main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN April 6th Meeting: Are you coming?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    maybe we need to make a note: no more Saturday nights?

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Well Scruff, we had more people say that Saturday night was more convenient for them this time, so that's why we did it. It was by majority vote :)

With a lot of things still up in the air about advance ticket dates, exact theater times, our theater of choice, ?[face_plain] , volunteers to help with programs and flyers, I think we may need to have another meeting this month, maybe next Friday or Saturday. Not everyone will need to attend, just those that our helping out with passing out flyers and getting the word out to the media. This will be a quick meeting and mainly just organizational stuff. We are going to do a press release as soon as I get Carmike Corporate to say, "Yes. If the 12:01 midnight showing is an option, we will be showing AOTC at 12:01 a.m." I will hopefully find this out Monday or Tuesday of next week. If I can't get a hold of my contact, I will be calling corporate directly. Either way, we will get an answer early next week and go from there.

I will also be bringing a smaller version of our banner, as well as the flyer & program prototypes. I had hoped to be able to have these printed and ready to pass out, but with Carmike a possible ? , it won't hurt to wait a few days. I've also been hearing rumblings within the City Rep boards that we should have an answer on advance ticket sales and show times by this coming Wednesday, but Patty, my contatct at LFL could not confirm this.

3. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I won't be able to make it to the meeting, but my right-hand man, Elan-Rai, will be there, and he'll be talking about the fan film we're making.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, our previous two meetings were on Friday nights. I'm in favour of alternating days each month, that way just about everyone should be able to make one or the other.

And don't forget your NAD shirts if you one!

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Tell me if you think this is a bad idea, but what does everyone think about having 2 meetings each month. Now, before everyone jumps to conclusions, let me explain.

If we have 2 meetings: one on a Friday and another on a Saturday, everyone would catch what we talked about. Everyone could attend one or both. We could make ONE the official meeting of the month, and the other be a backup. One month, the official meeting is on a Saturday, then next is on a Friday and so on...

How does that sound?

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    It sounds good if our group continues to grow like it has over the past few months. Its getting more difficult to find places that will a lot us that much seating without a deposit. However, after Episode I was released, everyone got burned out on STAR WARS for a while. Maybe we should just play it by ear ;) After Episode II comes out, maybe we could come up with different group events, like a gaming even, or a movie outing like we have been. Let's bring it up at the meeting tonight and see what everyone thinks and then go from there.

Edit:Some people are bringing friends & family. We've had a couple newbies that I believe said they were coming too. We will have more than your list indicates I believe. I'm just sorry that we don't have everything nailed down yet. Its so fun waiting in Lucasfilm. It's like being at the airport, "Hurry up to wait" :p

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I'd be all up for playing a little Jedi Outcast if anyone wanted to. Hint... hint... [face_laugh]

8. Aztecwizard

Aztecwizard Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    Although the meeting is in a couple of hours - I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be there.

It seems I won't be able to have that video tape of the Episode I line :( - my buddy has not had a chance to dub them down to VHS. If we have a second meeting, as was discussed, perhaps I can have a copy then.

Until tonight. . .

9. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    It seemed there at the end there were several who couldn't make. Odds are, no matter what night of the week we chose, there would be someone who couldn't make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.