main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apparently Plo Koon and Mace Windu are pretty close...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by goincommando, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goincommando

goincommando Jedi Master star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    So I was over at Target getting the Clone Wars DVD, and on my way over there I stopped to look at the action figures. With Attack of the Clones I went crazy with action figures and bought everyone I could find, but this year I've decided to hold off on that, but this is besides the point.

I was looking at the assorted figures and the unleashed figures and so on, then I saw the lightsabers. Even though I've held off on the action figures, I've still bought the hasbro lightsabers (I have all the ones so far, save Mace Windu's). So I'm looking at them, and I see Mace Windu's. I was very excited, Mace has always been one of my favorite Jedi, if not my favorite, I checked out the packaging, very nice, but then I actually look at the lightsaber, and I notice that all it is, is a purple blade attached to a handle that looks a lot like Plo Koon's.

Is this a marketing mix-up, or is Hasbro trying to be thrifty and not make a handle with gold sections on it?

2. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Yeah, Hasbro just didn't make Mace's electrum lightsaber. I'm really not sure why - I personally think it's one of the most distinctive hilts in the series, and not an easy one to replace with a generic hilt and get away with it. It's possible that they've been using his Episode I hilt for all his lightsabers, but I'm not sure. I don't collect the lightsabers and haven't examined any of them too closely.

3. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    The electronic Mace saber hilt is most similar to that of Kit Fisto. It's not his TPM hilt. Hasbro scarfed that hilt up somewhere instead of doing Mace's AOTC/ROTS hilt, which would have been absoutely sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.