main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are all great Star Wars novels written by authors with facial hair?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Jan 13, 2003.

?

Are all great Star Wars novels written by authors with facial hair?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I was not trying to be funny nor have I ever been a ZZ-Top fan. I had, however, been watching the Back to the Future DVD set a bit much over the weekend which may have helped to cause me to think that.

2. Kyp_

Kyp_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2002
    I happen to think that all star wars novels are 'great', with the exception of anything by a certain female author =)

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Kyp, which female author? What did she do?

Knight, I'm not a ZZ Top fan either. Heh heh. I don't usually listen to their stuff. Or maybe I do and I'm just not aware of it . . . But whenever I see a young man with a long beard---by young I mean way under thirty!---I just know, well, there's one of their fans.

4. Kyp_

Kyp_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2002
    I just don't like her works, I won't mention any names or whatever, I don't like author bashing =/

5. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I voted no, because of the Han Solo Trilogy. Some of the other books by female authors are also good, but not great.

I wonder what results we would get if HALF the authors were female. As of now, most of the authors who have contributed to the EU are male.

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The true test.

What does the Force Heretic series do to this hypothesis if it ends up being great? If it's not great? What does it mean?

:eek:

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    You'd never be able to think so with me, then. My beard's never been much past my chin, and that's not just because it gets trimmed either.

8. JadedSkycrawler

JadedSkycrawler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2002
    hmm...It didn't appear to me that KATHY TYERS had a whole lot of facial hair, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.