

5. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It sounds like a mindtrick. Especially with the waving of the hand.

I like the new front pages at SW.com. The Padme one will soon find its way to my desktop.

6. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    I think he's partly assuing them because of the trouble she's causing before, not that he's tired of the Neimoidians. Nute knows personally what she can do.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a good point Dan. And Ardens, that's an interesting observation.

Yeah, I like the new layout.

8. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    I didn't notice the waving of the hand. That could go either way. Jar-Jar was waving his hand to assure the troops, and he sure wasn't using a mindtrick. I even wave my hand a little to assure someone, giving a "Don't worry about it" gesture.

What exactly is "She will die" commanding the Neimoidians to do, anyways? Calming their fears? Not really a dark-side trait..

And here's world's dorkiest face (looks better in the whole shot though): Here

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I think the gesture is for assurance. He's just calming them down.

And that face definitely wins. [face_laugh]

10. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Is there something wrong with the sound in Padme's story? It seems sped up a little bit to me. All of Padme's lines have a very faint hint of "Chipmunk" to them, making her sound like a little girl.

11. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I'm afraid of spoilers and I haven't watched all the commercials, so I haven't read every page of this thread. Sorry if this has been discussed.

In the first Jango commercial, the last couple of shots are obviously reversed, because his antenna is on the wrong side of his head. I hate to be nitpicky, but is this something that might be corrected in the final film, even if they have to do it digitally? Maybe it's minor, but to me it's glaring and somewhat distracting.

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    If you are interested in the reverse angle of Jango, there is quite an interesting thread in the PSA about that. I understand your aversion to spoilers, but in case you are interested, I can provide you a link. :)

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I thought Lee's delivery of that line was perfect. I loved the way he said "She will die" so casually.

14. StarmanTHX

StarmanTHX Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Does anyone know when specific commercials will be shown? I'm making a DVD of the commercials taken from my TiVo and I only have three left to find:

CloneTroopers
    Obi-Wan
    Jango Fett

The quality of the commercials that are online now are not of good enough quality for DVD, so I have to do it myself.

If anyone knows when these will be on, please let us all know!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.